Cornell Class of 2020: section poll added, gtfih Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

What section are you?

A
21%
B
9%
C
27%
D
15%
E
18%
F
9%

Total votes: 33

freekick

Bronze

Re: Cornell Class of 2020: section poll added, gtfih

Post by freekick » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:26 pm

Hello, section A.

capnobvious123

New

Post by capnobvious123 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:27 pm

freekick wrote:Hello, section A.
A team rules

Wasn't someone suggesting we make message threads/groups for sections a while back? We should start getting on that now.

freekick

Bronze

Post by freekick » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:30 pm

capnobvious123 wrote:
A team rules

Wasn't someone suggesting we make message threads/groups for sections a while back? We should start getting on that now.
+1

(The Cornell Law app also has a group feature.)

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:50 pm

...there's an app?

freekick

Bronze

Post by freekick » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:53 pm

Lavitz wrote:...there's an app?
A pretty well made at that. Play Store has it. Do check it out.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cantexplaingottago

Bronze

Post by cantexplaingottago » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:55 pm

I think they rolled it out for orientation for the first time last year. It was nominally helpful, and no one used it after orientation. No idea if it's any better now.

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:05 pm

freekick wrote:
A pretty well made at that. Play Store has it. Do check it out.
I did, but it doesn't seem like it's any use for alumni, so I decided to delete it rather than keep granting permissions and accidentally end up back on the events listserv.

Back in my day, we just had section facebook groups.

capnobvious123

New

Post by capnobvious123 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:07 pm

cantexplaingottago wrote:
I think they rolled it out for orientation for the first time last year. It was nominally helpful, and no one used it after orientation. No idea if it's any better now.
It seems to have group features (as mentioned), messaging, a calendar, pdf access to the handbook, a map with markers & GPS features, a law school directory, some links to various help pages, and a few other things.

Not really sure how useful it'll be long term either, but a cool idea.

eshnunna

New

Re: Cornell Class of 2020: poll added, gtfih

Post by eshnunna » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:11 pm

capnobvious123 wrote:Is anyone registering for the optional mock class? I assume it's probably helpful and was planning on it, but wasn't sure if people found taking on the extra work to be unnecessary in the past.
is this aop or the mock class during orientation?

I went to both (the mock class during orientation wasn't optional) and can answer questions if y'all are curious.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

freekick

Bronze

Post by freekick » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:13 pm

capnobvious123 wrote:
A team rules

So where do we start our section thread/group? May mention that A is doing Crim with B, Contracts with D and CivPro with F.

freekick

Bronze

Post by freekick » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:15 pm

eshnunna wrote:
capnobvious123 wrote:Is anyone registering for the optional mock class? I assume it's probably helpful and was planning on it, but wasn't sure if people found taking on the extra work to be unnecessary in the past.

I went to both (the mock class during orientation wasn't optional) and can answer questions if y'all are curious.
The orientation mock class. (Someone told me it is already filled up.)

Any reading for it, like a case(s)?

eshnunna

New

Post by eshnunna » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:19 pm

freekick wrote:
eshnunna wrote:

The orientation mock class. (Someone told me it is already filled up.)

Any reading for it, like a case(s)?
There was one case for the orientation mock class, but it was maybe a page and a half? It's a torts case on battery, and if chenay weyble is teaching it, she's very gentle. She also reached out to individual people to ask if she could call on them and gave them a list of questions she would potentially ask (though tbh I agreed to answer qs and then she asked one that wasn't on the list....)

AOP is more likely to throw you in the deep end ngl (last year it was johnson, bhs, and whelan).

capnobvious123

New

Post by capnobvious123 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:38 pm

freekick wrote:
capnobvious123 wrote:
A team rules

So where do we start our section thread/group? May mention that A is doing Crim with B, Contracts with D and CivPro with F.
We could start with FB, making a post in the class of 2020 page maybe? That way we can find each other?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

freekick

Bronze

Post by freekick » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:58 pm

capnobvious123 wrote:
freekick wrote:
capnobvious123 wrote:
A team rules

We could start with FB, making a post in the class of 2020 page maybe? That way we can find each other?
Sure. It's only 3 of us in section A ITT but if you are part of the class of 2020 fb page, you could post there re: creation of a group for section A and those interested could then converge there.

stuffs

New

Post by stuffs » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:56 am

freekick wrote:
capnobvious123 wrote:
freekick wrote:
capnobvious123 wrote:
A team rules

Sure. It's only 3 of us in section A ITT but if you are part of the class of 2020 fb page, you could post there re: creation of a group for section A and those interested could then converge there.
Make that 4 for section A.

freekick

Bronze

Post by freekick » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:44 pm

stuffs wrote:
freekick wrote:
capnobvious123 wrote:
freekick wrote:
capnobvious123 wrote:
A team rules

Make that 4 for section A.
Great. Please join the fb group if you haven't already. :)

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:08 pm

Last edited by chargers21 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cantexplaingottago

Bronze

Post by cantexplaingottago » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:20 pm

chargers21 wrote:I look forward to meeting all of you wonderful people at orientation tomorrow! :mrgreen:
Have fun and dress smart! They take pictures for the student directory first thing.

AaronCarter

Bronze

Re: Cornell Class of 2020

Post by AaronCarter » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:07 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:
Tycho wrote:
bobblue25 wrote:
Tycho wrote:Current 1L here and I'm very happy with my choice. I'll try to help with questions/concerns you folks might have.
Hi! I'd love to know what your schedule and the workload is like. I took a break from studying and had a job after college so now I'm nervous about getting back to studying :roll:
PM'd you the long version. The upshot is to treat it like a job, manage your time well, stay on top of things and law school can actually be pretty enjoyable!
do you mind PM'ing me the long version as well?

I don't believe the user is still super active. Do you mind sending me the long version, Dietcoke?

dietcoke1

Silver

Re: Cornell Class of 2020

Post by dietcoke1 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:21 pm

AaronCarter wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
Tycho wrote:
bobblue25 wrote:
Tycho wrote:Current 1L here and I'm very happy with my choice. I'll try to help with questions/concerns you folks might have.
Hi! I'd love to know what your schedule and the workload is like. I took a break from studying and had a job after college so now I'm nervous about getting back to studying :roll:
PM'd you the long version. The upshot is to treat it like a job, manage your time well, stay on top of things and law school can actually be pretty enjoyable!
do you mind PM'ing me the long version as well?

I don't believe the user is still super active. Do you mind sending me the long version, Dietcoke?
PM'ed

ChechenWildebeest

New

Post by ChechenWildebeest » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:47 am

Gossipy 2L here -

I hear that there is a certain person/small group of people who is/are causing a lot of internal strife in the 1L class with extremist views to the point where section meetings are being held with the administration in order to discuss - can anyone give an anonymous synopsis (ie. no need to name names) of what the drama is?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

runinthefront

Gold

Post by runinthefront » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:50 am

ChechenWildebeest wrote:Gossipy 2L here -

I hear that there is a certain person/small group of people who is/are causing a lot of internal strife in the 1L class with extremist views to the point where section meetings are being held with the administration in order to discuss - can anyone give an anonymous synopsis (ie. no need to name names) of what the drama is?
Don’t do this.
Last edited by runinthefront on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:58 am

:roll:

Don't land us on ATL again, kids.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:41 am

ChechenWildebeest wrote:Gossipy 2L here -

Yeah, coming late to the party, but this isn’t what these threads are for. Don’t do this. Pursuing this further will lead to bans.

Rubbishdump

Bronze

Post by Rubbishdump » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:49 pm

Last edited by Rubbishdump on Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”