Stanford Law School c/o 2020

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

How many $$$ from SLS will make it a final contender for you?

All of the $$$.
8
17%
More than the median grant (~23k)
11
23%
Enh, median grant is fine
8
17%
As long as it's something, even less than median grant, I'm cool wit that
4
8%
$0 I am already committed baby, no matter what. Some money would be nice doe
17
35%
 
Total votes: 48

User avatar
hammy393

Bronze
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Stanford Law School c/o 2020

Postby hammy393 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:52 pm

JGuy wrote:
hammy393 wrote:
JGuy wrote:Has anyone already made their bookings for ASW? Thinking about getting accommodations at a place near a bus stop.


I RSVP'd but I think I remember requesting the student host option


Hmmm, I guess it's not available anymore. I'm looking at the RSVP form and there's no option to request a student host. Did you go through the welcome page link?


Ah looks like it was through the minority preview RSVP

User avatar
ood's_brother

Bronze
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:23 pm

Re: Stanford Law School c/o 2020

Postby ood's_brother » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:46 pm

hammy393 wrote:
JGuy wrote:
hammy393 wrote:
JGuy wrote:Has anyone already made their bookings for ASW? Thinking about getting accommodations at a place near a bus stop.


I RSVP'd but I think I remember requesting the student host option


Hmmm, I guess it's not available anymore. I'm looking at the RSVP form and there's no option to request a student host. Did you go through the welcome page link?


Ah looks like it was through the minority preview RSVP


I minority. Did you get an email or through the asw site?

User avatar
hammy393

Bronze
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Stanford Law School c/o 2020

Postby hammy393 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:49 pm

ood's_brother wrote:
hammy393 wrote:
JGuy wrote:
hammy393 wrote:
JGuy wrote:Has anyone already made their bookings for ASW? Thinking about getting accommodations at a place near a bus stop.


I RSVP'd but I think I remember requesting the student host option


Hmmm, I guess it's not available anymore. I'm looking at the RSVP form and there's no option to request a student host. Did you go through the welcome page link?


Ah looks like it was through the minority preview RSVP


I minority. Did you get an email or through the asw site?


I think on the main ASW form I indicated I'd like to attend minority preview. Then they followed up w/ an email w/ the minority preview form

Here it is: http://web.stanford.edu/dept/law/forms/ ... iew2017.fb

katthegreat11

Bronze
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Stanford Law School c/o 2020

Postby katthegreat11 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:29 pm

Guys, in case you're not checking the SLS Applicants thread, taxman just said he/she called the financial aid office, and was told financial aid info could be coming out this week (aka tomorrow) or early next week!

User avatar
hammy393

Bronze
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Stanford Law School c/o 2020

Postby hammy393 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:53 pm

katthegreat11 wrote:Guys, in case you're not checking the SLS Applicants thread, taxman just said he/she called the financial aid office, and was told financial aid info could be coming out this week (aka tomorrow) or early next week!


So much earlier than I thought. I'm assuming those who submitted their info first will hear back first. Submitted my CSS like 3 weeks ago

lotusreloaded

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:24 pm

Re: Stanford Law School c/o 2020

Postby lotusreloaded » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:30 pm

I got a call from Dean Deal this morning (so excited!) but still haven't received an acceptance email. Is this normal??? I'm starting to wonder whether she called the right student or not... :?

hernandp

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Stanford Law School c/o 2020

Postby hernandp » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:49 pm

lotusreloaded wrote:I got a call from Dean Deal this morning (so excited!) but still haven't received an acceptance email. Is this normal??? I'm starting to wonder whether she called the right student or not... :?


You're fine! I was also called on Friday and did not get an email until Monday.

lotusreloaded

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:24 pm

Re: Stanford Law School c/o 2020

Postby lotusreloaded » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:17 pm

hernandp wrote:
lotusreloaded wrote:I got a call from Dean Deal this morning (so excited!) but still haven't received an acceptance email. Is this normal??? I'm starting to wonder whether she called the right student or not... :?


You're fine! I was also called on Friday and did not get an email until Monday.


Thank you!! This eases my mind!!!

katthegreat11

Bronze
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Stanford Law School c/o 2020

Postby katthegreat11 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:32 am

Admitted Students Weekend Schedule is up! Who's going??

https://law.stanford.edu/i-am-an-admitt ... -logistics

User avatar
ayylmao

Silver
Posts: 532
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:38 pm

Re: Stanford Law School c/o 2020

Postby ayylmao » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:54 pm

katthegreat11 wrote:Admitted Students Weekend Schedule is up! Who's going??

https://law.stanford.edu/i-am-an-admitt ... -logistics

I am! Thanks for posting this.

User avatar
big_willy_style_333

Bronze
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:36 pm

Re: Stanford Law School c/o 2020

Postby big_willy_style_333 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:22 pm

katthegreat11 wrote:Admitted Students Weekend Schedule is up! Who's going??

https://law.stanford.edu/i-am-an-admitt ... -logistics

When I click on this link, I get directed to a page that says, "To view this page, please log in." But there's no where to login on that page, and even after logging in to the admitted students website and navigating to the admitted students weekend page through that, I can't access it. Anyone else having this issue? I tried my SUNet ID login that I created, and I also tried the login info that came with my packet. :(

katthegreat11

Bronze
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Stanford Law School c/o 2020

Postby katthegreat11 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:25 pm

big_willy_style_333 wrote:
katthegreat11 wrote:Admitted Students Weekend Schedule is up! Who's going??

https://law.stanford.edu/i-am-an-admitt ... -logistics

When I click on this link, I get directed to a page that says, "To view this page, please log in." But there's no where to login on that page, and even after logging in to the admitted students website and navigating to the admitted students weekend page through that, I can't access it. Anyone else having this issue? I tried my SUNet ID login that I created, and I also tried the login info that came with my packet. :(


Hm that's weird, I used the login info in my packet and was fine. Side note though, how/when did you create your SUNetID?

User avatar
big_willy_style_333

Bronze
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:36 pm

Re: Stanford Law School c/o 2020

Postby big_willy_style_333 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:02 pm

katthegreat11 wrote:
big_willy_style_333 wrote:
katthegreat11 wrote:Admitted Students Weekend Schedule is up! Who's going??

https://law.stanford.edu/i-am-an-admitt ... -logistics

When I click on this link, I get directed to a page that says, "To view this page, please log in." But there's no where to login on that page, and even after logging in to the admitted students website and navigating to the admitted students weekend page through that, I can't access it. Anyone else having this issue? I tried my SUNet ID login that I created, and I also tried the login info that came with my packet. :(


Hm that's weird, I used the login info in my packet and was fine. Side note though, how/when did you create your SUNetID?

Finally got it to work by specifically logging out of all of the stanford systems and clearing my cache and cookies. ASW is going to be awesome, so many good events!! As for the SUNetID, I created it shortly after being admitted. There are instructions under the "Create Your Stanford Identity" section on the admitted students website.

katthegreat11

Bronze
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Stanford Law School c/o 2020

Postby katthegreat11 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:17 pm

.
Last edited by katthegreat11 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anonperson2017

New
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Stanford Law School c/o 2020

Postby anonperson2017 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:43 pm

A couple questions regarding ASW:

1- Does anyone know how the $29 reimbursement for transport costs from airport to campus works? Would it count if we rent a car from the airport?

2- Anyone coming with someone else (parent, SO, etc.) ? If so, what portions, if any, of the agenda are you thinking of bringing them along for? I'm thinking probably the campus/ housing tour.

katthegreat11

Bronze
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Stanford Law School c/o 2020

Postby katthegreat11 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:34 pm

.
Last edited by katthegreat11 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rex_Racer_Jr

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:14 am

Re: Stanford Law School c/o 2020

Postby Rex_Racer_Jr » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:24 am

Checking in

AnonHumanPerson123

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:33 am

Re: Stanford Law School c/o 2020

Postby AnonHumanPerson123 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:42 pm

Has anyone received their financial aid award yet?

User avatar
hammy393

Bronze
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Stanford Law School c/o 2020

Postby hammy393 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:49 pm

AnonHumanPerson123 wrote:Has anyone received their financial aid award yet?


They're apparently going to start coming out this week. I received an email a few days ago re: a specific piece of financial info they were looking for to complete their assessment
Last edited by hammy393 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katthegreat11

Bronze
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Stanford Law School c/o 2020

Postby katthegreat11 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:14 pm

.
Last edited by katthegreat11 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kaziende

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:10 am

Re: Stanford Law School c/o 2020

Postby Kaziende » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:27 pm

So, just to clarify, staying with a student for ASW is not an option?

User avatar
ood's_brother

Bronze
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:23 pm

Re: Stanford Law School c/o 2020

Postby ood's_brother » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:44 pm

Kaziende wrote:So, just to clarify, staying with a student for ASW is not an option?

I think the affinity groups are hosting.

User avatar
Kaziende

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:10 am

Re: Stanford Law School c/o 2020

Postby Kaziende » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:51 pm

ood's_brother wrote:
Kaziende wrote:So, just to clarify, staying with a student for ASW is not an option?

I think the affinity groups are hosting.

Ah ok. But if non-URM, then we have to book a hotel?

User avatar
ood's_brother

Bronze
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:23 pm

Re: Stanford Law School c/o 2020

Postby ood's_brother » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:48 pm

Kaziende wrote:
ood's_brother wrote:
Kaziende wrote:So, just to clarify, staying with a student for ASW is not an option?

I think the affinity groups are hosting.

Ah ok. But if non-URM, then we have to book a hotel?


Thinking so. I wonder if people are going to go halfsies on rooms in the FB group. I don't imagine using the hotel for anything other than sleep/shower.

User avatar
hammy393

Bronze
Posts: 390
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Stanford Law School c/o 2020

Postby hammy393 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:29 pm

Anyone receive financial aid yet? Hoping by end of the week



Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest