We're A1L mad here - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Pole]

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

What Classes Do You Have This Semester?

Ks
65
16%
Crim
52
13%
Civ Pro
82
20%
Torts
58
14%
Property
39
10%
Con Law
20
5%
LRW
85
21%
 
Total votes: 401

User avatar
BruiseWillis

Bronze
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:34 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby BruiseWillis » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:57 am

Mr. Meeseeks wrote:
Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:
Shakawkaw wrote:Those of you who have jobs:

1. Are your employers aware of your interest in law school?
2. When do you plan on giving notice?
3. When do you plan on working until?


1. No
2. Probably May
3. I plan to work until the middle of July, but I'm really running a tight wire on putting in my two weeks at any point


So much this

+1

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby Keilz » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:59 pm

Anyone get spam calls from "ooh! Sorry I was having some trouble with my headset!" woman?? She (and other robots) call me so much I'm so paranoid I'm going to accidentally hang up on a law school. they're ruining the sanctity of phone calls.

User avatar
waldorf

Gold
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby waldorf » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:05 pm

Keilz wrote:Anyone get spam calls from "ooh! Sorry I was having some trouble with my headset!" woman?? She (and other robots) call me so much I'm so paranoid I'm going to accidentally hang up on a law school. they're ruining the sanctity of phone calls.


YES. The first one I got, I thought it was a real person and talked back for a few seconds before realizing it was a machine...

Keilz

Gold
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby Keilz » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:13 pm

bwaldorf wrote:
Keilz wrote:Anyone get spam calls from "ooh! Sorry I was having some trouble with my headset!" woman?? She (and other robots) call me so much I'm so paranoid I'm going to accidentally hang up on a law school. they're ruining the sanctity of phone calls.


YES. The first one I got, I thought it was a real person and talked back for a few seconds before realizing it was a machine...


yeah, it's pretty clever :x

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby amta » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:47 pm

taking poll suggestions

User avatar
waldorf

Gold
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby waldorf » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:48 pm

amta wrote:taking poll suggestions


Do you send nudes?

Lawschool305

Bronze
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:34 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby Lawschool305 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:50 pm

amta wrote:taking poll suggestions


I said this in the 2020 applicants thread and a few people thought it was a good idea as well. I'd like to see what people are taking out as debt in a poll so I can see how I compare to my peers. (Maybe do a poll in 30 or 40k increments)

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby amta » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:51 pm

bwaldorf wrote:
amta wrote:taking poll suggestions


Do you send nudes?


i don't, but colonel does.....to rigo

User avatar
waldorf

Gold
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby waldorf » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:52 pm

amta wrote:
bwaldorf wrote:
amta wrote:taking poll suggestions


Do you send nudes?


i don't, but colonel does.....to rigo


No I meant that that should be the poll.

Do you send nudes?
Yes
No

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby amta » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:58 pm

Lawschool305 wrote:
amta wrote:taking poll suggestions


I said this in the 2020 applicants thread and a few people thought it was a good idea as well. I'd like to see what people are taking out as debt in a poll so I can see how I compare to my peers. (Maybe do a poll in 30 or 40k increments)


how much debt are you taking on?

Lawschool305

Bronze
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:34 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby Lawschool305 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:59 pm

amta wrote:
Lawschool305 wrote:
amta wrote:taking poll suggestions


I said this in the 2020 applicants thread and a few people thought it was a good idea as well. I'd like to see what people are taking out as debt in a poll so I can see how I compare to my peers. (Maybe do a poll in 30 or 40k increments)


how much debt are you taking on?


Probably around 110k

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby Rigo » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:01 pm

Get into reach: STICKER, baby!
Most likely current outcome: $75-$100k (mostly just living expenses).

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby Rigo » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:02 pm

Also a little early for that poll though since most people don't know where they're going, I don't think.

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby amta » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:03 pm

Rigo wrote:Get into reach: STICKER, baby!
Most likely current outcome: $75-$100k (mostly just living expenses).


RC fail....we're talking about new polls rn.

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby amta » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:03 pm

Rigo wrote:Also a little early for that poll though since most people don't know where they're going, I don't think.


retract my post

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby Rigo » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:04 pm

Hey amta, go eat roadkill you trashy bitch.

Lawschool305

Bronze
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:34 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby Lawschool305 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:05 pm

Rigo wrote:Also a little early for that poll though since most people don't know where they're going, I don't think.


Thats fair. Save the idea for later weeks!

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby amta » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:06 pm

Rigo wrote:Hey amta, go eat roadkill you trashy bitch.


i would expect colonel to stoop to this level of name-calling, but not an esteemed never-law, forever-waiter, 0L like yourself.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby Rigo » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:07 pm

amta wrote:
Rigo wrote:Hey amta, go eat roadkill you trashy bitch.

i would expect colonel to stoop to this level of name-calling, but not an esteemed never-law, forever-waiter, 0L like yourself.

You know what: I've had it with your toxicity!
*withdraws all apps*

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby brinicolec » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:34 pm

Is anyone else who's visited at least a couple law schools and/or extensively talked to students at certain law schools having trouble discerning genuine love for their school from like... "drinking the koolaid" at their law school?

Hikikomorist

Platinum
Posts: 7788
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby Hikikomorist » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:46 pm

brinicolec wrote:Is anyone else who's visited at least a couple law schools and/or extensively talked to students at certain law schools having trouble discerning genuine love for their school from like... "drinking the koolaid" at their law school?

My cycle, only WUSTL students voiced real dissatisfaction with their law school.

User avatar
brinicolec

Gold
Posts: 4480
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby brinicolec » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:48 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Is anyone else who's visited at least a couple law schools and/or extensively talked to students at certain law schools having trouble discerning genuine love for their school from like... "drinking the koolaid" at their law school?

My cycle, only WUSTL students voiced real dissatisfaction with their law school.


Yeah. It's very confusing cause it's like... so what is the truth? Are people really that in love with their school? Could it be that they're there now and have serious complaints but are in denial because they can't go back and make a different choice? Idk what to think! Lol.

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby dietcoke1 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:53 pm

brinicolec wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Is anyone else who's visited at least a couple law schools and/or extensively talked to students at certain law schools having trouble discerning genuine love for their school from like... "drinking the koolaid" at their law school?

My cycle, only WUSTL students voiced real dissatisfaction with their law school.


Yeah. It's very confusing cause it's like... so what is the truth? Are people really that in love with their school? Could it be that they're there now and have serious complaints but are in denial because they can't go back and make a different choice? Idk what to think! Lol.


anecdotal experience over here, but I think most people really enjoy their law schools while they are in it. From people I've talked to its the after law school that can be no fun with the debt and/or no job prospects and/or miserable life. Being in law school though seems to be a rather enjoyable experience for people.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby Rigo » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:57 pm

I ignore 1L opinions as a rule.

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - [TLS C/O 2020 Thread]

Postby amta » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:05 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Is anyone else who's visited at least a couple law schools and/or extensively talked to students at certain law schools having trouble discerning genuine love for their school from like... "drinking the koolaid" at their law school?

My cycle, only WUSTL students voiced real dissatisfaction with their law school.


hikko, post numbers.



Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests