We're A1L mad here - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Pole]

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

What Classes Do You Have This Semester?

Ks
16%
Crim
13%
Civ Pro
20%
Torts
14%
Property
10%
Con Law
5%
LRW
21%

Total votes: 401

waldorf

Gold

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Poll]

Postby waldorf » Wed May 10, 2017 11:04 pm

R. Jeeves wrote:damn, sorry to hear bwaldorf.

i think it helps to see a certain significance in having your law career start on a date like that. i know a couple people who faced loss like yours and they were able to turn it into motivation to accomplish a lot of big things. hope youre able to achieve the things as a lawyer that would make your family proud.

Thank you. :) I plan to!

chandhi

Gold

Postby chandhi » Wed May 10, 2017 11:16 pm

baseballfan660 wrote:2000 SAT, took once but studied a lot. Math was always going to way me down, cuz I was terrible at it. Got 97th percentile for reading tho which had me hyped.

Baseballfan still exists on TLS! Thanks for dropping in to join the cool kidz 8)

baseballfan660

Bronze

Postby baseballfan660 » Thu May 11, 2017 3:15 am

chandhi wrote:
baseballfan660 wrote:2000 SAT, took once but studied a lot. Math was always going to way me down, cuz I was terrible at it. Got 97th percentile for reading tho which had me hyped.

Baseballfan still exists on TLS! Thanks for dropping in to join the cool kidz 8)

I'm always lurking !! I only comment when I have something to add though. I'm trying to enjoy my last few weeks of undergrad, and the Nba, and Nhl playoffs. Between that, finals studying, and the Trump fiascos, its hard to get involved on threads unless I can contribute, without being sucked into something too time consuming.

ashrice13

Gold

Postby ashrice13 » Thu May 11, 2017 6:59 am

bwaldorf wrote:
I'm not super religious or superstitious but I hope that's a good sign?

I think it is too!! I'm not religious or superstitious either but I definitely have had numerous wierd things like that happen after my dad passed. I think you can view them as just coincidental or you can view them as signs...even as a non-religious person I really like to think they're signs.

I guess you're gonna have to go be amazing in LS :D

Leliana

Bronze

Postby Leliana » Thu May 11, 2017 8:36 am

I did better percentile-wise on my SAT than my LSAT. Guess I peaked in my HS days... :oops:

tncats

Bronze

Postby tncats » Thu May 11, 2017 9:35 am

I got the exact same percentile on my ACT as my LSAT, so I guess that's just consistently who I am

LSRAT

Bronze

Postby LSRAT » Thu May 11, 2017 9:45 am

tncats wrote:I got the exact same percentile on my ACT as my LSAT, so I guess that's just consistently who I am

Weird. I just looked up ACT percentiles and same. I wonder if there is any data collected on ACT/SAT performance and LSAT performance. What's really changed is GPA. I always thought I was a good student in HS, but looking back and evaluating my effort/performance I understand that's certainly not the case :lol:

nimbus cloud

Silver

Postby nimbus cloud » Thu May 11, 2017 9:56 am

LSRAT wrote:Weird. I just looked up ACT percentiles and same. I wonder if there is any data collected on ACT/SAT performance and LSAT performance.

It would make sense if people did better percentile-wise on SAT than LSAT because LSAT takers consist mostly of people who had done at least okay on SAT (and thus went to college). So it is an additional filter. Of course the fact they test different skills complicates things, e.g. someone terrible at math but great at reading comprehension could probably do better on LSAT.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:03 am

Same percentile on SAT and LSAT as well. Slightly higher ACT percentile. The reading sections I think on both SAT and ACT I got 99th percentile so I felt pretty cool about those

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Thu May 11, 2017 10:05 am

bwaldorf wrote:
RParadela wrote:
bwaldorf wrote:
RParadela wrote:
bwaldorf wrote:
chargers21 wrote:I scored the highest in my high school class for both the SAT and ACT without studying or practicing. 2000+/31 were my scores. Good enough to get a full ride to my state flagship. Kind of wish I knew more about how much they mattered or about the college application process back then as I do now, because I likely could have objectively done better with both. But oh well, probably wouldn't have gotten my high GPA in college otherwise.

Same. 3.9 (although, my high school was so damn easy that to get below a 3.0, you had to be legitimately stupid or never showing up)/35. Loved my four years of undergrad, but I could've done better for sure. Oh well! I try not to have regrets because I'm really, really happy with life right now and who knows what might be different had I gone elsewhere?

SAT wasn't really taken where I'm from because no one applied to schools for which it was necessary. My home state requires the ACT to graduate, so everyone took it. Multiple people in my class got 11, 12, 13 on their ACT though and TALKED ABOUT IT OPENLY. Getting above a 20 at my high school was considered amazing, and above a 24 was considered genius.

You got a 35 on your ACT?! Isn't a 36 a perfect score?

Yah. 30 the first time, wanted a full ride, so one of my dad's students tutored me for two hours on the math section (my worst section). Paid him $100 bucks to do so and I got almost a full ride for undergrad. Best investment ever.

Wow, I'm surprised you didn't end up at Princeton, Havard, Yale, etc with those numbers

1) Undergrad admissions, as I'm sure y'all all know, for the very top schools is much more than just a numbers game. I didn't have many extracurriculars because I was a basically full time dancer outside of school. Also harder to get the scholly money.
2) I have known I'd go to law school since I was 5 years old and didn't want any undergrad debt. With how little my tuition was, my dad used my college fund to help with rent and utilities, so with working almost full time I was able to save a lot of money during undergrad. Grateful for that now.

Kinda wish I had at least tried, though.

I had like a 4.33 and a 35 on the ACT on my first take and an IB diploma and didn't get into Harvard or Penn or Duke undergrad. Undergrad admissions sucks.

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Thu May 11, 2017 10:07 am

ashrice13 wrote:
bwaldorf wrote:

I think it is too!! I'm not religious or superstitious either but I definitely have had numerous wierd things like that happen after my dad passed. I think you can view them as just coincidental or you can view them as signs...even as a non-religious person I really like to think they're signs.

Also agree with this. I think it's a good sign.

poptart123

Silver

Postby poptart123 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:33 am

I think I increased about 45 percentiles on my LSAT from my SAT. I was a really lazy high school student. Something must have clicked in college.

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Thu May 11, 2017 10:38 am

I was going through boxes last week (moving is fun! :roll:), and found my SAT/ACT scores in a box of yearbooks and other high-school related effects. Why do I still have these things?

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Postby Hikikomorist » Thu May 11, 2017 11:02 am

Pozzo wrote:I was going through boxes last week (moving is fun! :roll:), and found my SAT/ACT scores in a box of yearbooks and other high-school related effects. Why do I still have these things?

It's important to remember who you are as you progress through life.

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Thu May 11, 2017 11:05 am

Pozzo wrote:I was going through boxes last week (moving is fun! :roll:), and found my SAT/ACT scores in a box of yearbooks and other high-school related effects. Why do I still have these things?

I was sorely reminded of my whatever SAT scores when I signed into collegeboard to do the CSS

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Thu May 11, 2017 11:07 am

pretty sure I circled random answers on half of the SAT

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:08 am

Where the hell are all of these people getting scholarship bumps from? Like bumps to full rides when they are deposited elsewhere? I was required to withdraw from all of my acceptances when I deposited I thought

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:12 am

I was in a fantasy football league where the last place finisher had to take the SAT. I was kind of curious about what I could score on it in the present day, but alas, I had a mediocre season instead of an awful one

waldorf

Gold

Postby waldorf » Thu May 11, 2017 11:16 am

Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
bwaldorf wrote:

Haha I will definitely try, Ash!

Thanks guys. Y'all are the best. :)

Keilz

Gold

Postby Keilz » Thu May 11, 2017 11:19 am

bwaldorf wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
bwaldorf wrote:

I think it's a good motivator to firmly plant yourself into starting this next chapter of your life, knowing that this is where you're supposed to be :)

Pozzo

Gold

Postby Pozzo » Thu May 11, 2017 11:23 am

Hikikomorist wrote:

It's important to remember who you are as you progress through life.

Judging by what found in this box, it seems as though I was an insufferable little shit. Not sure if I've progressed since...

waldorf

Gold

Postby waldorf » Thu May 11, 2017 11:32 am

Keilz wrote:
bwaldorf wrote:
Anon.y.mousse. wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
bwaldorf wrote:

I think it's a good motivator to firmly plant yourself into starting this next chapter of your life, knowing that this is where you're supposed to be :)

Aww! You're the best.

I love the TLS #squad.

K, done being mushy now.

TexasENG

Silver

Postby TexasENG » Thu May 11, 2017 11:57 am

Looks like I missed the entrance exam discussion, but anyone take the SAT 2s? They were ridiculous because the percentiles were so out of whack. I remember Math 2 I got like a 770 and was in the 60th or something absurd.

amta

Platinum

Postby amta » Thu May 11, 2017 12:01 pm

lol @ all y'all. i could barely read when i took the SAT.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Thu May 11, 2017 12:18 pm

Last edited by chargers21 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “TLS Class of 2020 Forum?