Georgetown Law Class of 2020

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)
User avatar
legallyadog

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:21 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2020

Postby legallyadog » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:29 pm

Ayyyyyy I got accepted ED so I'll be around 8)

User avatar
Litt1tUp

Bronze
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:07 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2020

Postby Litt1tUp » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:12 am

Went to the ASD yesterday! It was great! Sat in a Torts Law class (bummed that there were no seats in Con Law). Love the campus and will probably live off campus next year if I attend!

Also, if you didn't get the feeler email, just send them an email presenting your case. I actually spoke with financial aid and admissions in person, not sure how it will play out, but hoping for some good money.

User avatar
Thelaw23

Silver
Posts: 790
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:23 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2020

Postby Thelaw23 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:01 pm

Did anybody get the financial aid information?

I get the merit-aid feeler e-mail and all that, but what about financial aid steps like CSS/FAFSA?

User avatar
govlife

Bronze
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:41 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2020

Postby govlife » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:09 pm

Thelaw23 wrote:Did anybody get the financial aid information?

I get the merit-aid feeler e-mail and all that, but what about financial aid steps like CSS/FAFSA?

I emailed about it, and they said to go ahead and do FAFSA and CSS and their yellow application will be available in late February.

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2020

Postby dietcoke1 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:09 pm

Litt1tUp wrote:Went to the ASD yesterday! It was great! Sat in a Torts Law class (bummed that there were no seats in Con Law). Love the campus and will probably live off campus next year if I attend!

Also, if you didn't get the feeler email, just send them an email presenting your case. I actually spoke with financial aid and admissions in person, not sure how it will play out, but hoping for some good money.


send financial aid the email or just the general admissions office?

User avatar
govlife

Bronze
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:41 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2020

Postby govlife » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:20 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:
Litt1tUp wrote:Went to the ASD yesterday! It was great! Sat in a Torts Law class (bummed that there were no seats in Con Law). Love the campus and will probably live off campus next year if I attend!

Also, if you didn't get the feeler email, just send them an email presenting your case. I actually spoke with financial aid and admissions in person, not sure how it will play out, but hoping for some good money.


send financial aid the email or just the general admissions office?

I sent an email to the hotline number, just asking to be considered for merit aid and a question about need based forms. I got an answer back in a couple days and within an hour got the feeler email.

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2020

Postby dietcoke1 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:25 pm

govlife wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
Litt1tUp wrote:Went to the ASD yesterday! It was great! Sat in a Torts Law class (bummed that there were no seats in Con Law). Love the campus and will probably live off campus next year if I attend!

Also, if you didn't get the feeler email, just send them an email presenting your case. I actually spoke with financial aid and admissions in person, not sure how it will play out, but hoping for some good money.


send financial aid the email or just the general admissions office?

I sent an email to the hotline number, just asking to be considered for merit aid and a question about need based forms. I got an answer back in a couple days and within an hour got the feeler email.


awesome, thanks !

jpark86

New
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:12 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2020

Postby jpark86 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:55 pm

Got in a few weeks ago after my group interview w/ Cornblatt in NY

Still feeling this one out depending on $$$ given.. but the CSS profile is such a biotch! they ask really personal questions...

hegotmoneyyyyy

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:53 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2020

Postby hegotmoneyyyyy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:22 pm

Does anyone know if lunch is provided at the asd?

lawapplicant2020

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:37 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2020

Postby lawapplicant2020 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:00 pm

Does anyone know if any decisions have been given out about Global Law Scholars?/When they'll start sending decisions?

User avatar
legallyadog

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:21 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2020

Postby legallyadog » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:37 pm

Yellow App is live apparently buuut I can't get access. Anyone else having problems?

jprath2

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:53 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2020

Postby jprath2 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:12 pm

legallyadog wrote:Yellow App is live apparently buuut I can't get access. Anyone else having problems?


I keep getting an error, claiming that I don't have access to it but I just e-mailed them about it.

User avatar
Instrumental

Silver
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2020

Postby Instrumental » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:09 pm

Checking in! Georgetown is one of my top choices, so I'll be very happy even if this is the only T14 to which I get accepted.

HowlandReed

New
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:56 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2020

Postby HowlandReed » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:13 pm

Any rumblings about when scholarship info will be released?

User avatar
legallyadog

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:21 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2020

Postby legallyadog » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:47 am

jprath2 wrote:
legallyadog wrote:Yellow App is live apparently buuut I can't get access. Anyone else having problems?


I keep getting an error, claiming that I don't have access to it but I just e-mailed them about it.


Same here with the error, let me know what they tell you!

User avatar
jlc058

Bronze
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:38 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2020

Postby jlc058 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:23 pm

legallyadog wrote:
jprath2 wrote:
legallyadog wrote:Yellow App is live apparently buuut I can't get access. Anyone else having problems?


I keep getting an error, claiming that I don't have access to it but I just e-mailed them about it.


Same here with the error, let me know what they tell you!


+1

jprath2

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:53 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2020

Postby jprath2 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:25 pm

I am now able to access the yellow form.

User avatar
Instrumental

Silver
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2020

Postby Instrumental » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:59 pm

I'm probably overthinking this, but I'm not understanding the Dean's Certification Form.

Is my name/title supposed to go in the "Waiver of Access" box or should it be the name/title of the administration official I intend to give it to? Seems like it would be my name since it's about waiving my access. It's confusing me since it would ultimately say "I have requested that this certification form be completed by <my name>" and also because I'm technically not the one completing it, the administration official is.

What are these provided "recommendations" they claim I have the right to access. And then what are the pros/cons of waiving access to the report?

Am I some half-wit who somehow made it through admissions or are these reasonable questions?

User avatar
legallyadog

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:21 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2020

Postby legallyadog » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:04 pm

Instrumental wrote:I'm probably overthinking this, but I'm not understanding the Dean's Certification Form.

Is my name/title supposed to go in the "Waiver of Access" box or should it be the name/title of the administration official I intend to give it to? Seems like it would be my name since it's about waiving my access. It's confusing me since it would ultimately say "I have requested that this certification form be completed by <my name>" and also because I'm technically not the one completing it, the administration official is.

What are these provided "recommendations" they claim I have the right to access. And then what are the pros/cons of waiving access to the report?

Am I some half-wit who somehow made it through admissions or are these reasonable questions?


For the certification form, I understood it as you are requesting the person who is signing the form to complete the form so yeah put the administrators name there and then you sign it. And I think this falls under the area of recommendation letters that's why you can waive/not waive access. I'm not sure there's any pro/cons to waiving.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4641
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2020

Postby proteinshake » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:16 pm

has anyone tried negotiating?

orangejuice23

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:20 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2020

Postby orangejuice23 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:25 am

Anyone know when the seat deposits are due?

Thanks!

goldenbear2020

Silver
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2020

Postby goldenbear2020 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:45 am

orangejuice23 wrote:Anyone know when the seat deposits are due?

Thanks!

$1,000 on May 1
$1,500 on June 1

chamyleon

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:45 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2020

Postby chamyleon » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:36 pm

In via ASW last night. Does anyone know if/when regional Admitted Student Receptions are happening? I don't think I'll be able to scramble in time for the Open House next week (it's also hella expensive) or the Admitted Students Day in April.

Edit: I'm still waiting for the ASW login to work. Also wondering if this is the Georgetown Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1811136205798612/

goldenbear2020

Silver
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2020

Postby goldenbear2020 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:59 pm

chamyleon wrote:In via ASW last night. Does anyone know if/when regional Admitted Student Receptions are happening? I don't think I'll be able to scramble in time for the Open House next week (it's also hella expensive) or the Admitted Students Day in April.

Edit: I'm still waiting for the ASW login to work. Also wondering if this is the Georgetown Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1811136205798612/


Tuesday, 28 March: Raleigh-Durham, NC; 12:00 p.m.
Thursday, 30 March: Boston, MA; 5:30 p.m.
Thursday, 30 March: Denver, CO; 6:00 p.m.
Thursday, 30 March: Taipei; 7:00 p.m.
Monday, 3 April: Los Angeles, CA
Tuesday, 4 April: San Francisco, CA; 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, 5 April: Seattle, WA; 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, 12 April: Miami, FL
Wednesday, 12 April: Philadelphia, PA; 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, 12 April: Phoenix, AZ
Thursday, 20 April: Washington, D.C.; 5:00 p.m.

The facebook group is correct.

chamyleon

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:45 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2020

Postby chamyleon » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:57 pm

goldenbear2020 wrote:
chamyleon wrote:In via ASW last night. Does anyone know if/when regional Admitted Student Receptions are happening? I don't think I'll be able to scramble in time for the Open House next week (it's also hella expensive) or the Admitted Students Day in April.

Edit: I'm still waiting for the ASW login to work. Also wondering if this is the Georgetown Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1811136205798612/


Tuesday, 28 March: Raleigh-Durham, NC; 12:00 p.m.
Thursday, 30 March: Boston, MA; 5:30 p.m.
Thursday, 30 March: Denver, CO; 6:00 p.m.
Thursday, 30 March: Taipei; 7:00 p.m.
Monday, 3 April: Los Angeles, CA
Tuesday, 4 April: San Francisco, CA; 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, 5 April: Seattle, WA; 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, 12 April: Miami, FL
Wednesday, 12 April: Philadelphia, PA; 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, 12 April: Phoenix, AZ
Thursday, 20 April: Washington, D.C.; 5:00 p.m.

The facebook group is correct.

Thank you!



Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests