Duke Law Class of 2020 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

what section are you in?

50%
No votes
No votes
No votes
50%
No votes

Total votes: 4

chargers21

Gold

Re: Duke Law Class of 2020

Post by chargers21 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:05 pm

thatblondegirl wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
chargers21 wrote:the waiver deadline is sept. 15th.

in other news, how much work was the immunization thing? And is the deadline hard? I haven't done it yet and will be out of town for the week
Pretty sure it isn't a hard deadline. Just print he form out and drop it off at your doctor's office so it's ready when you get back.
That sounds like a lot of work. I haven't been to the doctor since before college :shock:
you just drop it off and they fill it out, no work on your part
LOL. Getting my vaccination stuff has been a pain in the ass. It's been one hell of an ongoing saga that began with hunting down my records from a retired physician in a different state.

Chargers, you should be fine. My experience is the exception to the norm.
My doctor has also retired since I last went :shock:

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:43 pm

chargers21 wrote:
thatblondegirl wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

in other news, how much work was the immunization thing? And is the deadline hard? I haven't done it yet and will be out of town for the week
Pretty sure it isn't a hard deadline. Just print he form out and drop it off at your doctor's office so it's ready when you get back.
That sounds like a lot of work. I haven't been to the doctor since before college :shock:
LOL. Getting my vaccination stuff has been a pain in the ass. It's been one hell of an ongoing saga that began with hunting down my records from a retired physician in a different state.

I guess it's easy for me since I go to the doctor every year for a physical :lol:

rizzlebizness

Bronze

Post by rizzlebizness » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:21 pm

proteinshake wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
thatblondegirl wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

I guess it's easy for me since I go to the doctor every year for a physical :lol:
I recently discovered that I had never received a meningitis shot (my entire immunization history is on some flimsy piece of yellow paper). I had to go get one at a CVS minute clinic and fax the form to my PCP. Now I need to call and see if they faxed it to Duke.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:46 pm

I missed the deadline but.... I have things in the works as some of you know

thatblondegirl

Bronze

Post by thatblondegirl » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:40 pm

rizzlebizness wrote:
I recently discovered that I had never received a meningitis shot (my entire immunization history is on some flimsy piece of yellow paper). I had to go get one at a CVS minute clinic and fax the form to my PCP. Now I need to call and see if they faxed it to Duke.
Same here, except it took several weeks for me to find a pharmacy that had the meningitis shot stocked. I'm going to reach out to Duke and request a small extension for my doctor to get the paperwork to them since I was finally able to get the shot last night.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:38 pm

thatblondegirl wrote:
rizzlebizness wrote:
Same here, except it took several weeks for me to find a pharmacy that had the meningitis shot stocked. I'm going to reach out to Duke and request a small extension for my doctor to get the paperwork to them since I was finally able to get the shot last night.
I'm pretty sure you just "have" to have the form in by he 15th. I'm pretty sure it just says you have to get immunized before school starts.
Last edited by proteinshake on Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pln2017

New

Post by pln2017 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:50 pm

thatblondegirl wrote:
rizzlebizness wrote:
I was confused by the wording about first-year college students on the form, and I took the immunization compliance presentation here to mean that the meningitis vaccine/booster is not required for graduate students (the slide is at about 1:48).

https://studentaffairs.duke.edu/student ... compliance

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:14 pm

wow I just realized I have to get tested for TB cause I volunteered at a hospital back in 10th grade.....ugh. :roll:

edit: nvm, called Duke Health and they told me not to worry about it

thatblondegirl

Bronze

Post by thatblondegirl » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:17 pm

pln2017 wrote:
thatblondegirl wrote:
rizzlebizness wrote:
I was confused by the wording about first-year college students on the form, and I took the immunization compliance presentation here to mean that the meningitis vaccine/booster is not required for graduate students (the slide is at about 1:48).

https://studentaffairs.duke.edu/student ... compliance
The requirements are definitely not very clear. I know the video doesn't show it as required, but its mixed into the middle of the requirements on the vaccination form. Also, my doctor refused to consider the form complete until I got the shot, so I went ahead and covered all of my bases by getting the damn thing.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:14 pm

proteinshake wrote:wow I just realized I have to get tested for TB cause I volunteered at a hospital back in 10th grade.....ugh. :roll:

Should have called them :( instead I spent 60$ to confirm I definitely didn't get TB during the 1 summer I spent working in a nursing home before UG

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:15 pm

Also I have to get a tetanus booster so Duke is getting and amended form from minute clinic with just that shot on it and they can figure out how to combine the two forms to get compliance.

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:56 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
proteinshake wrote:wow I just realized I have to get tested for TB cause I volunteered at a hospital back in 10th grade.....ugh. :roll:

Should have called them :( instead I spent 60$ to confirm I definitely didn't get TB during the 1 summer I spent working in a nursing home before UG
:(

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:38 pm

so the due date for accepting loans is basically August 1st (when our bill is due)? I haven't accepted any loans yet cause I'm not sure how much I'll be taking out atm.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:43 pm

rizzlebizness

Bronze

Post by rizzlebizness » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:15 pm

Student health insurance waiver is finally up! Putting in my info to get waived was really quick. Finally an easy win :lol:

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:03 pm

Please check into the destinations thread if you haven't yet. thanks!

scoot456

New

Post by scoot456 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:54 pm

Hey peeps! Anyone else looking for housing still. If so, PM.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JustWannaGraduate

New

Post by JustWannaGraduate » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:52 am

This thread used to be lit!!! Not really anymore -_-.

Who all wishes they sent out LEAD Week stuff and class schedules earlier?

thatblondegirl

Bronze

Post by thatblondegirl » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:17 pm

JustWannaGraduate wrote: Who all wishes they sent out LEAD Week stuff and class schedules earlier?
I'm planning on checking out of law school stuff until I'm actually in Durham so the delay doesn't really irk me. As soon as I've purchased my parking pass I will be [mostly] ignoring my emails until early August.

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:11 pm

JustWannaGraduate wrote:This thread used to be lit!!! Not really anymore -_-.

:lol: join the TLS fb group it's lit in there

but yeah I wanna see my schedule so I can get an idea of what my daily routine is gonna look like

joeytribbiani

Bronze

Post by joeytribbiani » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:21 pm

proteinshake wrote:

but yeah I wanna see my schedule so I can get an idea of what my daily routine is gonna look like
Is this a different fb group than the generic Duke Law one?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:27 pm

joeytribbiani wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

yes, it's a bunch of TLSers all from the c/o 2020. there's like 70 of us in there.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:42 pm

thatblondegirl wrote:
JustWannaGraduate wrote: Who all wishes they sent out LEAD Week stuff and class schedules earlier?
I'm planning on checking out of law school stuff until I'm actually in Durham so the delay doesn't really irk me. As soon as I've purchased my parking pass I will be [mostly] ignoring my emails until early August.
I wish I had that strength. I know I'll be so busy moving, but I'll still be checking law school stuff incessantly

JustWannaGraduate

New

Post by JustWannaGraduate » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:43 am

proteinshake wrote:
joeytribbiani wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

yes, it's a bunch of TLSers all from the c/o 2020. there's like 70 of us in there.
What's it called??

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:56 am

JustWannaGraduate wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
joeytribbiani wrote:
proteinshake wrote:

What's it called??
PM'd

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum”