Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

Which section are you in?

A
28%
B
28%
C
44%

Total votes: 18

The_Lorax

Bronze

Re: Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019

Post by The_Lorax » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:19 pm

arklaw13 wrote:
The_Lorax wrote:
Big Red wrote: 3.5 was also good enough for PDP in the 1L class last year (which is top third), but I can tell you that 3.7 didn't grade on to VLR (~top 10%) and would bet that 3.8 did.
With the >200 person class this year I'd be pretty surprised if 3.8 graded onto Law Review this year unless a bunch of the top take the write on spots too.
If a person would have both graded and written on, they get put in as a grade-on. So someone who would have graded on does not take up a write on spot.
I heard differently from a couple of people on law review and the student handbook on the intranet says write on scores go first. Now that could be incorrect, but that's what I've seen and heard

arklaw13

Gold

Post by arklaw13 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:52 pm

The_Lorax wrote:
arklaw13 wrote:
The_Lorax wrote:
Big Red wrote: 3.5 was also good enough for PDP in the 1L class last year (which is top third), but I can tell you that 3.7 didn't grade on to VLR (~top 10%) and would bet that 3.8 did.
With the >200 person class this year I'd be pretty surprised if 3.8 graded onto Law Review this year unless a bunch of the top take the write on spots too.
If a person would have both graded and written on, they get put in as a grade-on. So someone who would have graded on does not take up a write on spot.
I heard differently from a couple of people on law review and the student handbook on the intranet says write on scores go first. Now that could be incorrect, but that's what I've seen and heard
Maybe that is right. It's been a bit since I went through the process...

Edit: now that I think about it, I remember that being the case and that it was odd they essentially preferred gpa's over good write-on scores, the latter being more important for being on a journal.

Pure Applesauce

Bronze

Post by Pure Applesauce » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:47 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”