Harvard Law School - Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

Where are you gonna live?

On-Campus HLS housing
34%
Off-Campus Harvard University Housing
13%
Central Sq.
No votes
Davis Sq./Somerville
8%
Harvard Sq.
26%
Inman Sq.
3%
Kendall Sq.
No votes
Porter Sq.
8%
Other
8%

Total votes: 62

taxman14

Silver

Re: Harvard Law School - Class of 2020

Post by taxman14 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:51 am

ml0606148 wrote:
pikachoo wrote:Just curious -- is anyone else facing an existential crisis at this moment? (1~2 months before school's supposed to start)
Honestly... getting into HLS has been a huge dream of mine for some time (ever since I was a kid?)
And I worked my butt off to get the GPA and the right LSAT score.

but after getting in, I feel emptier than ever before. It's like.... now what? What am I supposed to do?
I mean... yeah parents are happy and friends congratulate me... and it feels great...
but the excitement fades away pretty quickly and I'm left to wonder... now what?

Study hard to get into the Law Review? Fancy SA position at a fancy firm? Then what? Will it make me happy?

I feel extremely honored and humbled at the opportunity to attend such a fine institution as HLS but...
I feel like I'm at a total loss as to what to do next...
find out what you wanna do, there are some pretty hard dreams to accomplish even as a HLS graduate: getting clerkship in Supreme Court or prestigious federal courts (of course Law Review will help you hard on this), if not, look for the things you are interested in, the ending is always another beginning.

It is what you can do with your HLS JD degree rather than your HLS JD degree itself that matters.

---from a 0L student who did not get into HLS this year and dreaming hard to get in next year through transfer
haha totally feel you on that - try looking around HLS' site to get a sense of what they have to offer and just soak it in - it'll be a great 3 years. You can PM me - I'm going this year and have similar thoughts :)

alpinespring

New

Post by alpinespring » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:33 pm

cannonballer wrote:Finally checking in here, I'll be entering in the fall after a one-year deferral. Looking forward to meeting you all!
Very cool! 8) May I ask how you applied for deferral?

The Admissions FAQ says "Admitted applicants will receive more detailed information about the procedures for applying for a deferral" but um... (stupid me) I've yet to locate this info anywhere...

If anyone else can perhaps share the link to applying for deferral, I'd be very grateful :D

cannonballer

Bronze

Post by cannonballer » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:01 pm

alpinespring wrote:
cannonballer wrote:Finally checking in here, I'll be entering in the fall after a one-year deferral. Looking forward to meeting you all!
Very cool! 8) May I ask how you applied for deferral?

The Admissions FAQ says "Admitted applicants will receive more detailed information about the procedures for applying for a deferral" but um... (stupid me) I've yet to locate this info anywhere...

If anyone else can perhaps share the link to applying for deferral, I'd be very grateful :D
I don't have the link, but as I recall it was an option to select at the time of accepting admission - instead of choosing the option to select and enter in the fall of 2016 (for me), there was an option to say I intend to defer and will submit a deferral application letter. If you already accepted for this fall, and you don't see a link to defer, I'd call admissions to see if you can still apply for one (I seem to recall there being a deadline, but it might be a soft one).

Chuck Rhoades

New

Post by Chuck Rhoades » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:12 pm

x
Last edited by Chuck Rhoades on Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cannonballer

Bronze

Post by cannonballer » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:56 am

Section assignments and schedules are out! Who else is in section 3?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

The_Pluviophile

Bronze

Post by The_Pluviophile » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:41 pm

Section 7! Anyone else?

ChemDawg

New

Re: Harvard Law Shool - Class of 2020

Post by ChemDawg » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:30 pm

mathaddict wrote:
asuddenarborealstop wrote:Checking in. Leaning Harvard, but waiting for a few more decisions.
Second on this. Waiting for Yale and Ruby personally -- that's not to say I'll take either over Harvard, but if I get either, I'll definitely consider it.

What's Ruby?

jtg21

Bronze

Post by jtg21 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:31 pm

Hi all, congrats and welcome to HLS! Selling a crim book (Kadish 10th ed) that has no highlights or writing. PM me for info!

asuddenarborealstop

New

Post by asuddenarborealstop » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:32 pm

The_Pluviophile wrote:Section 7! Anyone else?
Also 7

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

curry1

Silver

Post by curry1 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:01 pm

R. Jeeves

Gold

Post by R. Jeeves » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:58 pm

asuddenarborealstop wrote:
The_Pluviophile wrote:Section 7! Anyone else?
Also 7
sup

jtg21

Bronze

Post by jtg21 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:34 pm

By the way, I have a ton of friends in the section also looking to sell Crim (Kadish 10th Ed). Some have shrink wrapped copies, others with minimal highlighting or writing.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”