Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

How decided are you on NU?

Tuition deposit is in and I'm ready to go!
24
39%
Tuition deposit not in, but it's an emphatic yes
4
6%
Planning on committing if they give me the right coins (i.e. scholly reconsideration)
8
13%
Still conflicted
7
11%
That's gonna be a no for me
19
31%
 
Total votes: 62

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3428
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby guynourmin » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:25 pm

amta wrote:
amta wrote:I am willing to cede the OP of this thread at a later date.


2000andBeyond wrote: --


*cough*

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby 2000andBeyond » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:29 pm

RedPurpleBlue wrote:
brinicolec wrote:After seeing the super unimpressive scholly offer from NU, I've become even more certain that I'll be depositing elsewhere so I'm not even gonna visit anymore.

Y'all have fun this week!


Damn, that's really disappointing. You seem like a really fun person. Well, best luck elsewhere!


Best of luck Bri!!!

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby 2000andBeyond » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:30 pm

guybourdin wrote:
amta wrote:
amta wrote:I am willing to cede the OP of this thread at a later date.


2000andBeyond wrote: --


*cough*


LOL...is that a nomination?? I would be humbled and honored to be your OP :lol:

User avatar
BruiseWillis

Bronze
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:34 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby BruiseWillis » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:44 pm

2000andBeyond wrote:
jamjmont wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:So what bar are we meeting at on Friday? *emoji eyes*


I am not super familiar with the area, but my impression is that we're not going to have a good time trying to find a place to sit around and talk in the area - it always just seems so crowded. a stop or two north might be easier?

Is everyone going to the musical friday night? I am probably not.


I was gonna go to the musical actually lol...sounds like fun! Maybe we can coordinate on Friday? We can find a bar somewhere up north. Would love to meet you all!


There are plenty of fine establishments a short Uber ride away that we could plan to get together at after the musical, especially in the River North area.


Perf. So maybe we can plan to meet up outside musical place and head over to a nice bar and get turnt?


Sounds like a perfect plan to me

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby 2000andBeyond » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:47 pm

BruiseWillis wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:
jamjmont wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:So what bar are we meeting at on Friday? *emoji eyes*


I am not super familiar with the area, but my impression is that we're not going to have a good time trying to find a place to sit around and talk in the area - it always just seems so crowded. a stop or two north might be easier?

Is everyone going to the musical friday night? I am probably not.


I was gonna go to the musical actually lol...sounds like fun! Maybe we can coordinate on Friday? We can find a bar somewhere up north. Would love to meet you all!


There are plenty of fine establishments a short Uber ride away that we could plan to get together at after the musical, especially in the River North area.


Perf. So maybe we can plan to meet up outside musical place and head over to a nice bar and get turnt?


Sounds like a perfect plan to me


Yay! Sounds like fun.

Dondraper88

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:35 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby Dondraper88 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:49 pm

brinicolec wrote:After seeing the super unimpressive scholly offer from NU, I've become even more certain that I'll be depositing elsewhere so I'm not even gonna visit anymore.

Y'all have fun this week!


Sorry to hear that you gave life to my group on fb, and I as looking forward to being 1l friends.

User avatar
btruj777

Bronze
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:31 am

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby btruj777 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:50 pm

Dondraper88 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:After seeing the super unimpressive scholly offer from NU, I've become even more certain that I'll be depositing elsewhere so I'm not even gonna visit anymore.

Y'all have fun this week!


Sorry to hear that you gave life to my group on fb, and I as looking forward to being 1l friends.


+1

SuperCoolDude

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:21 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby SuperCoolDude » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:35 pm

Does Northwestern send some kind of letter in the mail after you get admitted? I haven't gotten anything yet at all and I was admitted months ago.

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3428
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby guynourmin » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:39 pm

SuperCoolDude wrote:Does Northwestern send some kind of letter in the mail after you get admitted? I haven't gotten anything yet at all and I was admitted months ago.

They do. Seems like very few people have received it, though. I haven't!

User avatar
anyriotgirl

Platinum
Posts: 8349
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:54 am

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby anyriotgirl » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:45 pm

Last edited by anyriotgirl on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby Keilz » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:57 pm

anyriotgirl wrote:


Listened to the whole song but y tho

User avatar
jjcorvino

Silver
Posts: 1453
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby jjcorvino » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:01 am

guybourdin wrote:
SuperCoolDude wrote:Does Northwestern send some kind of letter in the mail after you get admitted? I haven't gotten anything yet at all and I was admitted months ago.

They do. Seems like very few people have received it, though. I haven't!


I was admitted in January, still haven't received anything physical!

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby dietcoke1 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:46 pm

excited for ASW! first time in Chicago, any thing I HAVE to check out? I was hoping the Cubs would be in town this weekend :/

User avatar
BoyJord

Bronze
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:15 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby BoyJord » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:04 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:excited for ASW! first time in Chicago, any thing I HAVE to check out? I was hoping the Cubs would be in town this weekend :/


If you get in before Wednesday night, you should check out TJ and Dave at the iO theater.

User avatar
jjcorvino

Silver
Posts: 1453
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby jjcorvino » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:31 pm

BoyJord wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:excited for ASW! first time in Chicago, any thing I HAVE to check out? I was hoping the Cubs would be in town this weekend :/


If you get in before Wednesday night, you should check out TJ and Dave at the iO theater.


I haven't checked, but the Sox are fun too!

Also, I would say that if it is nice out, maybe go to Lincoln Park Zoo, or just walk around the museum campus and check out the cultural parts of the city.

Besides that, get some good food. Deep dish pizza, Chicago thin crust, italian beef, hot dogs. Love the food in the city.

User avatar
lula43

Bronze
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:33 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby lula43 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:35 pm

Almost certain I'm attending ASW this weekend. Does anyone know what they will reimburse within the travel stipend? (Gas, food while traveling, etc.) Thanks!

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby brinicolec » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:27 pm

2000andBeyond wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:
brinicolec wrote:After seeing the super unimpressive scholly offer from NU, I've become even more certain that I'll be depositing elsewhere so I'm not even gonna visit anymore.

Y'all have fun this week!


Damn, that's really disappointing. You seem like a really fun person. Well, best luck elsewhere!


Best of luck Bri!!!



Thanks guys! Same to you both!

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby 2000andBeyond » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:21 pm

jjcorvino wrote:
BoyJord wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:excited for ASW! first time in Chicago, any thing I HAVE to check out? I was hoping the Cubs would be in town this weekend :/


If you get in before Wednesday night, you should check out TJ and Dave at the iO theater.


I haven't checked, but the Sox are fun too!

Also, I would say that if it is nice out, maybe go to Lincoln Park Zoo, or just walk around the museum campus and check out the cultural parts of the city.

Besides that, get some good food. Deep dish pizza, Chicago thin crust, italian beef, hot dogs. Love the food in the city.


First time in Chicago too, and I'm so excited!

Is anyone going to the Diversity Day?

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby 2000andBeyond » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:23 pm

lula43 wrote:Almost certain I'm attending ASW this weekend. Does anyone know what they will reimburse within the travel stipend? (Gas, food while traveling, etc.) Thanks!


I think it's just transportation and lodging per this sentence on their stipend form:

The amount of your subsidy will be based on (1) your CURRENT ADDRESS on file in your application for admission and (2) the receipts you submit for transportation and/or overnight accommodations.

If you're traveling by car, I would think gas would count, but I don't really know!

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby dietcoke1 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:26 pm

2000andBeyond wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
BoyJord wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:excited for ASW! first time in Chicago, any thing I HAVE to check out? I was hoping the Cubs would be in town this weekend :/


If you get in before Wednesday night, you should check out TJ and Dave at the iO theater.


I haven't checked, but the Sox are fun too!

Also, I would say that if it is nice out, maybe go to Lincoln Park Zoo, or just walk around the museum campus and check out the cultural parts of the city.

Besides that, get some good food. Deep dish pizza, Chicago thin crust, italian beef, hot dogs. Love the food in the city.


First time in Chicago too, and I'm so excited!

Is anyone going to the Diversity Day?


Yes, ill be there

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3428
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby guynourmin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:47 pm

The A-Z list just sent out says we should bring out Moleskins! thefuck I don't have a Moleskin

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby 2000andBeyond » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:57 pm

guybourdin wrote:The A-Z list just sent out says we should bring out Moleskins! thefuck I don't have a Moleskin


WAIT, WHAT?!

User avatar
jjcorvino

Silver
Posts: 1453
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby jjcorvino » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:01 pm

2000andBeyond wrote:
guybourdin wrote:The A-Z list just sent out says we should bring out Moleskins! thefuck I don't have a Moleskin


WAIT, WHAT?!


I came to post this. NU I am still waiting on my packet.

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby 2000andBeyond » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:02 pm

jjcorvino wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:
guybourdin wrote:The A-Z list just sent out says we should bring out Moleskins! thefuck I don't have a Moleskin


WAIT, WHAT?!


I came to post this. NU I am still waiting on my packet.


Was this sent via email?

At this point y'all, let's just pick them up in person :roll:

User avatar
TexasENG

Silver
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby TexasENG » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:12 pm

2000andBeyond wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
2000andBeyond wrote:
guybourdin wrote:The A-Z list just sent out says we should bring out Moleskins! thefuck I don't have a Moleskin


WAIT, WHAT?!


I came to post this. NU I am still waiting on my packet.


Was this sent via email?

At this point y'all, let's just pick them up in person :roll:


I think NU took the longest for my packet to arrive for any school. I'm not going there but I'm keeping / using that damn moleskin.



Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests