UCLA Law Class of 2019 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)
batman88

New

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2019

Post by batman88 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:32 pm

Emailed Dean Schwartz about scholarship offer on 4/1 and haven't heard back yet. Should I followup or just wait?

Lucyfur

Bronze

Post by Lucyfur » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:40 pm

batman88 wrote:Emailed Dean Schwartz about scholarship offer on 4/1 and haven't heard back yet. Should I followup or just wait?
I'd probably give it another day. Keep an eye out for an email from Danae McElroy too, since she might be the one actually responding.

mist4bison

Gold

Post by mist4bison » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:46 pm

batman88 wrote:Emailed Dean Schwartz about scholarship offer on 4/1 and haven't heard back yet. Should I followup or just wait?
Follow up. I waited 2 weeks before following up only to find out he'd lost the email and no action had been taken yet.

urbanist11

Silver

Post by urbanist11 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:35 pm

Hard to pass up the warm California sunshine but decided to decline my offer - good luck future Bruins!

alora

New

Post by alora » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:54 pm

put in my deposit today :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

87mm

Bronze

Post by 87mm » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:00 am

Put in my deposit. Now to cut spending to save as much as possible to live off of.

adelllla

New

Post by adelllla » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:32 am

Put in my deposit as well :D

miku015

New

Post by miku015 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:10 pm

Couldn't get them to give me the $$$ so had to withdraw unfortunately, gl to everyone else!

wellitsover

Bronze

Post by wellitsover » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:34 pm

Also deposited :) the finality is exciting and nerve wracking at the same time!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

adelllla

New

Post by adelllla » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:40 pm

wellitsover wrote:Also deposited :) the finality is exciting and nerve wracking at the same time!
This is such a perfect description!

woc

New

Post by woc » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:33 pm

Removed.
Last edited by woc on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

batman88

New

Post by batman88 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:21 pm

Do you lose your spot/scholly if you don't deposit tomorrow? How does that work?

frazzledandbedazzled

New

Post by frazzledandbedazzled » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:35 pm

woc wrote:does anyone know if you're required to withdraw from other schools (acceptances) if you deposit at UCLA?
There is no requirement to withdraw! I asked admissions this question.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

woc

New

Post by woc » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:36 pm

Removed.
Last edited by woc on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucyfur

Bronze

Post by Lucyfur » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:22 am

Finally put in my deposit! I plan on initiating second-round negotiations early next week. If anyone has done this already, please PM me! :D

alvmew

New

Post by alvmew » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:47 am

Joining the club - put in my deposit this morning. (:

jmark1

New

Post by jmark1 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:26 pm

Just deposited after negotiating some more money. Planning on riding a few waitlists just to see if I can continue negotiations, but I'm excited as hell to be a Bruin!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

87mm

Bronze

Post by 87mm » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:13 pm

Do any LA residents/Bruins recommend getting a road bike to commute around the campus and surrounding area? It looks like Santa Monica is only a 30 minute bike ride away and you wont have to pay for parking.

How are the roads for biking around? Seriously considering it.

mrsomebody

New

Post by mrsomebody » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:57 pm

87mm wrote:Do any LA residents/Bruins recommend getting a road bike to commute around the campus and surrounding area? It looks like Santa Monica is only a 30 minute bike ride away and you wont have to pay for parking.

+1

I'd much prefer biking over driving if people think its doable

Lucyfur

Bronze

Post by Lucyfur » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:19 pm

mrsomebody wrote:
87mm wrote:Do any LA residents/Bruins recommend getting a road bike to commute around the campus and surrounding area? It looks like Santa Monica is only a 30 minute bike ride away and you wont have to pay for parking.

+1

LA isn't the most bike-friendly city, but it's gotten better and is definitely doable. I know several people in the area that bike as their primary mode of transportation

adelllla

New

Post by adelllla » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:47 am

Lucyfur wrote:
mrsomebody wrote:

+1

LA isn't the most bike-friendly city, but it's gotten better and is definitely doable. I know several people in the area that bike as their primary mode of transportation
+1.

I went to undergrad at UCLA, and most people I knew would bike to classes/around campus & the near vicinities, but I don't know how ideal it would be for 2L/3L, when you're doing externships and such off campus. Even that would be doable but not ideal (@least not for me, but then again, I'm merely a car-trapped LA gal).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

87mm

Bronze

Post by 87mm » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:15 pm

adelllla wrote:
Lucyfur wrote:
mrsomebody wrote:

+1

+1.

I went to undergrad at UCLA, and most people I knew would bike to classes/around campus & the near vicinities, but I don't know how ideal it would be for 2L/3L, when you're doing externships and such off campus. Even that would be doable but not ideal (@least not for me, but then again, I'm merely a car-trapped LA gal).

I figured it would be best for daily stuff but I will also have my car with me as well.

Anyone have any insight as to motorcycle viability? I have a motorcycle but I am debating selling it for the extra spending money. The lane sharing seems like a dangerous thing with the traffic in LA. I would prefer not to be dead :(

Draconem

Bronze

Post by Draconem » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:13 pm

87mm wrote:
adelllla wrote:
Lucyfur wrote:
mrsomebody wrote:

+1

+1.

I figured it would be best for daily stuff but I will also have my car with me as well.

Anyone have any insight as to motorcycle viability? I have a motorcycle but I am debating selling it for the extra spending money. The lane sharing seems like a dangerous thing with the traffic in LA. I would prefer not to be dead :(
I wouldn't. My partner was almost killed a few times by drivers. After a hit and run that left her knees messed up, she finally sold her bike and was done.

Not worth it, in my opinion.

87mm

Bronze

Post by 87mm » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:24 am

Draconem wrote:
87mm wrote:
adelllla wrote:
Lucyfur wrote:
mrsomebody wrote:

+1

+1.

I wouldn't. My partner was almost killed a few times by drivers. After a hit and run that left her knees messed up, she finally sold her bike and was done.

That settles that debate for me. Out of curiosity, was there there any location that specifically caused most of this? As in, was it freeway or riding around town? If I use a bicycle will I be at similar risk? Honestly, I dont know anything about traffic out there for cyclists and motorcyclists.

Thanks for the input and I'm glad your partner gave up the bike. Hope she recovered.

keezmasterflex

New

Post by keezmasterflex » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:03 am

87mm wrote:
Draconem wrote:
87mm wrote:
adelllla wrote:
Lucyfur wrote:
mrsomebody wrote:

+1

+1.

That settles that debate for me. Out of curiosity, was there there any location that specifically caused most of this? As in, was it freeway or riding around town? If I use a bicycle will I be at similar risk? Honestly, I dont know anything about traffic out there for cyclists and motorcyclists.

Thanks for the input and I'm glad your partner gave up the bike. Hope she recovered.

Bikes are also dangerous. The traffic in Los Angeles is not bike friendly. They are aggressive, on their cell phones, putting on make-up and in a rush 99.9% of the time. My accidents occurred in neighborhoods and side roads. I was never on a freeway with my motorbike. Hard to live in LA without a car.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”