USC Law Class of '19

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

Are you going to Law Day?

Yes
8
38%
No
8
38%
Double Yes
5
24%
 
Total votes: 21

kade
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:13 am

Re: USC Law Class of '19

Postby kade » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:50 pm

kade wrote:
kade wrote:I will be giving away 1L supplements and casebooks sometime next week. First come first serve. A list will be posted next week. Can be picked up over the summer or when schools starts


Someone needs to figure out how many TLS 2019ers there are, so that you guys can divide these evenly.

1. sum and substance exam pro series civil procedure
2. E&E torts fifth ed.
3. Siegel's civil procedure
4. E&E civil procedure
5. Siegel's torts
6. sum and substance torts
7. friendrenthal hornbook civil procedure
8. law in a flash contracts
9. law in a flash criminal law
10. law in a flash civil procedure i
11. law in a flash civil procedure ii
12. law in a flash real property
13. law in a flash real property (i have two)
14. law in a flash contracts
15. casebook for Keating
16. casebook for S.Rich

I have more supplements and hornbooks in my locker, which I will post later. (Spent about $2k for books my 1L year). Please post below the numbers for which of the above books you want.

Also, as courtesy, I would appreciate it if my TLS user name is not outed irl--thanks


17. Dobbs Torts
18. Freer civ pro
19. Prosser Keeton torts

kade
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:13 am

Re: USC Law Class of '19

Postby kade » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:46 pm

kade wrote:
kade wrote:
kade wrote:I will be giving away 1L supplements and casebooks sometime next week. First come first serve. A list will be posted next week. Can be picked up over the summer or when schools starts


Someone needs to figure out how many TLS 2019ers there are, so that you guys can divide these evenly.

1. sum and substance exam pro series civil procedure
2. E&E torts fifth ed.
3. Siegel's civil procedure
4. E&E civil procedure
5. Siegel's torts
6. sum and substance torts
7. friendrenthal hornbook civil procedure
8. law in a flash contracts
9. law in a flash criminal law
10. law in a flash civil procedure i
11. law in a flash civil procedure ii
12. law in a flash real property
13. law in a flash real property (i have two)
14. law in a flash contracts
15. casebook for Keating
16. casebook for S.Rich


I have more supplements and hornbooks in my locker, which I will post later. (Spent about $2k for books my 1L year). Please post below the numbers for which of the above books you want.

Also, as courtesy, I would appreciate it if my TLS user name is not outed irl--thanks


17. Dobbs Torts
18. Freer civ pro
19. Prosser Keeton torts


20. Q&A Constitutional law
21. High court summaries con law
22. siegel's con law
23. Edwards (legal writing book-blue cover)
Last edited by kade on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uscbound
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:25 am

Re: USC Law Class of '19

Postby uscbound » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:27 am

Is there a facebook group?

Thanks guys!

haewon225
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:25 pm

Re: USC Law Class of '19

Postby haewon225 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:12 pm

uscbound wrote:Is there a facebook group?

Thanks guys!


https://www.facebook.com/groups/1621090668157331/

surgicalTheater
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:20 pm

Re: USC Law Class of '19

Postby surgicalTheater » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:56 pm

Interesting that admissions sent an email offering 15K to those willing to defer for a year. Perhaps too many of us deposited?

LetsGoNow
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:12 am

Re: USC Law Class of '19

Postby LetsGoNow » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:29 pm

surgicalTheater wrote:Interesting that admissions sent an email offering 15K to those willing to defer for a year. Perhaps too many of us deposited?

Woah I didn't get that email. Is it an additional 15k from what you were originally offered?

haewon225
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:25 pm

Re: USC Law Class of '19

Postby haewon225 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:35 am

LetsGoNow wrote:
surgicalTheater wrote:Interesting that admissions sent an email offering 15K to those willing to defer for a year. Perhaps too many of us deposited?

Woah I didn't get that email. Is it an additional 15k from what you were originally offered?


I also received that email. It's an additional 5k per year for deferring, plus a one-time 5k the first year if you do a certain number of pro bono hours during the deferral year.

LetsGoNow
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:12 am

Re: USC Law Class of '19

Postby LetsGoNow » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:57 am

haewon225 wrote:
LetsGoNow wrote:
surgicalTheater wrote:Interesting that admissions sent an email offering 15K to those willing to defer for a year. Perhaps too many of us deposited?

Woah I didn't get that email. Is it an additional 15k from what you were originally offered?


I also received that email. It's an additional 5k per year for deferring, plus a one-time 5k the first year if you do a certain number of pro bono hours during the deferral year.

Are any of you who received this email considering the offer?

tiggerkitty
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:47 am

Re: USC Law Class of '19

Postby tiggerkitty » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:15 pm

LetsGoNow wrote:
haewon225 wrote:
LetsGoNow wrote:
surgicalTheater wrote:Interesting that admissions sent an email offering 15K to those willing to defer for a year. Perhaps too many of us deposited?

Woah I didn't get that email. Is it an additional 15k from what you were originally offered?


I also received that email. It's an additional 5k per year for deferring, plus a one-time 5k the first year if you do a certain number of pro bono hours during the deferral year.

Are any of you who received this email considering the offer?


+1 if anyone's considering a deferral. I personally don't think I'd defer unless I was set on re-taking the LSAT and applying early to the T-14, but then again I've been out of undergrad for a while. I think it may be a decent offer for people who are set on SC and want to take a year off to work/travel/boost their resume/etc. Who knows, they may even play ball and offer a larger scholly if you defer- I really don't think schools were expecting the increase in LSAT scores and applications this cycle (and there appears to be less movement from HYS WLs), hence why it seems a lot of schools over-filled their target class size.

User avatar
Danimals18
Posts: 1422
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:52 pm

Re: USC Law Class of '19

Postby Danimals18 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:29 pm

tiggerkitty wrote:
LetsGoNow wrote:
haewon225 wrote:
LetsGoNow wrote:
surgicalTheater wrote:Interesting that admissions sent an email offering 15K to those willing to defer for a year. Perhaps too many of us deposited?

Woah I didn't get that email. Is it an additional 15k from what you were originally offered?


I also received that email. It's an additional 5k per year for deferring, plus a one-time 5k the first year if you do a certain number of pro bono hours during the deferral year.

Are any of you who received this email considering the offer?


+1 if anyone's considering a deferral. I personally don't think I'd defer unless I was set on re-taking the LSAT and applying early to the T-14, but then again I've been out of undergrad for a while. I think it may be a decent offer for people who are set on SC and want to take a year off to work/travel/boost their resume/etc. Who knows, they may even play ball and offer a larger scholly if you defer- I really don't think schools were expecting the increase in LSAT scores and applications this cycle (and there appears to be less movement from HYS WLs), hence why it seems a lot of schools over-filled their target class size.


Those of you who received that email, do you mind sharing (or PM-ing) your stats?

itsmako
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:06 pm

Re: USC Law Class of '19

Postby itsmako » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:00 pm

Is anybody getting a meal plan? I've found a few links but was curious if other students have done it, especially those living in Terrace. Any input from current students would be nice! Thanks :)

http://hospitality.usc.edu/wp-content/u ... -jg7ee.pdf

http://hospitality.usc.edu/wp-content/u ... poster.pdf

kade
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:13 am

Re: USC Law Class of '19

Postby kade » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:09 pm

itsmako wrote:Is anybody getting a meal plan? I've found a few links but was curious if other students have done it, especially those living in Terrace. Any input from current students would be nice! Thanks :)

http://hospitality.usc.edu/wp-content/u ... -jg7ee.pdf

http://hospitality.usc.edu/wp-content/u ... poster.pdf


Ime I haven't met anyone with a meal plan. I think it's rare to do so

User avatar
RationalHeretic23
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:46 am

Re: USC Law Class of '19

Postby RationalHeretic23 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:18 pm

Hi everyone, I'm a 1L over at UC Berkeley. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with finding housing in LA for this summer. Is there by any chance a facebook group for your class that someone could add me to, so that I can ask if anyone is sub-letting their apartment for the summer? This would be such a huge help. Thanks!


Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: appind and 1 guest