Duke Law Class of 2020

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

what section are you in?

1
1
33%
2
0
No votes
3
0
No votes
4
0
No votes
5
2
67%
6
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 3

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:33 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:Lol has anyone started reading these cases for the mock class?

no haha, doesn't look like it'd take long tho!


I read them Saturday because I won't have time this week. They're actually pretty interesting, the conclusion in soper was weird imo

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Postby proteinshake » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:34 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:Lol has anyone started reading these cases for the mock class?

no haha, doesn't look like it'd take long tho!


I read them Saturday because I won't have time this week. They're actually pretty interesting, the conclusion in soper was weird imo

ok u gunner

User avatar
Stephylynette

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:04 am

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Postby Stephylynette » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:02 am

proteinshake wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:Lol has anyone started reading these cases for the mock class?

no haha, doesn't look like it'd take long tho!


I read them Saturday because I won't have time this week. They're actually pretty interesting, the conclusion in soper was weird imo

ok u gunner

Hahaha I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't read them yet. Probably gonna find time on the drive up from GA on Wednesday though

User avatar
dasq5511

Bronze
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 3:52 am

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Postby dasq5511 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:42 am

Stephylynette wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:Lol has anyone started reading these cases for the mock class?

no haha, doesn't look like it'd take long tho!


I read them Saturday because I won't have time this week. They're actually pretty interesting, the conclusion in soper was weird imo

ok u gunner

Hahaha I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't read them yet. Probably gonna find time on the drive up from GA on Wednesday though


I don't think I'm going to read them at all. I might just skip the mock classes because I've sat in on LS classes before and I don't think there's really much to gain from doing it again. I feel like teaching is going to be pretty similar at most T13s

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:17 am

proteinshake wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:Lol has anyone started reading these cases for the mock class?

no haha, doesn't look like it'd take long tho!


I read them Saturday because I won't have time this week. They're actually pretty interesting, the conclusion in soper was weird imo

ok u gunner


Get ready, I'mma bring my hypo game :wink:

joeytribbiani

Bronze
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:32 am

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Postby joeytribbiani » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:59 am

I know they say to dress casual for ASD, and I plan to, but did anyone else see where it said you may want to change into business casual for the faculty reception but it isn't required? That just seems like a pain to have to change.. are other people going to just stick with their casual clothes from the day?

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Postby proteinshake » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:03 pm

joeytribbiani wrote:I know they say to dress casual for ASD, and I plan to, but did anyone else see where it said you may want to change into business casual for the faculty reception but it isn't required? That just seems like a pain to have to change.. are other people going to just stick with their casual clothes from the day?

I'm just going to dress "upper" casual for ASD so I don't have to change for the reception (if I even go to it).

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Postby chargers21 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:38 pm

proteinshake wrote:
joeytribbiani wrote:I know they say to dress casual for ASD, and I plan to, but did anyone else see where it said you may want to change into business casual for the faculty reception but it isn't required? That just seems like a pain to have to change.. are other people going to just stick with their casual clothes from the day?

I'm just going to dress "upper" casual for ASD so I don't have to change for the reception (if I even go to it).

I'm wearing a casual button up shirt and jeans/khakis. Basically my usual, every day leaving the house attire

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Postby proteinshake » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:45 pm

I guess there's no reason to plan a TLS meetup if there's a Bar Review event tomorrow.

User avatar
Stephylynette

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:04 am

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Postby Stephylynette » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:32 pm

proteinshake wrote:I guess there's no reason to plan a TLS meetup if there's a Bar Review event tomorrow.

Yeah, I'll probably just be going to that!

joeytribbiani

Bronze
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:32 am

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Postby joeytribbiani » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:39 pm

chargers21 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
joeytribbiani wrote:I know they say to dress casual for ASD, and I plan to, but did anyone else see where it said you may want to change into business casual for the faculty reception but it isn't required? That just seems like a pain to have to change.. are other people going to just stick with their casual clothes from the day?

I'm just going to dress "upper" casual for ASD so I don't have to change for the reception (if I even go to it).

I'm wearing a casual button up shirt and jeans/khakis. Basically my usual, every day leaving the house attire


should clarify from the username that I'm a girl, so any girls with suggestions on what they plan to wear are greatly appreciated

thatblondegirl

Bronze
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:47 am

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Postby thatblondegirl » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:46 pm

joeytribbiani wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
joeytribbiani wrote:I know they say to dress casual for ASD, and I plan to, but did anyone else see where it said you may want to change into business casual for the faculty reception but it isn't required? That just seems like a pain to have to change.. are other people going to just stick with their casual clothes from the day?

I'm just going to dress "upper" casual for ASD so I don't have to change for the reception (if I even go to it).

I'm wearing a casual button up shirt and jeans/khakis. Basically my usual, every day leaving the house attire


should clarify from the username that I'm a girl, so any girls with suggestions on what they plan to wear are greatly appreciated


I'm not going because I can't get off of work, but I would suggest planning an outfit that works with a nice cardigan. Either a sundress w/ cardigan or dark jeans (preferably black) with a nice blouse and cardigan. I've found that a good cardigan can dress up almost any outfit with minimal effort.

texcellence

Bronze
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:05 pm

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Postby texcellence » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:08 pm

.
Last edited by texcellence on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:39 pm

Looking further forward, anybody want to go see a Durham Bull's game in late August?

Im so amped to be near minor league baseball

User avatar
SilverSurfer2020

Bronze
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:50 pm

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Postby SilverSurfer2020 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:35 pm

Also going with button down and jeans on Friday. TLS meetup?

Rh1no

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:34 am

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Postby Rh1no » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:58 pm

Current 1L. This site was really helpful to me when I was applying so want to pay it forward. If anyone has any questions about duke law or durham feel free to PM me. I know all the tricks.
Also - if you're planning on going to bar review tmrw night don't expect to meet any 1Ls there, we have our appellate brief due Monday. And please whoever said they were going to wear a suit to ASW don't do that.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Postby proteinshake » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:57 pm

SilverSurfer2020 wrote:Also going with button down and jeans on Friday. TLS meetup?

I decided to get rid of the TLS meetup poll since there's an 0L Bar Review event tomorrow night.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Postby proteinshake » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:58 pm

do yall think it's a big deal to leave early on Friday and miss the Faculty Reception? I'm tryna get some March Madness action on Franklin Street Friday night 8)

joeytribbiani

Bronze
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:32 am

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Postby joeytribbiani » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:41 am

proteinshake wrote:do yall think it's a big deal to leave early on Friday and miss the Faculty Reception? I'm tryna get some March Madness action on Franklin Street Friday night 8)


^Also wondering, only hesitation is that they say to get the travel stipend you have to attend the full day and I don't want to screw myself out of 300 bucks for skipping some finger foods and small talk lol

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:45 am

Is no one doing the bar event Friday?
I'm not gonna make it to the one today and was planning on going tomorrow night

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Postby chargers21 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:51 am

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Is no one doing the bar event Friday?
I'm not gonna make it to the one today and was planning on going tomorrow night

I'm an alcoholic so I'll probably be at all bar events

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Postby proteinshake » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:55 am

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Is no one doing the bar event Friday?
I'm not gonna make it to the one today and was planning on going tomorrow night

I will be hanging out with cousins tomorrow night and Friday night so I won't be at either :(

User avatar
SilverSurfer2020

Bronze
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:50 pm

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Postby SilverSurfer2020 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:03 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Is no one doing the bar event Friday?
I'm not gonna make it to the one today and was planning on going tomorrow night

I will be hanging out with cousins tomorrow night and Friday night so I won't be at either :(


Yeah I have plans for Friday night as well, definitely staying for faculty reception though!

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:53 pm

.
Last edited by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash on Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4645
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Postby proteinshake » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:37 am

see y'all in a bit 8)



Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests