WUSTL Class of 2020

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)
ChambanaMan
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2020

Postby ChambanaMan » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:44 pm

I am going too! Hoping to negotiate my scholarship before deciding for sure, though. Less than a month before the deposit is due :/

KDavis95
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2020

Postby KDavis95 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:47 am

I'm also going. I'm excited. The school looks so freaking beautiful in the pictures :)

User avatar
lawlzschool
Posts: 299
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 8:57 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2020

Postby lawlzschool » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:11 pm

visited recently and absolutely loved the campus--it truly is beautiful.

they seem to be really on top of all admitted students related things, so id imagine asw will be a ton of fun--bummed to miss it

User avatar
waldorf
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2020

Postby waldorf » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:15 pm

Please consider joining the FB group so I can meet you lovely humans :)
Last edited by waldorf on Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
waldorf
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2020

Postby waldorf » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:21 pm

Two weeks until ASW! I can't wait to meet all of you!

User avatar
amta
Posts: 9382
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2020

Postby amta » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:22 pm

bwaldorf wrote:Please consider joining the FB group so I can meet you lovely humans :)


do you know the current 7 members really well?

User avatar
amta
Posts: 9382
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2020

Postby amta » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:22 pm

i emailed fin aid on tuesday and have not heard back.....

User avatar
waldorf
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2020

Postby waldorf » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:24 pm

amta wrote:
bwaldorf wrote:Please consider joining the FB group so I can meet you lovely humans :)


do you know the current 7 members really well?


No..lol. I just like to put names to faces :)

User avatar
bitter_melon
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:19 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2020

Postby bitter_melon » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:25 pm

bwaldorf wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:Anyone planning to attend the Thursday reception during ASW?


Me!


I'll be there, getting into STL in the afternoon.

User avatar
amta
Posts: 9382
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2020

Postby amta » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:29 pm

bwaldorf wrote:
amta wrote:
bwaldorf wrote:Please consider joining the FB group so I can meet you lovely humans :)


do you know the current 7 members really well?


No..lol. I just like to put names to faces :)


find me @ asw

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2020

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:40 pm

bwaldorf wrote:
amta wrote:
bwaldorf wrote:Please consider joining the FB group so I can meet you lovely humans :)


do you know the current 7 members really well?


No..lol. I just like to put names to faces :)


Having just joined the group, does this mean I get to see amta too? Hell of a perk.
Last edited by Gitaroo_Dude on Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
amta
Posts: 9382
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2020

Postby amta » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:42 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
bwaldorf wrote:
amta wrote:
bwaldorf wrote:Please consider joining the FB group so I can meet you lovely humans :)


do you know the current 7 members really well?


No..lol. I just like to put names to faces :)


Having just joined the group, does this mean I get to amta too? Hell of a perk.


joining a group with 8 people is a good way to get outted. what if bwaldorf is an H adcomm???

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2020

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:44 pm

amta wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
bwaldorf wrote:
amta wrote:
bwaldorf wrote:Please consider joining the FB group so I can meet you lovely humans :)


do you know the current 7 members really well?


No..lol. I just like to put names to faces :)


Having just joined the group, does this mean I get to amta too? Hell of a perk.


joining a group with 8 people is a good way to get outted. what if bwaldorf is an H adcomm???


I haven't waded into H's decision to allow the GRE yet, so I'm good.

User avatar
waldorf
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2020

Postby waldorf » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:47 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
amta wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
bwaldorf wrote:
amta wrote:
bwaldorf wrote:Please consider joining the FB group so I can meet you lovely humans :)


do you know the current 7 members really well?


No..lol. I just like to put names to faces :)


Having just joined the group, does this mean I get to amta too? Hell of a perk.


joining a group with 8 people is a good way to get outted. what if bwaldorf is an H adcomm???


I haven't waded into H's decision to allow the GRE yet, so I'm good.


I promise I'm not.

Join and guess which one is me.

User avatar
amta
Posts: 9382
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2020

Postby amta » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:50 pm

bwaldorf wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:I haven't waded into H's decision to allow the GRE yet, so I'm good.


I promise I'm not.

Join and guess which one is me.


bwaldorf, are you the OP of the group.

gitaroo, we're gonna be at back to back ASWs so i'll let you guess who i am.

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2020

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:51 pm

amta wrote:
bwaldorf wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:I haven't waded into H's decision to allow the GRE yet, so I'm good.


I promise I'm not.

Join and guess which one is me.


bwaldorf, are you the OP of the group.

gitaroo, we're gonna be at back to back ASWs so i'll let you guess who i am.


I always assumed you'd be the guy in the Rudy outfit at NDLS' weekend.

User avatar
amta
Posts: 9382
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2020

Postby amta » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:52 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:I always assumed you'd be the guy in the Rudy outfit at NDLS' weekend.


blee dat. i already started photoshopping my head onto rudy's in the pic where he's being carried off the field. its gonna be my profile pic as soon as i put down my seat deposit.

User avatar
guynourmin
Posts: 3426
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2020

Postby guynourmin » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:19 pm

amta wrote:i emailed fin aid on tuesday and have not heard back.....


Takes some schools a while. I just had one school get back to me after 12 days. No rush.

marrismarris
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:27 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2020

Postby marrismarris » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:19 am

What hotel are most ppl staying at for ASW? And I emailed about a travel stipend since I haven't heard anything about how to get one. Do they give travel stipends to Chicago people?

KDavis95
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2020

Postby KDavis95 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:10 am

I requested to join but was rejected I think lol I just did it again :)

48976
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:41 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2020

Postby 48976 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:48 pm

Does anyone know how far in advance we need to start looking for an apartment in St Louis / near campus? In Chicago, you sign a lease about ~1 to 2 months before you move in, but I expect it to be a little different here

jza1994
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:09 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2020

Postby jza1994 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:45 pm

I totally forgot to check in here. I'm not 100% sure, yet, but WUSTL is definitely an option I'm considering. I want to get a feel for it before committing anywhere, though. I should see you all at ASW next weekend!

User avatar
bitter_melon
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:19 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2020

Postby bitter_melon » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:26 am

marrismarris wrote:What hotel are most ppl staying at for ASW? And I emailed about a travel stipend since I haven't heard anything about how to get one. Do they give travel stipends to Chicago people?

I'll be at the Moonrise Hotel.

JustWannaGraduate
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:05 am

Re: WUSTL Class of 2020

Postby JustWannaGraduate » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:30 am

Anyone know if Wash U would grant a seat deposit extension? It's a top choice but I anticipate waiting on scholarship offers from a few more schools into early April. Wash U's date is early and I'd love if they were the same as most other schools (April 15)

User avatar
guynourmin
Posts: 3426
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: WUSTL Class of 2020

Postby guynourmin » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:10 pm

JustWannaGraduate wrote:Anyone know if Wash U would grant a seat deposit extension? It's a top choice but I anticipate waiting on scholarship offers from a few more schools into early April. Wash U's date is early and I'd love if they were the same as most other schools (April 15)


ask asap imo. They know their deposit deadline is earlier than any school they are competing with. idk why its so early, but they know.


Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest