We're A1L mad here - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [New Pole] Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2020)

What Classes Do You Have This Semester?

Ks
16%
Crim
13%
Civ Pro
20%
Torts
14%
Property
10%
Con Law
5%
LRW
21%

Total votes: 401

chandhi

Gold

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [Title Pole]

Post by chandhi » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:18 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
thatlawlkid wrote:So this is the day democracy dies? :oops:
If you think it isn't dead yet you haven't been paying attention

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:23 pm

due to outrage over my undemocratic ways, i have decided to use the current pole results to name this thread.

any recall efforts to change thread title shall adhere to Article II. of the California Constitution.

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:24 pm

thatlawlkid wrote:So this is the day democracy dies? :oops:
edit: nvm
Last edited by proteinshake on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:34 pm

guynourmin wrote:"good luck" (a 1L thread)

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:37 pm

I will suspend voting at 6:00PM EST time today. If you want to vote, now is the time.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:36 pm

Just call it now that the serious pick is in the lead

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:38 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Just call it now that the serious pick is in the lead
I may or may not have whipped some votes from the Michigan group chat

wspa

New

Post by wspa » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:57 pm

amta wrote:
Why isn't "he1lo darkness my old friend" a pole option

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:00 pm

wspa wrote:
amta wrote:
this is v good and I would have included it in the second round. too bad amta is a fascist

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:00 pm

WE HAVE A WINNER

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:09 pm

How does basically everyone agree something that sounds like "won el" is best and we're getting a tired Alice in wonderland quote? NEW VOTE NEW VOTE NEW VOTE

wspa

New

Post by wspa » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:09 pm

chandhi wrote: this is v good and I would have included it in the second round. too bad amta is a fascist
amta wrote:
It's never too late to do the right thing

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:21 pm

wspa wrote:
chandhi wrote: this is v good and I would have included it in the second round. too bad amta is a fascist
amta wrote:
It's never too late to do the right thing
what does democracy look like.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:28 pm

chandhi wrote:
wspa wrote:
amta wrote:
this is v good and I would have included it in the second round. too bad amta is a fascist
fascism is misunderstood.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:49 pm

guynourmin wrote:How does basically everyone agree something that sounds like "won el" is best and we're getting a tired Alice in wonderland quote? NEW VOTE NEW VOTE NEW VOTE
Wow

#assumptive

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:30 pm

guynourmin wrote:How does basically everyone agree something that sounds like "won el" is best and we're getting a tired Alice in wonderland quote? NEW VOTE NEW VOTE NEW VOTE
+100000

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Post by Gitaroo_Dude » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:03 pm

chandhi wrote:
Smells like collusion. Amta, please appoint a special counsel immediately to get to the bottom of this.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

chandhi

Gold

Re: We're A1L mad here - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [Title Pole]

Post by chandhi » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:19 am

Had no idea selecting a title would be this difficult

chandhi

Gold

Re: Down the rabbit h0Le - TLS C/O 2020 Thread [TINDER]

Post by chandhi » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:04 pm

chandhi wrote:
amta wrote:
you're avoiding the bay chandhi. tit for tat
Halsey wrote: I know you're dying to meet me, but I should just tell you this
baby as soon as you meet me, you'll wish that you never did

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:08 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
chandhi wrote:
Smells like collusion. Amta, please appoint a special counsel immediately to get to the bottom of this.
Pozzo wrote:
You have been appointed as a special prosecutor to lead the investigation into the michigan voter fraud.

ashrice13

Gold

Post by ashrice13 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:10 pm

amta wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
chandhi wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
You have been appointed as a special prosecutor to lead the investigation into the michigan voter fraud.
This is exactly the type of bipartisan choice we needed to bring us all together

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Pozzo

Gold

Post by Pozzo » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:36 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
amta wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
chandhi wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
This is exactly the type of bipartisan choice we needed to bring us all together
August 4, 2017

Remarks prepared for delivery at press briefing.

Good afternoon. I am here to give you an updated on the Special Counsel’s investigation of chandhi’s alleged use of the Michigan thread to influence the outcome of the class of 2020 thread title poll.

After a tremendous amount of work over the last few minutes, we are completing our investigation and referring the case to the mods for a prosecutive decision. What I would like to do today is tell you three things: what we did; what we found; and what we are recommending to the mods.

This will be an unusual statement in at least a couple ways. First, I am going to include more detail about our process than I ordinarily would, because I think TLS deserves those details in a case of intense public interest. Second, I have not coordinated or reviewed this statement in any way with the mods or any other part of TLS. They do not know what I am about to say.

So, first, what we have done:

The investigation began as a referral amta in connection with chandhi's use of a personal c/o 2020 thread. The referral focused on whether that personal system was used to influence the outcome of the poll. Our investigation looked at whether there is evidence this thread was improperly used, in violation of a federal statute making it a felony to abuse such a thread either intentionally or in a grossly negligent way.

Consistent with our counterintelligence responsibilities, we have also investigated to determine whether there is evidence of computer intrusion in connection with the c/o 2020 thread by any foreign power, or other hostile actors.

Special Counsel has reviewed relevant portions of chandhi’s 1357 posts, as well as 2145 replies to the c/o 2020 thread and 594 replies to the Michigan c/o 2020 thread for any evidence that chandhi abused the power vested in her by the users of TLS in order to influence the outcome of the c/o 2020 title poll.

And, of course, in addition to our technical work, we pretended to interview many people, from those involved in setting up and maintaining the various iterations of chandhi’s avatar, to users whom she corresponded via group chat, #squad members, and finally, chandhi herself.

Last, we have done extensive work to understand what indications there might be of compromise by hostile actors in connection with the personal thread operation.

That’s what we have done. Now let me tell you what we found:

Although we did not find clear evidence that chandhi or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the use of school-specific threads, there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their discussion of their actions as relate to the c/o 2020 title thread.

Most notably, chandhi herself remarked publically that she “may or may not have whipped some votes from the Michigan group chat.”

With respect to potential computer intrusion by hostile actors, we did not find direct evidence that the c/o 2020 poll was compromised by illegitimate voters or voting methods.

So that’s what we found. Finally, with respect to our recommendation to the mods:

In our system, the mods make the decisions about whether charges are appropriate based on evidence the Special Prosecutor has helped collect. Although we don’t normally make public our recommendations to the mods, we frequently make recommendations and engage in productive conversations with mods about what resolution may be appropriate, given the evidence. In this case, given the importance of the matter, I think unusual transparency is in order.

Although there is evidence of petty infighting, mudslinging, and self-serving polticking, our judgment is that no reasonable mod would institute a ban such a case. Mods necessarily weigh a number of factors before bringing bans. There are obvious considerations, like the strength of the evidence, especially regarding intent. Responsible decisions also consider the context of a person’s actions, and how similar situations have been handled in the past.

In looking back at our investigations into this and other attempts to influence TLS polls, we cannot find a case that would support bringing criminal charges on these facts. As a result, although mods make final decisions on matters like this, we are expressing to mods our view that no charges are appropriate in this case.

I know there will be intense public debate in the wake of this recommendation, as there was throughout this investigation. What I can assure TLS users is that this investigation was done competently, honestly, and independently. No outside influence of any kind was brought to bear.
I know there were many opinions expressed by people who were not part of the investigation—including people in government—but none of that mattered to us. Opinions are irrelevant, and they were all uninformed by insight into our investigation, because we did the investigation the right way. Only facts matter, and we found them here in an entirely apolitical and professional way.

Thank you.

NotAGolfer

Silver

Post by NotAGolfer » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:57 pm

Pozzo wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
amta wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
chandhi wrote:
Pozzo wrote:
August 4, 2017

Remarks prepared for delivery at press briefing.

Good afternoon. I am here to give you an updated on the Special Counsel’s investigation of chandhi’s alleged use of the Michigan thread to influence the outcome of the class of 2020 thread title poll.

After a tremendous amount of work over the last few minutes, we are completing our investigation and referring the case to the mods for a prosecutive decision. What I would like to do today is tell you three things: what we did; what we found; and what we are recommending to the mods.

This will be an unusual statement in at least a couple ways. First, I am going to include more detail about our process than I ordinarily would, because I think TLS deserves those details in a case of intense public interest. Second, I have not coordinated or reviewed this statement in any way with the mods or any other part of TLS. They do not know what I am about to say.

So, first, what we have done:

The investigation began as a referral amta in connection with chandhi's use of a personal c/o 2020 thread. The referral focused on whether that personal system was used to influence the outcome of the poll. Our investigation looked at whether there is evidence this thread was improperly used, in violation of a federal statute making it a felony to abuse such a thread either intentionally or in a grossly negligent way.

Consistent with our counterintelligence responsibilities, we have also investigated to determine whether there is evidence of computer intrusion in connection with the c/o 2020 thread by any foreign power, or other hostile actors.

Special Counsel has reviewed relevant portions of chandhi’s 1357 posts, as well as 2145 replies to the c/o 2020 thread and 594 replies to the Michigan c/o 2020 thread for any evidence that chandhi abused the power vested in her by the users of TLS in order to influence the outcome of the c/o 2020 title poll.

And, of course, in addition to our technical work, we pretended to interview many people, from those involved in setting up and maintaining the various iterations of chandhi’s avatar, to users whom she corresponded via group chat, #squad members, and finally, chandhi herself.

Last, we have done extensive work to understand what indications there might be of compromise by hostile actors in connection with the personal thread operation.

That’s what we have done. Now let me tell you what we found:

Although we did not find clear evidence that chandhi or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the use of school-specific threads, there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their discussion of their actions as relate to the c/o 2020 title thread.

Most notably, chandhi herself remarked publically that she “may or may not have whipped some votes from the Michigan group chat.”

With respect to potential computer intrusion by hostile actors, we did not find direct evidence that the c/o 2020 poll was compromised by illegitimate voters or voting methods.

So that’s what we found. Finally, with respect to our recommendation to the mods:

In our system, the mods make the decisions about whether charges are appropriate based on evidence the Special Prosecutor has helped collect. Although we don’t normally make public our recommendations to the mods, we frequently make recommendations and engage in productive conversations with mods about what resolution may be appropriate, given the evidence. In this case, given the importance of the matter, I think unusual transparency is in order.

Although there is evidence of petty infighting, mudslinging, and self-serving polticking, our judgment is that no reasonable mod would institute a ban such a case. Mods necessarily weigh a number of factors before bringing bans. There are obvious considerations, like the strength of the evidence, especially regarding intent. Responsible decisions also consider the context of a person’s actions, and how similar situations have been handled in the past.

In looking back at our investigations into this and other attempts to influence TLS polls, we cannot find a case that would support bringing criminal charges on these facts. As a result, although mods make final decisions on matters like this, we are expressing to mods our view that no charges are appropriate in this case.

I know there will be intense public debate in the wake of this recommendation, as there was throughout this investigation. What I can assure TLS users is that this investigation was done competently, honestly, and independently. No outside influence of any kind was brought to bear.
I know there were many opinions expressed by people who were not part of the investigation—including people in government—but none of that mattered to us. Opinions are irrelevant, and they were all uninformed by insight into our investigation, because we did the investigation the right way. Only facts matter, and we found them here in an entirely apolitical and professional way.

Thank you.
Amazing.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:15 pm

Wtfuck did I just read? Pozzo has some time on his hands

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:47 pm

so this is why Pozzo took a deferral