Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

Which section are you in?

A
5
31%
B
4
25%
C
7
44%
 
Total votes: 16

User avatar
The Abyss
Posts: 3288
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019

Postby The Abyss » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:50 pm

Finally moved in here in Nashville.

Pure Applesauce
Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:30 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019

Postby Pure Applesauce » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:43 am

Hey 1Ls,

How is life of the law? Any news on class size/medians?

User avatar
The Abyss
Posts: 3288
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019

Postby The Abyss » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:01 pm

Pure Applesauce wrote:Hey 1Ls,

How is life of the law? Any news on class size/medians?


Can't remember all of it, but I think LSAT was 162/167/168 and the class size is 204. Don't remember the gpa stuff

User avatar
mist4bison
Posts: 1550
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019

Postby mist4bison » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:04 pm

The Abyss wrote:
Pure Applesauce wrote:Hey 1Ls,

How is life of the law? Any news on class size/medians?


Can't remember all of it, but I think LSAT was 162/167/168 and the class size is 204. Don't remember the gpa stuff


I know 25th for GPA was exactly 3.500. I think 75th was like 3.8something? Don't remember the median. Agree with Abyss on the LSAT and size stats.

User avatar
do_me_a_favor
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:27 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019

Postby do_me_a_favor » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:11 pm

:)
Last edited by do_me_a_favor on Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SirArthurDayne
Posts: 2684
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 10:51 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019

Postby SirArthurDayne » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:13 pm

mist4bison wrote:
The Abyss wrote:
Pure Applesauce wrote:Hey 1Ls,

How is life of the law? Any news on class size/medians?


Can't remember all of it, but I think LSAT was 162/167/168 and the class size is 204. Don't remember the gpa stuff


I know 25th for GPA was exactly 3.500. I think 75th was like 3.8something? Don't remember the median. Agree with Abyss on the LSAT and size stats.


Is the class size really 204?? That would be a substantial increase from last year. Could it be that number includes llms?

User avatar
The Abyss
Posts: 3288
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019

Postby The Abyss » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:14 pm

SirArthurDayne wrote:
mist4bison wrote:
The Abyss wrote:
Pure Applesauce wrote:Hey 1Ls,

How is life of the law? Any news on class size/medians?


Can't remember all of it, but I think LSAT was 162/167/168 and the class size is 204. Don't remember the gpa stuff


I know 25th for GPA was exactly 3.500. I think 75th was like 3.8something? Don't remember the median. Agree with Abyss on the LSAT and size stats.


Is the class size really 204?? That would be a substantial increase from last year. Could it be that number includes llms?


It's just that big of a class.

User avatar
do_me_a_favor
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:27 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019

Postby do_me_a_favor » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:17 pm

Yeah there's 50+ LLMs, at least. 204 JD. I think it's a 14 percent increase from last year, and they raised the lsat median by one point.

What does this mean? I'm seriously asking you big timer tlsers. Is our ranking gonna go up or is it favorable for that??

Pure Applesauce
Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:30 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019

Postby Pure Applesauce » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:26 pm

do_me_a_favor wrote:Yeah there's 50+ LLMs, at least. 204 JD. I think it's a 14 percent increase from last year, and they raised the lsat median by one point.

What does this mean? I'm seriously asking you big timer tlsers. Is our ranking gonna go up or is it favorable for that??


There were 162 students in last year's class (162 students: http://law.vanderbilt.edu/prospective-s ... rofile.php). Going up to 204 is a 26% increase.

Yikes

User avatar
do_me_a_favor
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:27 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019

Postby do_me_a_favor » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:24 pm

Pure Applesauce wrote:
do_me_a_favor wrote:Yeah there's 50+ LLMs, at least. 204 JD. I think it's a 14 percent increase from last year, and they raised the lsat median by one point.

What does this mean? I'm seriously asking you big timer tlsers. Is our ranking gonna go up or is it favorable for that??


There were 162 students in last year's class (162 students: http://law.vanderbilt.edu/prospective-s ... rofile.php). Going up to 204 is a 26% increase.

Yikes


hmm. wonder if anyone else can corroborate seeing 14 percent on the slide show? something is strange. feel like i would've remembered it being 26.

User avatar
The Abyss
Posts: 3288
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019

Postby The Abyss » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:51 pm

do_me_a_favor wrote:
Pure Applesauce wrote:
do_me_a_favor wrote:Yeah there's 50+ LLMs, at least. 204 JD. I think it's a 14 percent increase from last year, and they raised the lsat median by one point.

What does this mean? I'm seriously asking you big timer tlsers. Is our ranking gonna go up or is it favorable for that??


There were 162 students in last year's class (162 students: http://law.vanderbilt.edu/prospective-s ... rofile.php). Going up to 204 is a 26% increase.

Yikes


hmm. wonder if anyone else can corroborate seeing 14 percent on the slide show? something is strange. feel like i would've remembered it being 26.


I think total applicants to Vandy was up 14%.

User avatar
rahulg91
Posts: 384
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:30 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019

Postby rahulg91 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:32 pm

Pure Applesauce wrote:
do_me_a_favor wrote:Yeah there's 50+ LLMs, at least. 204 JD. I think it's a 14 percent increase from last year, and they raised the lsat median by one point.

What does this mean? I'm seriously asking you big timer tlsers. Is our ranking gonna go up or is it favorable for that??


There were 162 students in last year's class (162 students: http://law.vanderbilt.edu/prospective-s ... rofile.php). Going up to 204 is a 26% increase.

Yikes


If the class size is at 204, and they've increased the LSAT median, then that seems pretty impressive. Maybe more students went Vandy instead of WUSTL/GULC this year?

Pure Applesauce
Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:30 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019

Postby Pure Applesauce » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:15 pm

.
Last edited by Pure Applesauce on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Big Red
Posts: 3223
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019

Postby Big Red » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:28 pm

The rise might also have to do with a better pool of applicants.

Regardless, good news for Vandy and kudos to the admissions dept (who checks TLS you might want to know)

User avatar
do_me_a_favor
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:27 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019

Postby do_me_a_favor » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:58 pm

Yeah. I mean they improved their lsat. Can't be a bad thing lol.
And lemme just say for future applicants sake, the vibe here in Nashville is amazing. Specifically at vandy. Things are cool, people are COOL. This was a great decision, everyone I've spoke to says so

User avatar
rahulg91
Posts: 384
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:30 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019

Postby rahulg91 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:36 am

do_me_a_favor wrote:Yeah. I mean they improved their lsat. Can't be a bad thing lol.
And lemme just say for future applicants sake, the vibe here in Nashville is amazing. Specifically at vandy. Things are cool, people are COOL. This was a great decision, everyone I've spoke to says so


Nashville is a lot of fun, it was a good decision!

User avatar
proteinshake
Posts: 4593
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019

Postby proteinshake » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:59 pm

yall are gonna have class with an Olympic gold-medalist swimmer http://www.sbnation.com/sponsored/12236 ... law-school

User avatar
The Abyss
Posts: 3288
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019

Postby The Abyss » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:08 pm

How was everyone's first week?

Scalvert
Posts: 634
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019

Postby Scalvert » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:35 pm

The Abyss wrote:How was everyone's first week?



It was good! I was busy and felt incompetent, but I survived.

User avatar
jumbocolumbo
Posts: 265
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:54 am

Re: Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019

Postby jumbocolumbo » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:09 pm

Any upperclassmen have advice on Con Law I v. Corporations for Spring Semester 1L elective?

Corporations - Thomas

Con Law I - Mikos/ Bulumstein

lsatstrategy
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019

Postby lsatstrategy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:15 pm

Hi Everyone,

I started a very junior LSAT blog for tips and tricks on overcoming the LSAT and its process. Please comment and provide feedback and anything you found useful throughout your LSAT studies: *

mod edit: banned for spam

User avatar
The Abyss
Posts: 3288
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019

Postby The Abyss » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:29 pm

Anyone get any grades back except for legal writing?

Scalvert
Posts: 634
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019

Postby Scalvert » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:05 pm

The Abyss wrote:Anyone get any grades back except for legal writing?



I heard sec A has theirs.

User avatar
The Abyss
Posts: 3288
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019

Postby The Abyss » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:19 pm

Scalvert wrote:
The Abyss wrote:Anyone get any grades back except for legal writing?



I heard sec A has theirs.


Damn. I think I'm going to break my f5 key refreshing YES.

Scalvert
Posts: 634
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:40 pm

Re: Vanderbilt Law Class of 2019

Postby Scalvert » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:29 pm

The Abyss wrote:
Scalvert wrote:
The Abyss wrote:Anyone get any grades back except for legal writing?



I heard sec A has theirs.


Damn. I think I'm going to break my f5 key refreshing YES.


Me too :D


Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest