Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

How decided are you on NU?

Tuition deposit is in and I'm ready to go!
24
39%
Tuition deposit not in, but it's an emphatic yes
4
6%
Planning on committing if they give me the right coins (i.e. scholly reconsideration)
8
13%
Still conflicted
7
11%
That's gonna be a no for me
19
31%
 
Total votes: 62

User avatar
btruj777

Bronze
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:31 am

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby btruj777 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:04 pm

negativenancy wrote:Am I the only one having trouble opening the candidate response form? I've tried a couple browsers and I can only open the Early Decision one.

(Also, we have to withdraw from school's we've been accepted by if we pay the seat deposit, right?)



I am also having this issue, were you able to overcome it?

User avatar
dasq5511

Bronze
Posts: 194
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 3:52 am

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby dasq5511 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:23 pm

dclaw93 wrote:Has anyone successfully requested an extension for the deposit deadline? I just emailed asking for one and am wondering my chances they'll grant it.


Yes, I asked for two weeks and got 6 days extra.

negativenancy

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:01 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby negativenancy » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:47 am

carsondalywashere wrote:
negativenancy wrote:Am I the only one having trouble opening the candidate response form? I've tried a couple browsers and I can only open the Early Decision one.

(Also, we have to withdraw from school's we've been accepted by if we pay the seat deposit, right?)

If you are ED yes, but otherwise, no. Might want to call them to make sure though.


Thanks for the info! I'll double-check tomorrow

User avatar
thatlawlkid

Gold
Posts: 2230
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:06 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby thatlawlkid » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:10 am

negativenancy wrote:
carsondalywashere wrote:
negativenancy wrote:Am I the only one having trouble opening the candidate response form? I've tried a couple browsers and I can only open the Early Decision one.

(Also, we have to withdraw from school's we've been accepted by if we pay the seat deposit, right?)

If you are ED yes, but otherwise, no. Might want to call them to make sure though.


Thanks for the info! I'll double-check tomorrow

Be a pal and let us know the result?

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby 2000andBeyond » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:48 am

I can't open the candidate response form either :(

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby 2000andBeyond » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:55 am

2000andBeyond wrote:I can't open the candidate response form either :(


For anyone having this issue, go to your decision letter and click that link to the candidate response form. It works.

carsondalywashere

Silver
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:33 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby carsondalywashere » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:55 pm

Is there anything other than the candidate response form, scholarship acceptance, and tuition deposit we need to take care of?

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3433
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby guynourmin » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:19 pm

carsondalywashere wrote:Is there anything other than the candidate response form, scholarship acceptance, and tuition deposit we need to take care of?

hope not!

RedPurpleBlue

Silver
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby RedPurpleBlue » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:16 pm

Well, finally checked all three - deposit, Candidate RF, and Scholarship RF - off the list. I'm really happy to be joining you all in August! Orientation is during my 22nd, so we'll have an excuse (not like we didn't already have one) to go out for a drink.

User avatar
thatlawlkid

Gold
Posts: 2230
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:06 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby thatlawlkid » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:28 pm

RedPurpleBlue wrote:Well, finally checked all three - deposit, Candidate RF, and Scholarship RF - off the list. I'm really happy to be joining you all in August! Orientation is during my 22nd, so we'll have an excuse (not like we didn't already have one) to go out for a drink.

Just submitted all of mine as well... still waiting on that $$$ reconsideration though.

Edit: Also asked the person in the admissions department if any of this was binding and she said that it was not. FWIW - I personally wasnt sure.

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby 2000andBeyond » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:45 pm

carsondalywashere wrote:Is there anything other than the candidate response form, scholarship acceptance, and tuition deposit we need to take care of?


I forgot to accept my scholarship and you just saved my life :shock:

It was like...the most important thing and I almost missed it thanks to how busy work is. LIKE. HOW?

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3433
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby guynourmin » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:51 pm

2000andBeyond wrote:
carsondalywashere wrote:Is there anything other than the candidate response form, scholarship acceptance, and tuition deposit we need to take care of?


I forgot to accept my scholarship and you just saved my life :shock:

It was like...the most important thing and I almost missed it thanks to how busy work is. LIKE. HOW?

Tbf, kind of dumb we have to accept it separately from just accepting their offer.

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby 2000andBeyond » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:53 pm

guybourdin wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:
carsondalywashere wrote:Is there anything other than the candidate response form, scholarship acceptance, and tuition deposit we need to take care of?


I forgot to accept my scholarship and you just saved my life :shock:

It was like...the most important thing and I almost missed it thanks to how busy work is. LIKE. HOW?

Tbf, kind of dumb we have to accept it separately from just accepting their offer.


Seriously...

DO I WANT THE MONEY??? :roll: :roll: YA GAHDAMN RIGHT I WANT THE MONEY LMAO

User avatar
btruj777

Bronze
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:31 am

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby btruj777 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:00 pm

Does anyone else want them to update their gmail logo? Or are they still using that logo?

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3433
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby guynourmin » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:52 am

check in to the destinations thread if you've deposited! I know how hard pulling the trigger is.

gilbilya

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby gilbilya » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:02 pm

For those of you who have deposited, mind sharing your reasons for picking NU over other schools via pm or out here? Pretty conflicted at this point :(

RedPurpleBlue

Silver
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby RedPurpleBlue » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:32 pm

gilbilya wrote:For those of you who have deposited, mind sharing your reasons for picking NU over other schools via pm or out here? Pretty conflicted at this point :(


I chose NU over Michigan/UVA at equal cost, because of a few reasons.

1) I wanted to stay in Chicago
a) I have a SO in Chicagoland
b) I really like the city and will likely practice here.
2) I was pretty impressed by ASW: the facilities, admitted students, and current students seem great.
3) NU's clinics are more oriented towards areas of law I want to pursue. A good few of Michigan's clinics just did not seem very interesting to me.
4) The students are older on average, and I think that's a good complement to me being on the younger side
5) $8,000 1L summer funding that I don't have to pay back (have to pay back $4,000 1L summer funding at Michigan if you do 2L BL)
6) I'm marginally more comfortable with the employment outcomes at NU and prefer NU's LRAP

Basically a ton of very medium-sized/small things that added up to make it a pretty obvious choice for me.

gilbilya

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby gilbilya » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:40 pm

Thank you! appreciate it :D

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3433
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby guynourmin » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:36 pm

It's official official: just signed a new lease. I'm around all summer if anyone wants to grab a drink or lunch or something.

RedPurpleBlue

Silver
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby RedPurpleBlue » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:23 pm

guybourdin wrote:It's official official: just signed a new lease. I'm around all summer if anyone wants to grab a drink or lunch or something.


Keep an eye on your PMs in June; I'll probably take you up on your offer. You sign in the same neighborhood?

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby 2000andBeyond » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:46 pm

Guys..

Where do I live?

How do I find housing in a new city?

When do I move in?

:( :cry:

User avatar
BruiseWillis

Bronze
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:34 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby BruiseWillis » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:50 pm

RedPurpleBlue wrote:
guybourdin wrote:It's official official: just signed a new lease. I'm around all summer if anyone wants to grab a drink or lunch or something.


Keep an eye on your PMs in June; I'll probably take you up on your offer. You sign in the same neighborhood?

I'll join you guys as well! Moving late June

User avatar
thatlawlkid

Gold
Posts: 2230
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:06 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby thatlawlkid » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:58 pm

2000andBeyond wrote:Guys..

Where do I live?

How do I find housing in a new city?

When do I move in?

:( :cry:

Hi, I am in the exact same boat. This all seems like a hassle, maybe i will enroll at local TTT instead?

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby 2000andBeyond » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:52 pm

thatlawlkid wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:Guys..

Where do I live?

How do I find housing in a new city?

When do I move in?

:( :cry:

Hi, I am in the exact same boat. This all seems like a hassle, maybe i will enroll at local TTT instead?


lol the skress is so real!

User avatar
thatlawlkid

Gold
Posts: 2230
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:06 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby thatlawlkid » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:10 pm

2000andBeyond wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:Guys..

Where do I live?

How do I find housing in a new city?

When do I move in?

:( :cry:

Hi, I am in the exact same boat. This all seems like a hassle, maybe i will enroll at local TTT instead?


lol the skress is so real!

We could just ignore it and eventually become dumpster roomies. Although i imagine the winter won't be kind to us.



Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests