Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

How decided are you on NU?

Tuition deposit is in and I'm ready to go!
24
39%
Tuition deposit not in, but it's an emphatic yes
4
6%
Planning on committing if they give me the right coins (i.e. scholly reconsideration)
8
13%
Still conflicted
7
11%
That's gonna be a no for me
19
31%
 
Total votes: 62

User avatar
twochipmunks

New
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:47 am

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby twochipmunks » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:47 am

2000andBeyond wrote:
AFtoLawschool wrote:Everybody think positive thoughts about NU releasing scholarships tomorrow! Keeping my fingers crossed and my Johann Twitter refreshed.


+1 love the positive vibes!


+2

Johann, if you're reading this, scholarships is what the people want!

User avatar
alpha kenny body

Gold
Posts: 4850
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby alpha kenny body » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:33 pm

guybourdin wrote:
fips tedora wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
glockov wrote:Anyone planning on living kinda far from campus?


If I go I'll be ~45 min away by public transit.

I know someone that commutes 1.5 hours to school everyday. Their rent is like $500 a month plus another $160 in gas/tolls. Not a bad idea to explore, if you're looking to save.


1.5 round trip or each way?
I just like my neighborhood.

Each way. it's more like 1hr20m but still

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3428
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby guynourmin » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:36 pm

fips tedora wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
fips tedora wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
glockov wrote:Anyone planning on living kinda far from campus?


If I go I'll be ~45 min away by public transit.

I know someone that commutes 1.5 hours to school everyday. Their rent is like $500 a month plus another $160 in gas/tolls. Not a bad idea to explore, if you're looking to save.


1.5 round trip or each way?
I just like my neighborhood.

Each way. it's more like 1hr20m but still

makes me feel better about my potential commute! Are you definitely going?

User avatar
alpha kenny body

Gold
Posts: 4850
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby alpha kenny body » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:42 pm

guybourdin wrote:
fips tedora wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
fips tedora wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
glockov wrote:Anyone planning on living kinda far from campus?


If I go I'll be ~45 min away by public transit.

I know someone that commutes 1.5 hours to school everyday. Their rent is like $500 a month plus another $160 in gas/tolls. Not a bad idea to explore, if you're looking to save.


1.5 round trip or each way?
I just like my neighborhood.

Each way. it's more like 1hr20m but still

makes me feel better about my potential commute! Are you definitely going?

Not definitely. More than likely H, if not Y.

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3428
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby guynourmin » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:54 pm

fips tedora wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
fips tedora wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
fips tedora wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
glockov wrote:Anyone planning on living kinda far from campus?


If I go I'll be ~45 min away by public transit.

I know someone that commutes 1.5 hours to school everyday. Their rent is like $500 a month plus another $160 in gas/tolls. Not a bad idea to explore, if you're looking to save.


1.5 round trip or each way?
I just like my neighborhood.

Each way. it's more like 1hr20m but still

makes me feel better about my potential commute! Are you definitely going?

Not definitely. More than likely H, if not Y.

may be mistaken, but you said you own down the street, right? I'd sell for Y too! thats exciting.

User avatar
jjcorvino

Silver
Posts: 1453
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby jjcorvino » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:15 pm

Don't send us emails unless it contains scholarship info! That was scary.

User avatar
big_willy_style_333

Bronze
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:36 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby big_willy_style_333 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:18 pm

jjcorvino wrote:Don't send us emails unless it contains scholarship info! That was scary.

+1. I also enjoyed the email from Gonzaga today that included "(draft only)" in the subject line

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3428
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby guynourmin » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:28 pm

jjcorvino wrote:Don't send us emails unless it contains scholarship info! That was scary.


hardly. I saw it and immediately knew it wasn't a scholly email. Pretty sure I'll feel that way when it finally comes too. Feeling pretty dismissive towards everything that comes through my inbox right now.

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby 2000andBeyond » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:29 pm

jjcorvino wrote:Don't send us emails unless it contains scholarship info! That was scary.


lol yes

User avatar
thatlawlkid

Gold
Posts: 2229
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:06 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby thatlawlkid » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:48 pm

jjcorvino wrote:Don't send us emails unless it contains scholarship info! That was scary.

This is my nightmare!

User avatar
twochipmunks

New
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:47 am

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby twochipmunks » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:20 am

Chances of scholly today?

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3428
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby guynourmin » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:36 am

twochipmunks wrote:Chances of scholly today?

If we're guessing, seemingly high? Friday has been the day the last 2 years and 3/31 seems so late.

I think we have no idea though.

At least I have a doctor's appointment when they would come out so I can't check constantly!

User avatar
jjcorvino

Silver
Posts: 1453
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby jjcorvino » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:31 am

guybourdin wrote:
twochipmunks wrote:Chances of scholly today?

If we're guessing, seemingly high? Friday has been the day the last 2 years and 3/31 seems so late.

I think we have no idea though.

At least I have a doctor's appointment when they would come out so I can't check constantly!


PLEASE

User avatar
twochipmunks

New
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:47 am

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby twochipmunks » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:41 am

jjcorvino wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
twochipmunks wrote:Chances of scholly today?

If we're guessing, seemingly high? Friday has been the day the last 2 years and 3/31 seems so late.

I think we have no idea though.

At least I have a doctor's appointment when they would come out so I can't check constantly!


PLEASE


Can anyone confirm that the finaid committee meets every Friday? The pessimist in me is worried it's only every other week, which would virtually gaurantee it'll be the 31st.

RedPurpleBlue

Bronze
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby RedPurpleBlue » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:57 am

twochipmunks wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
twochipmunks wrote:Chances of scholly today?

If we're guessing, seemingly high? Friday has been the day the last 2 years and 3/31 seems so late.

I think we have no idea though.

At least I have a doctor's appointment when they would come out so I can't check constantly!


PLEASE


Can anyone confirm that the finaid committee meets every Friday? The pessimist in me is worried it's only every other week, which would virtually gaurantee it'll be the 31st.


I don't think they are crazy enough to release fin aid info on the 31st. They know that many students have April 1 deposit deadlines that they might be considering.

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3428
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby guynourmin » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:58 am

RedPurpleBlue wrote:
twochipmunks wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
twochipmunks wrote:Chances of scholly today?

If we're guessing, seemingly high? Friday has been the day the last 2 years and 3/31 seems so late.

I think we have no idea though.

At least I have a doctor's appointment when they would come out so I can't check constantly!


PLEASE


Can anyone confirm that the finaid committee meets every Friday? The pessimist in me is worried it's only every other week, which would virtually gaurantee it'll be the 31st.


I don't think they are crazy enough to release fin aid info on the 31st. They know that many students have April 1 deposit deadlines that they might be considering.


3/31 would be really shitty. Esp considering it'd be like 5:30p est 3/31. I don't believe that'll happen.

User avatar
twochipmunks

New
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:47 am

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby twochipmunks » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:59 am

RedPurpleBlue wrote:
twochipmunks wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
twochipmunks wrote:Chances of scholly today?

If we're guessing, seemingly high? Friday has been the day the last 2 years and 3/31 seems so late.

I think we have no idea though.

At least I have a doctor's appointment when they would come out so I can't check constantly!


PLEASE


Can anyone confirm that the finaid committee meets every Friday? The pessimist in me is worried it's only every other week, which would virtually gaurantee it'll be the 31st.


I don't think they are crazy enough to release fin aid info on the 31st. They know that many students have April 1 deposit deadlines that they might be considering.


Thank you, inner optimist voice of reason.

RedPurpleBlue

Bronze
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby RedPurpleBlue » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:12 am

I just did some looking into what times they have released scholarships in the past three years. Here is what I came up with:

C/O 2017 12:34 PM CDT
C/O 2018 1:16 PM CDT
C/O 2019 5:35 PM CDT

It looks like our expectations should remain high from about after noon time to about 5:30 PM Chicago time.

User avatar
big_willy_style_333

Bronze
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:36 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby big_willy_style_333 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:22 am

RedPurpleBlue wrote:I just did some looking into what times they have released scholarships in the past three years. Here is what I came up with:

C/O 2017 12:34 PM CDT
C/O 2018 1:16 PM CDT
C/O 2019 5:35 PM CDT

It looks like our expectations should remain high from about after noon time to about 5:30 PM Chicago time.

cool. do you know the dates?

User avatar
twochipmunks

New
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:47 am

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby twochipmunks » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:36 am

big_willy_style_333 wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:I just did some looking into what times they have released scholarships in the past three years. Here is what I came up with:

C/O 2017 12:34 PM CDT
C/O 2018 1:16 PM CDT
C/O 2019 5:35 PM CDT

It looks like our expectations should remain high from about after noon time to about 5:30 PM Chicago time.

cool. do you know the dates?


C/O 2017 was Thursday, March 20
C/O 2018 was Friday, March 27
C/O 2019 was Friday, March 25

I think odds for today are very high.

User avatar
AFtoLawschool

Bronze
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby AFtoLawschool » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:27 am

.

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby 2000andBeyond » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:13 pm

Is money released in waves? I'm sure this has been touched on somewhere

User avatar
thatlawlkid

Gold
Posts: 2229
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:06 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby thatlawlkid » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:18 pm

Have we touched on trying to seduce the admissions department for increased scholly? (asking for a friend :oops: )

edit: No i haven't gotten any word about $$$, sorry for the false alarm
Last edited by thatlawlkid on Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby 2000andBeyond » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:20 pm

thatlawlkid wrote:Have we touched on trying to seduce the admissions department for increased scholly? (asking for a friend :oops: )


:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
AFtoLawschool

Bronze
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Northwestern Pritzker - Class of 2020

Postby AFtoLawschool » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:34 pm

thatlawlkid wrote:Have we touched on trying to seduce the admissions department for increased scholly? (asking for a friend :oops: )


Wait, have you already gotten your award or are you an ED'er? Nobody has gotten their merit aid yet right?



Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jurysout and 2 guests