UVA Class of 2020

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)
20170322

Gold
Posts: 3251
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2020

Postby 20170322 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:09 pm

"The Court refers to the University of Virginia at Charlottesville. There is no University of Virginia at Charlottesville, there is only the University of Virginia."

Justice Scalia's dissent in United States v. Virginia.

User avatar
S.Picquery

Silver
Posts: 598
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:39 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2020

Postby S.Picquery » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:45 pm

SweetTort wrote:"The Court refers to the University of Virginia at Charlottesville. There is no University of Virginia at Charlottesville, there is only the University of Virginia."

Justice Scalia's dissent in United States v. Virginia.


Excited yet, Sweet? Hahaha

User avatar
TexasENG

Silver
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2020

Postby TexasENG » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:57 pm

.

gypsyroselily

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:04 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2020

Postby gypsyroselily » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:50 pm

Financial aid has been released and people are straight up getting screwed. How do those of us who were awarded NO merit aid go about negotiating? I'm stunned because people with my numbers were getting $50-$60k in merit and I got $80k in loans.

thatblondegirl

Bronze
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:47 am

Re: UVA Class of 2020

Postby thatblondegirl » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:53 pm

gypsyroselily wrote:Financial aid has been released and people are straight up getting screwed. How do those of us who were awarded NO merit aid go about negotiating? I'm stunned because people with my numbers were getting $50-$60k in merit and I got $80k in loans.

I'm in the same boat. I really like UVA, but I seriously can't afford it at sticker :(

20170322

Gold
Posts: 3251
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2020

Postby 20170322 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:13 am

So, do we get to watch the Libel Show, since it'll be happening while we're there?

Phyllis Stein

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:39 am

Re: UVA Class of 2020

Postby Phyllis Stein » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:44 am

Checking in!

User avatar
RParadela

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:04 am

Re: UVA Class of 2020

Postby RParadela » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:09 pm

Can we go troll the Berkley C/o 2020 thread since they got kicked from our #8 spot?

ponderingmeerkat

Gold
Posts: 1875
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:24 am

Re: UVA Class of 2020

Postby ponderingmeerkat » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:17 pm

RParadela wrote:Can we go troll the Berkley C/o 2020 thread since they got kicked from our #8 spot?


I just wanna be a fly on the wall in that financial aid office this AM. How many calls went like this: "I uh, I'd like to negotiate up my offer. Since you're not T10 anymore and all..."

Even if no one is seriously worried, there's still going to be some percentage of people who try to capitalize. :lol:

gypsyroselily

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:04 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2020

Postby gypsyroselily » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:21 pm

(I'm cross-posting this to the applicants thread too.) The time for negotiating scholarships is here. How do you all plan to do this for UVA? Should I email the Office of Financial Aid, or is this more of a phone call situation?

Cooley at Sticker

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2020

Postby Cooley at Sticker » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:50 pm

.
Last edited by Cooley at Sticker on Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer

Silver
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2020

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:51 pm

Cooley at Sticker wrote:Just got an email from an admissions officer with UVA saying they'd like to discuss my app over the phone. What does this mean? How do I prepare?


That means you get to interview for admission (a good thing typically). Prepare by making sure you know why you want to go to law school, and why UVA is one of your top choices.

lawcapture

Bronze
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:40 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2020

Postby lawcapture » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:16 am

Has anyone been to one of these UVA Law Alumni receptions for 0Ls? I'm going to the DC one tonight and wondering what to expect...

User avatar
S.Picquery

Silver
Posts: 598
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:39 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2020

Postby S.Picquery » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:22 am

Does anyone know if there's a uva admit/alum reception in NYC coming up? All the other schools reached out about it, but maybe I missed something?

User avatar
Rich Uncle Skeleton

Bronze
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:50 am

Re: UVA Class of 2020

Postby Rich Uncle Skeleton » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:42 am

lawcapture wrote:Has anyone been to one of these UVA Law Alumni receptions for 0Ls? I'm going to the DC one tonight and wondering what to expect...

Very relaxed and a lot of fun! Just basically sat down and had a great dinner and casual conversation with admissions and alum after they say a few words. really just something to relax and enjoy :)

root_beer

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:00 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2020

Postby root_beer » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:17 pm

*
Last edited by root_beer on Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TasmanianToucan

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:16 am

Re: UVA Class of 2020

Postby TasmanianToucan » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:09 pm

Hey all! 2L here. Looking forward to welcoming the new class in the fall! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

And as far as the bar question goes, the law student default is typically Bilt.

ReadM1084

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:22 am

Re: UVA Class of 2020

Postby ReadM1084 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:56 am

Hey guys,

100% committed here, both deposits and all. I'm super excited to meet all of you; however, I won't be at ASW because of mock trial ORCS. Still pumped to meet you all in the fall.

Out of curiosity, is anyone else in here paying full sticker? After skimming this forum I feel like I'm the only one haha.

Slam some beers for me at the Bilt.

User avatar
PDX4343

Silver
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2020

Postby PDX4343 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:09 am

ReadM1084 wrote:Hey guys,

100% committed here, both deposits and all. I'm super excited to meet all of you; however, I won't be at ASW because of mock trial ORCS. Still pumped to meet you all in the fall.

Out of curiosity, is anyone else in here paying full sticker? After skimming this forum I feel like I'm the only one haha.

Slam some beers for me at the Bilt.


I'm not 100% committed but am considering attending at full sticker price. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

root_beer

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:00 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2020

Postby root_beer » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:15 pm

.

ponderingmeerkat

Gold
Posts: 1875
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:24 am

Re: UVA Class of 2020

Postby ponderingmeerkat » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:41 pm

OK everybody. It looks like the mob has spoken loudly and with (mostly) one voice.

The bar review tomorrow evening will be at the Biltmore. http://thebiltmorecville.com

If you are so inclined, please join us there after all the fun and frivolity from day-one's activities is over.

Looking forward to meeting you all. Safe travels!

User avatar
S.Picquery

Silver
Posts: 598
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:39 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2020

Postby S.Picquery » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:46 pm

PDX4343 wrote:
ReadM1084 wrote:Hey guys,

100% committed here, both deposits and all. I'm super excited to meet all of you; however, I won't be at ASW because of mock trial ORCS. Still pumped to meet you all in the fall.

Out of curiosity, is anyone else in here paying full sticker? After skimming this forum I feel like I'm the only one haha.

Slam some beers for me at the Bilt.


I'm not 100% committed but am considering attending at full sticker price. Glad to see I'm not the only one.


I gotchu. Beers picked out, and chasers too

20170322

Gold
Posts: 3251
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2020

Postby 20170322 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:48 pm

.
Last edited by 20170322 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
S.Picquery

Silver
Posts: 598
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:39 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2020

Postby S.Picquery » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:54 pm

SweetTort wrote:
ponderingmeerkat wrote:OK everybody. It looks like the mob has spoken loudly and with (mostly) one voice.

The bar review tomorrow evening will be at the Biltmore. http://thebiltmorecville.com

If you are so inclined, please join us there after all the fun and frivolity from day-one's activities is over.

Looking forward to meeting you all. Safe travels!


Isn't tomorrow the trivia night?

Yeah but doesn't that only go till like... 10?

ponderingmeerkat

Gold
Posts: 1875
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:24 am

Re: UVA Class of 2020

Postby ponderingmeerkat » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:54 pm

SweetTort wrote:
ponderingmeerkat wrote:OK everybody. It looks like the mob has spoken loudly and with (mostly) one voice.

The bar review tomorrow evening will be at the Biltmore. http://thebiltmorecville.com

If you are so inclined, please join us there after all the fun and frivolity from day-one's activities is over.

Looking forward to meeting you all. Safe travels!


Isn't tomorrow the trivia night?


Yea man...Biltmore is open until 2. So, if trivia is your jam, go ahead and join us later (or not at all...no arm twisting here). If it isn't, head over to the Biltmore early if you'd like. No set "show time" or anything. My guess is people will come and go as they please.



Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests