Page 12 of 12

Re: Illinois College of Law Class of 2019

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:35 pm
by Chardee_MacDennis
Supercalifragilistic wrote:Are you guys renting books/getting used books/or buying new??

I noticed for some of the books on Amazon, if you rent/get used, it says "access codes and supplements not guaranteed." Does this matter? Will we end up getting other brand supplements anyway?


It does not. You're fine renting books.

Re: Illinois College of Law Class of 2019

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:35 pm
by TheFutureElleWoods
beardlaw wrote:
Supercalifragilistic wrote:Are you guys renting books/getting used books/or buying new??

I noticed for some of the books on Amazon, if you rent/get used, it says "access codes and supplements not guaranteed." Does this matter? Will we end up getting other brand supplements anyway?



new ~ cost me around 400.


I ordered the books that had the casebook connect new.

Re: Illinois College of Law Class of 2019

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:17 pm
by Supercalifragilistic
Chardee_MacDennis wrote:
Supercalifragilistic wrote:Are you guys renting books/getting used books/or buying new??

I noticed for some of the books on Amazon, if you rent/get used, it says "access codes and supplements not guaranteed." Does this matter? Will we end up getting other brand supplements anyway?


It does not. You're fine renting books.


thanks! ended up doing a combo of new/used/rent.

Re: Illinois College of Law Class of 2019

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:19 pm
by nisalurve
Guys, we're so close!

Re: Illinois College of Law Class of 2019

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:37 pm
by Hyper-Chicken
We still have some open spots in the fantasy football league. It's going to be a good time. Join here: http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/184002

Re: Illinois College of Law Class of 2019

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:50 pm
by Halfthaifullusa
nisalurve wrote:Section C/5/v over here!


Haven't been on here in a bit, but same as this

Re: Illinois College of Law Class of 2019

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:15 pm
by Halfthaifullusa
Kinda random but any weightlifters here? Curious about equipment at rec center or whatever facilities they have there available to students, how busy its gets, etc might consider getting membership elsewhere. Also want to get into olympic lifting wonder if there is somesort of club. I'm sure I can figure out soon enough but if anyone knows please share...

Re: Illinois College of Law Class of 2019

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:22 am
by Chardee_MacDennis
Halfthaifullusa wrote:Kinda random but any weightlifters here? Curious about equipment at rec center or whatever facilities they have there available to students, how busy its gets, etc might consider getting membership elsewhere. Also want to get into olympic lifting wonder if there is somesort of club. I'm sure I can figure out soon enough but if anyone knows please share...


The ARC is actually a really good facility (7-8 benches, 4 squat/pull racks, 2 deadlift platforms, free weights, 2 smith machines-it's pretty big), though it does get busy in the early AM and later PM. I always found the best time to go was around 10:30a, but you won't always be able to do that (at least not during your first year). Not sure I'd recommend a membership elsewhere b/c the ARC is more than enough for what you want to do. Not sure of any clubs, but I'm sure a quick Google search of the area would help.

Re: Illinois College of Law Class of 2019

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:17 pm
by Halfthaifullusa
Chardee_MacDennis wrote:
Halfthaifullusa wrote:Kinda random but any weightlifters here? Curious about equipment at rec center or whatever facilities they have there available to students, how busy its gets, etc might consider getting membership elsewhere. Also want to get into olympic lifting wonder if there is somesort of club. I'm sure I can figure out soon enough but if anyone knows please share...


The ARC is actually a really good facility (7-8 benches, 4 squat/pull racks, 2 deadlift platforms, free weights, 2 smith machines-it's pretty big), though it does get busy in the early AM and later PM. I always found the best time to go was around 10:30a, but you won't always be able to do that (at least not during your first year). Not sure I'd recommend a membership elsewhere b/c the ARC is more than enough for what you want to do. Not sure of any clubs, but I'm sure a quick Google search of the area would help.


Great info, thanks!

Re: Illinois College of Law Class of 2019

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:03 pm
by nisalurve
Halfthaifullusa wrote:
nisalurve wrote:Section C/5/v over here!


Haven't been on here in a bit, but same as this

Awesome, I look forward to meeting you!

Re: Illinois College of Law Class of 2019

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:38 pm
by beardlaw
hey guys, is there anything we need to read FOR orientation?