HA1L THE CLASS OF 2020 [[Michigan]] Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

We're headed to Hogwarts, so what's your house?

Gryffindor
13%
Hufflepuff
21%
Ravenclaw
27%
Slytherin
21%
Regardless of what the quiz says, I'm a muggle, tbh.
19%

Total votes: 48

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Re: HA1L THE CLASS OF 2020 [[Michigan]]

Post by Anon.y.mousse. » Mon May 01, 2017 12:11 pm

downthespiral wrote:Does anyone know what the sizes of the sections are? (also, I committed! I'm so excited to meet all of you)
YAY WELCOME!! This is what I can find about section size on the website:
Each entering class is divided into four equally sized sections, one of which begins in the summer. All first-year students have one core class divided into small sections of about 45 students; that small section is divided in half again for Legal Practice (the required legal writing and advocacy course), making that class about 22 students.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Mon May 01, 2017 8:51 pm

Sarastro wrote:
UghNonAmus wrote:
hamilton&burr wrote:
chandhi wrote:
UghNonAmus wrote:
malysh wrote:I'm sad because it's been 2 weeks and still no nifty t-shirt for me :(
I have also not received a shirt and am starting to feel 1Left out.
Plz send this exact message to the admissions office
I feel like that's the sort of thing Dean Z would appreciate
a 3rd endorsement and I will literally do this
sup
I, too, endorse this lol

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Mon May 01, 2017 8:52 pm

downthespiral wrote:Does anyone know what the sizes of the sections are? (also, I committed! I'm so excited to meet all of you)
Just adding to what was quoted above.

Super sections are like 90 students (super sections = four sections combined), then there's classes with two sections, and then a class or two with just your section.

mina_ami

New

Post by mina_ami » Thu May 04, 2017 1:00 pm

Attention Summer Starters!

Reminder (last time, I swear): If you are looking for summer housing still, the current students have a google doc of summer sublets!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Thu May 04, 2017 9:25 pm

He1lo fe1low Wolverines!

A few friendly reminders now that the first seat deposit deadline has passed/summer starters are less than a MONTH away from STARTING classes :shock:

Summer starters: If you have not done the Grad PLUS loan application (and will need it to cover the remainder of your CoA) try to do so ASAP! It is recommended that you do it AT LEAST a couple weeks before you need it to kick in. There are a few additional forms you need to fill out as well before your loans will be disbursed!: the Statement of Understanding through the Michigan website, the others are through the government loan website. On this site you need to complete the Entrance counseling, as well as one Master Promissory Note for EACH of the federal loans you take out (so if you take out both Direct and Grad PLUS, you have to do one for each - aka a total of two!). There are also some other things (more administrative, such as setting up your direct deposit for your "refund" check). A list of everything necessary to ensure your loans will be ready to be disbursed on time and such can be found here. Fall starters: All of the above will also be required of you; however, you do not have to/(cannot??) submit your PLUS loan application until later in the summer. If anyone has any questions about any of these forms, feel free to PM me. I have already done everything on the list! If you got an email today about your fin aid forms being incomplete, one of the above forms is most likely what you're missing!

Join the FB group(s):
Admitted Students group
Summer Starter group (@umich email required(
Michigan Law Roommate Connection group

Join the MLaw TLSersGroupMe:
A small group of us (around a dozen) have been getting to know each other through a GroupMe I set up. If you're interested in joining, feel free to PM me your phone number and the name you would like to join the group as. We talk about a VERY WIDE variety of things from politics to the justice system to alcohol to tv shows to sports to documentaries I'm watching to our Myers-Briggs personalities so it's most definitely more of a social group than an informative one and we're all very nice! ~ No drama so far *fingers crossed* ~ ALL are welcome regardless of when you're planning on starting at Michigan (aka no summer/fall division lol).

GO BLUE!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TrynaLaw

New

Post by TrynaLaw » Sun May 14, 2017 4:24 pm

Does anyone know anything more about getting football tickets? I am planning on getting them, preferably with other law students, but I don't know the process and I'm terrified of missing out on tickets or being surrounded by the hordes of incoming undergrad freshmen.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Sun May 14, 2017 5:58 pm

TrynaLaw wrote:Does anyone know anything more about getting football tickets? I am planning on getting them, preferably with other law students, but I don't know the process and I'm terrified of missing out on tickets or being surrounded by the hordes of incoming undergrad freshmen.
http://www.mgoblue.com/tickets/students-fbl.html

nyu2019maybeplease

Bronze

Post by nyu2019maybeplease » Sun May 14, 2017 8:07 pm

Somewhere in the reams of stuff they've sent you should be a group seating code to use when you buy. If it isn't there ask admissions.
TrynaLaw wrote:Does anyone know anything more about getting football tickets? I am planning on getting them, preferably with other law students, but I don't know the process and I'm terrified of missing out on tickets or being surrounded by the hordes of incoming undergrad freshmen.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Sun May 14, 2017 9:50 pm

nyu2019maybeplease wrote:Somewhere in the reams of stuff they've sent you should be a group seating code to use when you buy. If it isn't there ask admissions.
We can't buy tickets yet though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nyu2019maybeplease

Bronze

Post by nyu2019maybeplease » Mon May 15, 2017 1:44 pm

Then it will probably come in an email closer to the release date.
brinicolec wrote:
nyu2019maybeplease wrote:Somewhere in the reams of stuff they've sent you should be a group seating code to use when you buy. If it isn't there ask admissions.
We can't buy tickets yet though.

staypuff

New

Post by staypuff » Wed May 24, 2017 8:51 pm

Hi all, is anyone looking for summer housing in Ann Arbor? I signed a lease and got last minute scholarship information from Berkeley and so will not be attending Michigan after all. The contract is for a single room in a coop for $400/month literally 2 blocks from the law school through late August. Perfect for starting a September lease! Message me asap if you're interested!

sanschi88

New

Post by sanschi88 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:15 pm

@summer starters- how is it so far?! So excited to meet everyone in the fall!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:27 am

sanschi88 wrote:@summer starters- how is it so far?! So excited to meet everyone in the fall!
Like 30 of us went to HopCat tonight to watch Game 1 of the NBA Finals so, it's pretty good I suppose lol. The first class seems like it went well for everyone too.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:52 am

Hey everyone!! Just got in off the waitlist :D excited to meet you all

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:53 am

haley12 wrote:Hey everyone!! Just got in off the waitlist :D excited to meet you all
YAAAASSSSSSS congratulations! Join our groupme! I'M SO EXCITED! Legitimately smiling so hard rn. Welcome to the family <3

ldlestrange

Bronze

Post by ldlestrange » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:04 pm

chandhi wrote:
haley12 wrote:Hey everyone!! Just got in off the waitlist :D excited to meet you all
YAAAASSSSSSS congratulations! Join our groupme! I'M SO EXCITED! Legitimately smiling so hard rn. Welcome to the family <3
Welcome, Haley!!! (: Glad to have ya on board

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:15 pm

Congrats!

If you'd like to join the GroupMe, just let me know. You can PM me your # and I'll add you!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Post by Anon.y.mousse. » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:13 pm

congrats!!!!

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:02 pm

chandhi wrote:
Thank you everyone!! I'm so psyched :D already feeling the love!! is there an accepted students facebook group?

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:08 pm

haley12 wrote:
chandhi wrote:
Thank you everyone!! I'm so psyched :D already feeling the love!! is there an accepted students facebook group?
yes, just added you!

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:15 pm

chandhi wrote:
haley12 wrote:
chandhi wrote:
yes, just added you!
thank you!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

yuppitsme

New

Post by yuppitsme » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:14 pm

I feel like I should be able to find this but Im struggling; does anyone know where I can find the 2017-2018 breakdown for COL?

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:33 am

Got notification that I was selected for the Michigan Access Program this morning! I think pretty much everyone who applies gets in? Still quite excited.

yuppitsme

New

Post by yuppitsme » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:47 am

chandhi wrote:Got notification that I was selected for the Michigan Access Program this morning! I think pretty much everyone who applies gets in? Still quite excited.
How did they notify you? I'm hoping but haven't heard!

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:49 am

yuppitsme wrote:
chandhi wrote:Got notification that I was selected for the Michigan Access Program this morning! I think pretty much everyone who applies gets in? Still quite excited.
How did they notify you? I'm hoping but haven't heard!
Email from Darren Nealy about 20 minutes ago. I know they've been doing rounds of notifications, though, so you might just be in the next round. Hope to see you there too! :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”