Almost all of my friends have stayed in Pavilion - we've been here since 1L.
1. I cook almost exclusively, and the Pavilion kitchens are much nicer than those in Ivy and Jeffersonian.
2. I've kept my rent low by (1) having a room mate, (2) not paying for parking, and (3) renewing my lease on time.
3. I feel safer in Pavilion since you have to have an access card to get into all hallways - i.e. rooms don't open to an outside hallway or stairwell.
4. Free gym
5. In-unit laundry (huge time saver)
6. Who wants to pay the time/cost/effort to move after just one year? Pick the place that's right for you and plan to stay there for 3 years is my advice
Lawschool3LOL wrote: I'm also subletting my bedroom and private bathroom within a 2-bed apartment in Pavilion at North Grounds ($850/month+utilities) 5/22-7/31/17
Isn't the trend for most people to migrate en masse away from Pavilion after 1L year--what with the constant fire alarms and high rent-to-apt-size ratio? Figured a 3LOL would've claimed a Jeffersonian or Ivy lease.
Maybe I've misheard. What are the pros you see for Pavilion (other than faux-wood floors and newish marble counters and SS appliances)?