2L and Back Again Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

What are you doing this summer?

Big Firm
32%
Med/Small Firm
9%
Government
22%
Judicial
13%
Non-Profit
14%
Other
7%
Couch Surfing
3%

Total votes: 153

UVA2B

Gold

Re: He1Lo From the Otherside

Post by UVA2B » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:45 pm

candidlatke wrote:those of you going to BL this summer, when do your gigs start & are you going to bother finding a subleaser?

lowkey stressing here over moving/finding a place in a city that i've never been and being ready the monday right after finals
May 22nd is pretty consensus start date from everyone I know (myself included). And if you're in a major market, airbnb seems to be the best bet if you don't have other accommodations set up. I'm living with family, and that was a tough pill to swallow, but it was better in my secondary market than staying in an extended stay hotel because short term leases aren't a thing and airbnb is ridiculously expensive).

EnderWiggin

Silver

Post by EnderWiggin » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:47 pm

UVA2B wrote:Can someone spare some extra caring to supplement my waning interest in finals? I'm not sure where I lost all those fucks along the way, but they don't seem to be coming back.
saaaaame
[+] Spoiler

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Fri May 05, 2017 8:57 pm

It's finals season, so where are my fellow procrastinators at?!

JusticeChuckleNutz

New

Post by JusticeChuckleNutz » Fri May 05, 2017 10:28 pm

UVA2B wrote:It's finals season, so where are my fellow procrastinators at?!
We out here. 3 of 4 finals done, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the beast that is ConLaw is blocking it

hopefuljumbo23

Bronze

Post by hopefuljumbo23 » Sat May 06, 2017 3:09 pm

candidlatke wrote:those of you going to BL this summer, when do your gigs start & are you going to bother finding a subleaser?

lowkey stressing here over moving/finding a place in a city that i've never been and being ready the monday right after finals
omg same here! I have to move the weekend after finals end into a brand new place. AND I have to do the writing competition while working. Hate my life so much sometimes

...but then I remember how much I'm gonna get paid and all the pain goes away LOL

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

alora

New

Post by alora » Sat May 06, 2017 4:31 pm

currently trying to teach myself enough con law to not completely fail my exam in the next 20 hours

QuentonCassidy

Silver

Post by QuentonCassidy » Sat May 06, 2017 4:33 pm

UVA2B wrote:

May 22nd is pretty consensus start date from everyone I know (myself included). And if you're in a major market, airbnb seems to be the best bet if you don't have other accommodations set up. I'm living with family, and that was a tough pill to swallow, but it was better in my secondary market than staying in an extended stay hotel because short term leases aren't a thing and airbnb is ridiculously expensive).
My start date is May 15, and that seems to be the case for quite a few people in my market (TX), but I do know of some who are delaying for a week to have more time for LR write on.

hopefuljumbo23

Bronze

Post by hopefuljumbo23 » Sat May 06, 2017 5:17 pm

QuentonCassidy wrote:
UVA2B wrote:

My start date is May 15, and that seems to be the case for quite a few people in my market (TX), but I do know of some who are delaying for a week to have more time for LR write on.
My start date is may 15 too but I'm secondary market.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Sat May 06, 2017 5:22 pm

hopefuljumbo23 wrote:
QuentonCassidy wrote:
UVA2B wrote:

My start date is may 15 too but I'm secondary market.
Interesting, I guess I'm just not talking to enough people going to SAs about start dates. And I'm also really glad I have a week buffer between finals ending and getting moved back home (and really happy in hindsight that journal write-on was before spring break instead of after finals...sorry duders and dudettes who have that week of pain upcoming. Ours was mercilessly/mercifully confined to a single weekend).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Sat May 06, 2017 5:24 pm

alora wrote:
currently trying to teach myself enough con law to not completely fail my exam in the next 20 hours
Wait, is con law something you can actually learn? I just assumed I would wax poetic about societal functioning and implied powers under the dormant commerce clause for 16 pages until my eyes are bleeding.

alora

New

Post by alora » Sat May 06, 2017 9:07 pm

UVA2B wrote:
alora wrote:
Wait, is con law something you can actually learn? I just assumed I would wax poetic about societal functioning and implied powers under the dormant commerce clause for 16 pages until my eyes are bleeding.
waxing poetic is exactly what my professor likes, but his 2016 exam had a word limit of 2000... for all three "essay" questions put together... so i will need to figure out how to be poetic and succinct.

The Abyss

Gold

Post by The Abyss » Mon May 08, 2017 4:21 pm

Done and really excited to get to work in two weeks.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Mon May 08, 2017 4:29 pm

The Abyss wrote:Done and really excited to get to work in two weeks.
Congrats!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hopefuljumbo23

Bronze

Post by hopefuljumbo23 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:11 am

The Abyss wrote:Done and really excited to get to work in two weeks.
So jelly. But congrats!

The Abyss

Gold

Post by The Abyss » Tue May 09, 2017 7:54 pm

UVA2B wrote:Congrats!
hopefuljumbo23 wrote:So jelly. But congrats!
Thanks. Pretty nice not doing anything for the first time in a long time. Good luck to y'all with exams!

3pianists

Bronze

Post by 3pianists » Wed May 10, 2017 2:13 pm

*is at UChicago with another three weeks left*

amta

Platinum

Re: Abandon A1L Hope, Ye Who Enter Here (1L thread)

Post by amta » Wed May 10, 2017 7:09 pm

ugg wrote:
nice to see you haven't posted in this thread is almost 5 months.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ugg

Diamond

Re: Abandon A1L Hope, Ye Who Enter Here (1L thread)

Post by ugg » Wed May 10, 2017 8:08 pm

amta wrote:
ugg wrote:
nice to see you haven't posted in this thread is almost 5 months.
yolo

Tycho

Bronze

Post by Tycho » Wed May 10, 2017 8:11 pm

One final left! :D

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Wed May 10, 2017 8:11 pm

3pianists wrote:*is at UChicago with another three weeks left*

You knew when you signed up you were signing up for DAT RIGOR.

(Seriously though, that thought made me shudder and I feel bad for you)

Tycho

Bronze

Post by Tycho » Wed May 10, 2017 9:13 pm

UVA2B wrote:

It'll catch up to us when we're starting 2L and he's got a month of summer left. :lol:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

3pianists

Bronze

Post by 3pianists » Thu May 11, 2017 2:37 pm

Tycho wrote:
UVA2B wrote:

It'll catch up to us when we're starting 2L and he's got a month of summer left. :lol:
This year I was way too busy wallowing in panic and misery to enjoy the extra month on the front end, but it will be pretty great to enjoy the month of September for once.

Assuming I make it through the month of May. :roll:

gsy987

Bronze

Post by gsy987 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:03 pm

I've concluded that doing write on is terrible and that all blue books should be burned. (This is maybe the first time I've agreed this vehemently with Posner: http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/ ... iform_pay/.)

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Thu May 11, 2017 10:50 pm

I've had 0 time to work on write-on with trying to figure out summer plans, and doing prep for other things that I won't be able to do while I'm gone this summer. So basically, I'm either going to be submitting a shit-ass paper that I wrote in two days (Monday and Tuesday of next week), or just say yolofuckit and roll the dice at OCI with no journal.

alora

New

Post by alora » Fri May 12, 2017 1:19 am

finished my last exam today so i'm celebrating by eating a bowl full of m&ms for dinner at 10:19pm

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”