UC Berkeley (Boalt Hall) Law Class of 2019 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

Will you be attending Admitted Students Weekend?

Yes
61%
No
15%
Maybe
1%
No, but I'll be doing an individual visit
13%
No, already visited
10%

Total votes: 71

RationalHeretic23

New

Re: UC Berkeley (Boalt Hall) Law Class of 2019

Post by RationalHeretic23 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:57 am

The former Dean is in the news again today. Former Dean Choudhry is apparently fighting to retain is faculty/tenure status.

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2016/04/25/for ... /blogs/law

pterodactyls

Silver

Post by pterodactyls » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:18 am

RationalHeretic23 wrote:The former Dean is in the news again today. Former Dean Choudhry is apparently fighting to retain is faculty/tenure status.

If he remained a faculty member, would any students want to take a class with him?

RationalHeretic23

New

Post by RationalHeretic23 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:37 am

pterodactyls wrote:
RationalHeretic23 wrote:The former Dean is in the news again today. Former Dean Choudhry is apparently fighting to retain is faculty/tenure status.

If he remained a faculty member, would any students want to take a class with him?
Yeah, to be honest I can't imagine remaining as a faculty member would be an enjoyable experience for anyone involved, including Choudhry. I'd imagine he would be very embarrassed to be around students and faculty after all of this.

Muiraquita

Silver

Post by Muiraquita » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:47 am

KiltedKicker wrote:
Muiraquita wrote:So... the Admitted students website has their Facebook set up now, but I cannot seem to find this "edit your profile" link they reference... Anyone want to help this helpless person?
At the top you should find the link right under 'Welcome [your name]'

:mrgreen: Strange, I swear that link was not there last time I checked.

bamb00zled

Bronze

Post by bamb00zled » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:58 pm

RationalHeretic23 wrote:
pterodactyls wrote:

Yeah, to be honest I can't imagine remaining as a faculty member would be an enjoyable experience for anyone involved, including Choudhry. I'd imagine he would be very embarrassed to be around students and faculty after all of this.
I cannot trust the judgment of or respect someone who kept their Transitions glasses on in a professional head shot

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dizzystpizzy

Bronze

Post by dizzystpizzy » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:42 pm

bamb00zled wrote:
RationalHeretic23 wrote:
pterodactyls wrote:

I cannot trust the judgment of or respect someone who kept their Transitions glasses on in a professional head shot
:lol: yes so true

KobetheGOAT

New

Post by KobetheGOAT » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:44 pm

Has anyone else not even received their initial financial aid offer yet? And neither the Admissions nor the Financial Aid office is responding to emails/phone calls. This is ridiculous!!!

RationalHeretic23

New

Post by RationalHeretic23 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:46 pm

KobetheGOAT wrote:Has anyone else not even received their initial financial aid offer yet? And neither the Admissions nor the Financial Aid office is responding to emails/phone calls. This is ridiculous!!!
All I've received is a partial matching scholarship, but they haven't gotten back to me at all about the possibility of additional merit funding.

Jordan Catalano

New

Post by Jordan Catalano » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:50 pm

KobetheGOAT wrote:Has anyone else not even received their initial financial aid offer yet? And neither the Admissions nor the Financial Aid office is responding to emails/phone calls. This is ridiculous!!!
*Raises hand*, same for me.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

GrumpyYellowOgre

Bronze

Post by GrumpyYellowOgre » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:53 pm

Muiraquita wrote:
KiltedKicker wrote:
Muiraquita wrote:So... the Admitted students website has their Facebook set up now, but I cannot seem to find this "edit your profile" link they reference... Anyone want to help this helpless person?

I see the "Welcome [your name]" line but there is definitely no link under it for me. So maybe you checked accurately but something changed. Now what could that something be...

middleastpeace

New

Post by middleastpeace » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:31 pm

RationalHeretic23 wrote:
middleastpeace wrote:Where are you guys sending the "if I don't get more FinAid I'm withdrawing" email to? Jamal? Kristen? straight to Dean Tom??
I sent it to Kristen and CCed Dean Tom and the office of financial aid. I sent an email like this on Friday and haven't heard back yet.

Thanks, I know Dean Tom's direct email address, can you PM me Kristen's please?

larsy91

New

Post by larsy91 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:42 pm

No one has received a matching or merit scholarship today or yesterday???

xoxoxo10

New

Post by xoxoxo10 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:31 pm

larsy91 wrote:No one has received a matching or merit scholarship today or yesterday???
Still waiting over here...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

wryguy

New

Post by wryguy » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:58 pm

It's sad that the only solace we have through this is that there are others suffering the same thing.

yschaf

New

Post by yschaf » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:03 am

Heard back today that they will not be matching at all, so I will be withdrawing. Admittedly I filled out the form late in the game, but still a surprise!

Pikapika

New

Post by Pikapika » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:07 am

Muiraquita wrote:
KiltedKicker wrote:

Yay! Made mine :mrgreen:

pterodactyls

Silver

Post by pterodactyls » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:13 am

yschaf wrote:Heard back today that they will not be matching at all, so I will be withdrawing. Admittedly I filled out the form late in the game, but still a surprise!
Did you fill it out before or after their April 15 "priority deadline"?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

yschaf

New

Post by yschaf » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:26 am

pterodactyls wrote:
yschaf wrote:Heard back today that they will not be matching at all, so I will be withdrawing. Admittedly I filled out the form late in the game, but still a surprise!
April 14 - so just barely.

pterodactyls

Silver

Post by pterodactyls » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:50 am

yschaf wrote:
pterodactyls wrote:
April 14 - so just barely.
Thanks for the info. Sorry to hear they didn't bite!

xoxoxo10

New

Post by xoxoxo10 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:34 am

I have gone deep down the rabbit hole and am looking for any sign of hope that Berkeley might want to give me *something* with my matching scholarship application.
So on that note, the "My Finances" tab on CalCentral is now just has a message that says: "You do not currently have any Financial Aid information ready to view. Please check Financial Aid & Scholarships or contact Cal Student Central for more information."

Could this be a sign that they're sending out offers today? Or do we think their system is just down...?

IcarusOnWheels

New

Post by IcarusOnWheels » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:13 pm

Deadline in 2 days and I haven't heard any response to any of my emails or calls. Gah!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

frazzledandbedazzled

New

Post by frazzledandbedazzled » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:25 pm

IcarusOnWheels wrote:Deadline in 2 days and I haven't heard any response to any of my emails or calls. Gah!
In the same boat and starting to lose my mind :?

RationalHeretic23

New

Post by RationalHeretic23 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:27 pm

xoxoxo10 wrote:I have gone deep down the rabbit hole and am looking for any sign of hope that Berkeley might want to give me *something* with my matching scholarship application.
So on that note, the "My Finances" tab on CalCentral is now just has a message that says: "You do not currently have any Financial Aid information ready to view. Please check Financial Aid & Scholarships or contact Cal Student Central for more information."

Could this be a sign that they're sending out offers today? Or do we think their system is just down...?
FWIW, I was offered a matching scholarship via email last week and it still hasn't shown up on CalCentral at all. So don't think that if CalCentral isn't showing anything that there's no hope :D

Muiraquita

Silver

Post by Muiraquita » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:28 pm

RationalHeretic23 wrote:
xoxoxo10 wrote:I have gone deep down the rabbit hole and am looking for any sign of hope that Berkeley might want to give me *something* with my matching scholarship application.

FWIW, I was offered a matching scholarship via email last week and it still hasn't shown up on CalCentral at all. So don't think that if CalCentral isn't showing anything that there's no hope :D

Yea same, I got the offer, and have already signed the acceptance form for the offer, and gotten the confirmation of that, but still not on CalCentral.

lemoknope602

New

Post by lemoknope602 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:04 pm

Does anyone know if you receive separate matching and need based offers, is your total offer the two combined or just the higher of the two?

Sorry if this has already been discussed or if the answer is obvious.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”