We're A1L mad here - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Pole]

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

What Classes Do You Have This Semester?

Ks
65
16%
Crim
52
13%
Civ Pro
82
20%
Torts
58
14%
Property
39
10%
Con Law
20
5%
LRW
85
21%
 
Total votes: 401

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby brinicolec » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:45 am

Po$eidon wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Rigo wrote:
Po$eidon wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
Po$eidon wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Penn has weirdly gone under the radar this year. Also Cornell, but they sowed that crop.


How? Curious



... by slaughtering their applicants? lol


With no money? Well I'm going to be there for the next 3 years as long as I don't hate it so much I run away screaming (small, outside possibility: law is A LOT of ENTJs)

And INTJ's.
The # of xNTJ's in law is pretty significant. Those 2 personality types are like 50% of the field despite there being 16 personality types. Kinda nuts to think about.

Source: see graph at bottom of the OP.
viewtopic.php?p=9761928#p9761928



Hm... I ~ used ~ to be an ENTJ. Idk if my personality has changed since I took that test... Might as well take it again and see. Will update with results lol.


You inspired a retake and now they (Myers-Briggs) think I'm an ENTP - a butterfly has left its cocoon


What site did you use? I feel like there's so many now lol

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby Rigo » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:49 am

brinicolec wrote:What site did you use? I feel like there's so many now lol

I used this one https://www.16personalities.com

User avatar
Po$eidon

Bronze
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby Po$eidon » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:49 am

Rigo wrote:
brinicolec wrote:What site did you use? I feel like there's so many now lol

I used this one https://www.16personalities.com


Yep this one

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby Keilz » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:59 am

I just got estj

Justice sotomayor, judge Judy and LBJ

User avatar
Po$eidon

Bronze
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby Po$eidon » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:01 am

Keilz wrote:I just got estj


Try again in 7 days - w/Meyers Briggs it always feels like new week new you

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby brinicolec » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:05 am

Po$eidon wrote:
Rigo wrote:
brinicolec wrote:What site did you use? I feel like there's so many now lol

I used this one https://www.16personalities.com


Yep this one


According to that, I'm currently ESFJ.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:18 am

I got estj as well, but I flip between s and n every couple of months or so as well.

Probably for the best, if it keeps moving I can't get deterministic about the results

Monday

Silver
Posts: 784
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 am

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby Monday » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:23 am

.
Last edited by Monday on Thu May 11, 2017 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RParadela

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:04 am

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby RParadela » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:09 pm

Also got ESTJ. I'm really surprised more people aren't S rather than N in the law profession. I feel like being practical is more up a lawyer's alley rather than being idealistic.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby Rigo » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:17 pm

I was an ENTJ when I first took it years ago. I was adamant about going through life as an ENTJ. I could make it work, I told myself. I would work hard and be in the top 10% of ENTJ's. But TLS convinced me to retake. Now I'm an ESTJ and life is so much better.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:28 pm

RParadela wrote:Also got ESTJ. I'm really surprised more people aren't S rather than N in the law profession. I feel like being practical is more up a lawyer's alley rather than being idealistic.


I think the N has to do with ability to flow through levels of abstraction and filter the facts of the case into a more general rule of law.

Idk I think both are beneficial to law school

Caveat that mbj is flawed and not rigid blah blah blah

User avatar
Baby Gaga

Bronze
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:07 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby Baby Gaga » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:42 pm

I've always been ENTJ, and I had no idea what it would be like surrounded by other ENTJs in law school. I really like myself tho so it should be ok

User avatar
R. Jeeves

Gold
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby R. Jeeves » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:07 pm

infp. used to be an intj though.

User avatar
R. Jeeves

Gold
Posts: 1980
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby R. Jeeves » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:14 pm

Monday wrote:I never understood why Myers-Briggs is given any weight beyond entertainment value of classifying ourselves. I'm ENTJ and haven't deviated from that over the years but that only means that my biased and flawed view of myself hasn't changed much over time. Even the more "real" lengthier ones from employers at the interview stage (just why) are flawed.

Funnily enough, in one of those informational videos of current employees, one employee talks about how he always saw himself as a reliable, go-to person but because his supervisors were brutally honest with him, he now knows he is not.

yeah mbti personality type has only slightly more predictive utility than zodiac sign

when i used to tutor through my university they used this test on the tutors during the training phase and made us use it to like guide our tutoring styles and for self assessments and I thought that was really weird

User avatar
Po$eidon

Bronze
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby Po$eidon » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:16 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:infp. used to be an intj though.


F: your heart is growing

P: your becoming a procrastinator

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby Rigo » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:19 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:yeah mbti personality type has only slightly more predictive utility than zodiac sign

I'm a Libra, so law is my ~*destiny*~

User avatar
Slytherpuff

Platinum
Posts: 5401
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby Slytherpuff » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:15 pm

ENTJ/Pisces is a weird but cool combination, I'm down for reading too much into personality types!

(procrastinating 3L crashing the thread to say hi)

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby chargers21 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:39 pm

I've never even heard of this classification system so I have no clue what my clasification means, but I got ENTP - A for what it's worth

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:00 pm

chargers21 wrote:I've never even heard of this classification system so I have no clue what my clasification means, but I got ENTP - A for what it's worth


A) the Myers & Briggs (&June) test is the "most" accepted system in business to determine/measure human personality. There are 4 characteristics that are tested on a dichotomous spectrum. They are:

Introvert vs Extrovert (E v I)
Sense v Intuition (S v N)
Feeling vs Thinking (F v T)
Judging vs Perceiving (J v P)

At this point I don't remember how the classifications were named but most of them make sense. Intro vs extro is easy, the sense vs intuition measures how focused a person is on concrete facts (sensing) vs abstract ideas (intuiting). Feeling v Thinking is self explanatory. Judging v Perceiving deals manly with how new information is processed (Judges are skeptical, perceiveres are more accepting.

B) it's surprising that someone on top law schools would have a perceiving rating. This final branch is what measures whether someone is more go with the flow or neurotic type A. Cling to your happy loose personality.

Disclaimer: "Most Accepted" is in quotations because the MB test is extremely flawed even if the questions used are worded as well as possible, and free internet tests are not the best possible implementation. But hey, internet tests are all we are using so might as well take it with a heap of salt and have some fun

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby chargers21 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:14 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
chargers21 wrote:I've never even heard of this classification system so I have no clue what my clasification means, but I got ENTP - A for what it's worth


A) the Myers & Briggs (&June) test is the "most" accepted system in business to determine/measure human personality. There are 4 characteristics that are tested on a dichotomous spectrum. They are:

Introvert vs Extrovert (E v I)
Sense v Intuition (S v N)
Feeling vs Thinking (F v T)
Judging vs Perceiving (J v P)

At this point I don't remember how the classifications were named but most of them make sense. Intro vs extro is easy, the sense vs intuition measures how focused a person is on concrete facts (sensing) vs abstract ideas (intuiting). Feeling v Thinking is self explanatory. Judging v Perceiving deals manly with how new information is processed (Judges are skeptical, perceiveres are more accepting.

B) it's surprising that someone on top law schools would have a perceiving rating. This final branch is what measures whether someone is more go with the flow or neurotic type A. Cling to your happy loose personality.

Disclaimer: "Most Accepted" is in quotations because the MB test is extremely flawed even if the questions used are worded as well as possible, and free internet tests are not the best possible implementation. But hey, internet tests are all we are using so might as well take it with a heap of salt and have some fun

Perceiving was actually my strongest trait, which I think accurately applies to me about 90% of the time until I have procrastinated too long and have to shift into overdrive. Probably not the best thing for law school but oh well

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby airwrecka » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:31 pm

ESFJ here! Although I feel like it does change for me every time I take it.

Feeling much more extroverted these days, too, after all the small talk at ASWs I had to handle :lol:

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby amta » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:53 pm

INTJ. forever the cartoon villain.

User avatar
chandhi

Gold
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby chandhi » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:10 pm

INFJ here being all ~psychic and sensitive~ and hiding it lol

User avatar
Stephylynette

Bronze
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:04 am

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby Stephylynette » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:14 pm

I've been an INTJ since high school, I've taken multiple versions of the test over the years and while the percentiles may vary, I'm always INTJ. Idk if that's a good thing or not though lol

User avatar
Leliana

Bronze
Posts: 464
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:23 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby Leliana » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:16 pm

EDIT: ISTJ. Formerly INTJ
Last edited by Leliana on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests