UF Law Class of 2019 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

Have you started working on your first day assignments yet?

Yes
29%
No
43%
I'll Never Tell!
29%

Total votes: 7

Leagles5161

Bronze

Re: UF Law Class of 2019

Post by Leagles5161 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:46 pm

Kat1021 wrote:
Leagles5161 wrote:Anyone know what the timetable looks like for paying tuition? Specifically those who aren't using loans? Somewhat odd that we haven't received much of anything pertaining to this
I've talked to Financial Aid about that. From what I gather, you need to keep an eye out on your One UF to see a tuition statement. I assume that won't be up until we are registered for classes. You have to take upon yourself to see it and pay it because the school doesn't automatically send out a bill.

Was that helpful?
Very, thanks!

Kat1021

Bronze

Post by Kat1021 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:59 pm

Sonar80 wrote:
Kat1021 wrote:
Leagles5161 wrote:Anyone know what the timetable looks like for paying tuition? Specifically those who aren't using loans? Somewhat odd that we haven't received much of anything pertaining to this
I've talked to Financial Aid about that. From what I gather, you need to keep an eye out on your One UF to see a tuition statement. I assume that won't be up until we are registered for classes. You have to take upon yourself to see it and pay it because the school doesn't automatically send out a bill.

Was that helpful?
This is my feeling on it too, somewhere I read that UF is a self-assessing school, meaning they won't bill you and you have to figure out how/where to pay. I'm sure there 'how/where' has to be discussed on the Bursars page somewhere, right?
It has to be. I've been looking around my One UF and under "campus finances" are options for making a payment and seeing the tuition statement

__blah

New

Post by __blah » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:29 pm

What laptop will everyone be using ? Did you recurve the printing confirmation for your Gator ID ?

Leagles5161

Bronze

Post by Leagles5161 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:35 pm

__blah wrote:What laptop will everyone be using ? Did you recurve the printing confirmation for your Gator ID ?
Recently got a Macbook Air 13 inch but I think that most people will be going with MacBook Pros. As to the confirmation of the Gator ID, the lady who I sent my picture to simply replied "thank you" so I take it they got it from here lol

Kat1021

Bronze

Post by Kat1021 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:38 pm

Leagles5161 wrote:
__blah wrote:What laptop will everyone be using ? Did you recurve the printing confirmation for your Gator ID ?
Recently got a Macbook Air 13 inch but I think that most people will be going with MacBook Pros. As to the confirmation of the Gator ID, the lady who I sent my picture to simply replied "thank you" so I take it they got it from here lol
I also got a Macbook Air, the pro was too much weight for me. As for the ID, I got a notification that it was printed.

Also, just got an email regarding loans being processed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Leagles5161

Bronze

Post by Leagles5161 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:42 pm

Kat1021 wrote:
Leagles5161 wrote:
I also got a Macbook Air, the pro was too much weight for me. As for the ID, I got a notification that it was printed.

Ah yes, I do recall that confirmation notification now.

Yeah, it's like they were waiting for us to discussion financial aid/payment to send that email lol

__blah

New

Post by __blah » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:46 pm

Leagles5161 wrote:
Kat1021 wrote:
Leagles5161 wrote:

Yeah, it's like they were waiting for us to discussion financial aid/payment to send that email lol
I'm looking at the MacBook Pro 12 inch but I'm worried it will not be powerful enough.

Spoke with financial aid today. I think all that's left is signing for the amount and disbarment, which is tentative set for August 19th.

Sonar80

Bronze

Post by Sonar80 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:12 pm

Check your emails. We've received an update from the Financial Aid folks.

Sonar80

Bronze

Post by Sonar80 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:16 pm

I'm using a Dell machine I bought a couple of months ago. It's significantly heavier than the Macbooks, but I use it for gaming also. I'm hopeful that they'll release the locks on our student accounts that blocks us from downloading word/powerpoint/office and using it for free here soon.

I received a printing confirmation for my Gator ID as well as a response from the lady I emailed it too that basically said, "Thanks for the pic!" When I checked the site that came in the email my picture was in the upper left corner, so it must be all good.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Silver

Post by 07152016 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:21 pm

__blah

New

Post by __blah » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:28 pm

thelostweasley wrote:So if disbursement is set for August 19th, looks like we'll have to live off of any savings we have during orientation and the first week of classes?
Looks like it. Two weeks is reasonable timing.

Sonar80

Bronze

Post by Sonar80 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:34 pm

thelostweasley wrote:So if disbursement is set for August 19th, looks like we'll have to live off of any savings we have during orientation and the first week of classes?
That's what it looks like to me too. Either living off of savings or credit cards.

Sonar80

Bronze

Post by Sonar80 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:36 pm

Leagles5161 wrote:
Kat1021 wrote:

Was that helpful?
Very, thanks!
I went to the student self service portal and on the left hand side under the University Bursar subheading there is an option to make a payment as well as other options relating to payment. If you're paying cash, I'm assuming this is where they accept the payment. You should notice that there is already a $15 charge on your account for your Gator 1 Card.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:41 pm

Kat1021 wrote:

Was that helpful?
This is correct. You have to check my.ufl.edu or one.uf.edu. But tuition isn't up yet, as far as I know.
It depends on whether or not you have a scholarship. If you are on scholarship, I think the date is in October for the fall. If you aren't on scholarship, I think it's by the end of the second week of classes. But don't hold me to that, things might be different. And I don't know for sure if that second week of classes date is correct.

medtolaw

New

Post by medtolaw » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:00 am

How do we tell if our loans were processed? Per the email we received yesterday: "If your loans did not process, please check your Aid Status page on ONE.UF to see if you are missing any documents." I'm not missing any documents but I also didn't receive any notification about my loans being processed.

Sonar80

Bronze

Post by Sonar80 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:25 am

medtolaw wrote:How do we tell if our loans were processed? Per the email we received yesterday: "If your loans did not process, please check your Aid Status page on ONE.UF to see if you are missing any documents." I'm not missing any documents but I also didn't receive any notification about my loans being processed.
This has been the one part of this process that I wish was a bit clearer. At this point if it all works out, I'll be convinced it was some sort of black magic.

Kat1021

Bronze

Post by Kat1021 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:53 am

Sonar80 wrote:
medtolaw wrote:How do we tell if our loans were processed? Per the email we received yesterday: "If your loans did not process, please check your Aid Status page on ONE.UF to see if you are missing any documents." I'm not missing any documents but I also didn't receive any notification about my loans being processed.
This has been the one part of this process that I wish was a bit clearer. At this point if it all works out, I'll be convinced it was some sort of black magic.
I went on my awards/disbursements page and saw I now had the option to enter how much of the loans I want and accept them. Therefore, I believe the loans processed.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

medtolaw

New

Post by medtolaw » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:00 am

Kat1021 wrote:
Sonar80 wrote:
I went on my awards/disbursements page and saw I now had the option to enter how much of the loans I want and accept them. Therefore, I believe the loans processed.
Thanks, I see that too!

medtolaw

New

Post by medtolaw » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:15 am

__blah wrote:
Leagles5161 wrote:
Kat1021 wrote:
Leagles5161 wrote:

I'm looking at the MacBook Pro 12 inch but I'm worried it will not be powerful enough.

Spoke with financial aid today. I think all that's left is signing for the amount and disbarment, which is tentative set for August 19th.
In that price range, I would stick with the MacBook Air or Pro (I personally have a Pro). The 12 inch MacBook seems a bit underpowered and doesn't have any ports. It runs a Core M processor which is a step below the ULV processor in the Air.

Leagles5161

Bronze

Post by Leagles5161 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:26 am

Does anyone know how to get Microsoft Word from UF?

Sonar80

Bronze

Post by Sonar80 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:40 am

Leagles5161 wrote:Does anyone know how to get Microsoft Word from UF?
There's a downloader that you can find on the IT site, but when you download and install it, the program asks for your Gatorlink ID, and checks it against the database, I assume. I tried it a couple of months ago and it didn't work, my guess is they pay for the subscriptions by the month and it probably won't be turned on until August? If any current students could chime in that would be tremendously helpful.

http://www.it.ufl.edu/2015/01/free-offi ... and-staff/

It looks like they may have changed policies and made it only available for staff/faculty?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

medtolaw

New

Post by medtolaw » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:15 am

Sonar80 wrote:
There's a downloader that you can find on the IT site, but when you download and install it, the program asks for your Gatorlink ID, and checks it against the database, I assume. I tried it a couple of months ago and it didn't work, my guess is they pay for the subscriptions by the month and it probably won't be turned on until August? If any current students could chime in that would be tremendously helpful.

It looks like they may have changed policies and made it only available for staff/faculty?
I was able to download MS Office by signing in as Sonar described.

Here's the direct link: http://www.it.ufl.edu/gatorcloud/free-s ... 5-proplus/

Leagles5161

Bronze

Post by Leagles5161 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:21 am

medtolaw wrote:
Sonar80 wrote:

Thanks a ton!

Silver

Post by 07152016 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:26 am

medtolaw

New

Post by medtolaw » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:05 pm

Leagles5161 wrote:
medtolaw wrote:
Sonar80 wrote:

Thanks a ton!
No problem!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”