We're A1L mad here - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Pole]

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

What Classes Do You Have This Semester?

Ks
65
16%
Crim
52
13%
Civ Pro
82
20%
Torts
58
14%
Property
39
10%
Con Law
20
5%
LRW
85
21%
 
Total votes: 401

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Poll]

Postby amta » Thu May 11, 2017 12:20 pm

raise your hand if you were initially hard rejected by the school you eventually obtained your degree from.

User avatar
Dodocogon

Silver
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Poll]

Postby Dodocogon » Thu May 11, 2017 2:15 pm

Lol I took the ACT 4 times - 29->30->31->32

Had to hit the 32 to get the top scholarship to my state school, well worth the annoyance of taking it so many times lol

My school does have a solid acceptance rate though (95%)

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Poll]

Postby dietcoke1 » Thu May 11, 2017 2:36 pm

I don't even know what my SAT score was. Only took it cause my mother forced me to go to college. She did all my apps and everything.

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3434
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Poll]

Postby guynourmin » Thu May 11, 2017 4:34 pm

Did a dumb thing and looked at a bunch of apartment listings even though I already signed a lease...but I didn't see anything I would rather have in that location and price range! I'm so ready to move.

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Poll]

Postby ashrice13 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:33 pm

HAHAHAHA at my UG asking me for donations right now.

Pozzo

Gold
Posts: 1906
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Poll]

Postby Pozzo » Fri May 12, 2017 9:24 pm

ashrice13 wrote:HAHAHAHA at my UG asking me for donations right now.

My caller ID for my undergrad now reads, "[redacted] - DO NOT ANSWER"

haley12

Silver
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Poll]

Postby haley12 » Sun May 14, 2017 8:21 pm

LSRAT wrote:
tncats wrote:I got the exact same percentile on my ACT as my LSAT, so I guess that's just consistently who I am


Weird. I just looked up ACT percentiles and same. I wonder if there is any data collected on ACT/SAT performance and LSAT performance. What's really changed is GPA. I always thought I was a good student in HS, but looking back and evaluating my effort/performance I understand that's certainly not the case :lol:


Same here! Same exact percentile on both. Not surprising but interesting...

Hikikomorist

Platinum
Posts: 7791
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Poll]

Postby Hikikomorist » Sun May 14, 2017 8:28 pm

haley12 wrote:
LSRAT wrote:
tncats wrote:I got the exact same percentile on my ACT as my LSAT, so I guess that's just consistently who I am


Weird. I just looked up ACT percentiles and same. I wonder if there is any data collected on ACT/SAT performance and LSAT performance. What's really changed is GPA. I always thought I was a good student in HS, but looking back and evaluating my effort/performance I understand that's certainly not the case :lol:


Same here! Same exact percentile on both. Not surprising but interesting...

Did you all prepare roughly the same amount for both?

haley12

Silver
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Poll]

Postby haley12 » Sun May 14, 2017 8:30 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:
haley12 wrote:
LSRAT wrote:
tncats wrote:I got the exact same percentile on my ACT as my LSAT, so I guess that's just consistently who I am


Weird. I just looked up ACT percentiles and same. I wonder if there is any data collected on ACT/SAT performance and LSAT performance. What's really changed is GPA. I always thought I was a good student in HS, but looking back and evaluating my effort/performance I understand that's certainly not the case :lol:


Same here! Same exact percentile on both. Not surprising but interesting...

Did you all prepare roughly the same amount for both?


Yeah, roughly. Hired a tutor for both so I would say I was over-prepared :lol:

User avatar
tncats

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:20 am

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Poll]

Postby tncats » Sun May 14, 2017 9:17 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:
haley12 wrote:
LSRAT wrote:
tncats wrote:I got the exact same percentile on my ACT as my LSAT, so I guess that's just consistently who I am


Weird. I just looked up ACT percentiles and same. I wonder if there is any data collected on ACT/SAT performance and LSAT performance. What's really changed is GPA. I always thought I was a good student in HS, but looking back and evaluating my effort/performance I understand that's certainly not the case :lol:


Same here! Same exact percentile on both. Not surprising but interesting...

Did you all prepare roughly the same amount for both?



I didnt do any specific ACT prep, but I did a light to moderate amount of LSAT prep. It's different though since the ACT covers probably half of what you spend your time on in high school.

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Poll]

Postby amta » Mon May 15, 2017 12:17 pm

Bracket Play has begun!

Image
Last edited by amta on Mon May 15, 2017 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chandhi

Gold
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Poll]

Postby chandhi » Mon May 15, 2017 12:18 pm

amta wrote:Bracket Play has begun!

Image

you spelled my username wrong

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Poll]

Postby amta » Mon May 15, 2017 12:19 pm

chandhi wrote:
amta wrote:Bracket Play has begun!

Image

you spelled my username wrong


ahhhh. will edit.

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Poll]

Postby dietcoke1 » Mon May 15, 2017 12:21 pm

chandhi wrote:
amta wrote:Bracket Play has begun!


you spelled my username wrong


amta - DQ'ed

User avatar
chandhi

Gold
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Poll]

Postby chandhi » Mon May 15, 2017 12:22 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:
chandhi wrote:
amta wrote:Bracket Play has begun!


you spelled my username wrong


amta - DQ'ed

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Poll]

Postby amta » Mon May 15, 2017 12:23 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:
chandhi wrote:
amta wrote:Bracket Play has begun!


you spelled my username wrong


amta - DQ'ed


chandhi's match up isn't even currently being voted on. therefore, any confusion that may have stemmed from my misspelling likely did not affect voting. as such, we will consider this matter closed with not repercussions as it was a correctable error.

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3434
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Poll]

Postby guynourmin » Mon May 15, 2017 12:26 pm

money says the winner of Rigo/Brinicole takes it. Not sure who wins that match up, though.

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3434
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Poll]

Postby guynourmin » Mon May 15, 2017 12:26 pm

definitely voting for the good Dr. here

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Poll]

Postby dietcoke1 » Mon May 15, 2017 12:31 pm

has Sybill even graced us with her presence in these class forums? sounds like grounds for a DQ to me

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Poll]

Postby dietcoke1 » Mon May 15, 2017 12:32 pm

I'm thinking that I should be nominated as the rule enforcer of this bracket challenge since amta is clearly facing a conflict of interest

User avatar
chandhi

Gold
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Poll]

Postby chandhi » Mon May 15, 2017 12:32 pm

I can only imagine the greatness/shitshow it would be if all current contenders had a meat-up

User avatar
chandhi

Gold
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Poll]

Postby chandhi » Mon May 15, 2017 12:33 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:I'm thinking that I should be nominated as the rule enforcer of this bracket challenge since amta is clearly facing a conflict of interest

*dietcoke DQs half the contenders and puts himself back in the running*

User avatar
dietcoke1

Silver
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Poll]

Postby dietcoke1 » Mon May 15, 2017 12:34 pm

chandhi wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:I'm thinking that I should be nominated as the rule enforcer of this bracket challenge since amta is clearly facing a conflict of interest

*dietcoke DQs half the contenders and puts himself back in the running*

8) 8)

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Poll]

Postby amta » Mon May 15, 2017 12:35 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:I'm thinking that I should be nominated as the rule enforcer of this bracket challenge since amta is clearly facing a conflict of interest


sounds like someone is salty for not making it out of regionals. SAD.

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Poll]

Postby amta » Mon May 15, 2017 12:35 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:has Sybill even graced us with her presence in these class forums? sounds like grounds for a DQ to me


irrelevant as sybill is a popular waiter with which almost all of us are familiar. she won her regional for dang sakes.



Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests