Northwestern Pritzker Law Class of 2019 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

Will you be attending ASW (April 1st & 2nd)?

Yes, see you there!
42%
Maybe, I'm not sure yet.
2%
No, I won't be attending.
33%
No, I've already visited/scheduled an alternate visit.
23%

Total votes: 43

Loney M. Setnick

Bronze

Re: Northwestern Pritzker Law Class of 2019

Post by Loney M. Setnick » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:47 pm

Just submitted my scholarship re-consideration form. For those of you who also submitted one, how long did it take before you received a response?

zyxwvut2

New

Post by zyxwvut2 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:58 pm

Loney M. Setnick wrote:Just submitted my scholarship re-consideration form. For those of you who also submitted one, how long did it take before you received a response?
5 days, 2 of those were sat/sun... but they're answer was LOLNOPE so maybe that decision comes faster than others :P

threatlevelmidnight

Bronze

Post by threatlevelmidnight » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:03 pm

Loney M. Setnick wrote:Just submitted my scholarship re-consideration form. For those of you who also submitted one, how long did it take before you received a response?
Last edited by threatlevelmidnight on Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

archipm

Bronze

Post by archipm » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:55 am

threatlevelmidnight wrote:
I submitted last Monday and got a response that Thursday with an increase. They meet once a week to review the form, so I think if you get the form in before their review you would get an answer.

Has anyone negotiated after the reconsideration form? I don't really have anything compelling other than I'm debt-averse, but I feel like I should at least try...
I am attempting to negotiate again after getting an initial bump but haven't heard back yet and my deadline from my existing offer is Monday. When people asked for deadline extensions, did you email? Call? Did you just say you need more time?

TheWalkingDebt

Silver

Post by TheWalkingDebt » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:57 am

archipm wrote:
threatlevelmidnight wrote:
I submitted last Monday and got a response that Thursday with an increase. They meet once a week to review the form, so I think if you get the form in before their review you would get an answer.

Has anyone negotiated after the reconsideration form? I don't really have anything compelling other than I'm debt-averse, but I feel like I should at least try...
I am attempting to negotiate again after getting an initial bump but haven't heard back yet and my deadline from my existing offer is Monday. When people asked for deadline extensions, did you email? Call? Did you just say you need more time?
In person > call > email for deadline extension request

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

archipm

Bronze

Post by archipm » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:02 am

TheWalkingDebt wrote: In person > call > email for deadline extension request
Thanks!

Update: I called, and they had me send an email so they can show it to the committee. Really hoping they approve it!

James.K.Polk

Silver

Post by James.K.Polk » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:08 pm

Asked Northwestern for a slight bump (even after reconsideration) which would absolutely seal the deal. Even if I don't get it, it's certainly in play, but the higher COA is giving me pause. Regardless, really excited to be at the end.

radient

New

Post by radient » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:11 pm

James.K.Polk wrote:Asked Northwestern for a slight bump (even after reconsideration) which would absolutely seal the deal. Even if I don't get it, it's certainly in play, but the higher COA is giving me pause. Regardless, really excited to be at the end.
Good luck!

Budfox55

Bronze

Post by Budfox55 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:24 am

Attn: Everyone with scholarships, especially those who got a bump.

Please don't be like me and deposit, but almost forget to fill out the scholarship acceptance form. Was able to get a slight bump after my initial reconsideration was denied and deposited immediately. However, my updated scholly email had no mention about having to accept the scholarship form (just said that the terms from my initial scholarship email applied) and I completely forgot about it until I decided to triple check everything this morning and make sure everything was 100% in line.

Oh and that being said, proud to make my first TLS announcement that I will officially be joining the Northwestern Pritzker School of Law Class of 2019. Cant wait to meet up with everyone in August!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

AnonymousPython

New

Post by AnonymousPython » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:46 am

Did anyone see language anywhere that would require withdrawing from all other schools to which you were admitted before accepting the NU scholarship/submitting the tuition deposit? I've seen that for a lot of other schools, but not for NU.

urbanist11

Silver

Post by urbanist11 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:48 am

AnonymousPython wrote:Did anyone see language anywhere that would require withdrawing from all other schools to which you were admitted before accepting the NU scholarship/submitting the tuition deposit? I've seen that for a lot of other schools, but not for NU.

I do not believe they require that

James.K.Polk

Silver

Post by James.K.Polk » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:40 pm

k, I'm in.

gamerish

Gold

Post by gamerish » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:29 pm

Withdrew today and hopefully freed up a good bit of scholly money. Good luck!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

wittywitless

Bronze

Post by wittywitless » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:45 pm

Welp, just put a deposit down. This is happening, guys. :shock:

TheWalkingDebt

Silver

Post by TheWalkingDebt » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:48 pm

wittywitless wrote:Welp, just put a deposit down. This is happening, guys. :shock:
Same.

James.K.Polk

Silver

Post by James.K.Polk » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:26 pm

TheWalkingDebt wrote:
wittywitless wrote:Welp, just put a deposit down. This is happening, guys. :shock:
Same.
Terrifying and exciting. Can't wait to meet you guys.

Now...to find housing.

wittywitless

Bronze

Post by wittywitless » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:16 pm

James.K.Polk wrote:
TheWalkingDebt wrote:
Same.
Terrifying and exciting. Can't wait to meet you guys.

Now...to find housing.
Seconded. Made slightly uneasy by trying to find housing remotely, but I spoke to some folks and it seems like it's not that rough a housing market. CTA trains and buses seem far more on point than where I live now, so I guess we'll see what happens. :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Wipfelder

Silver

Post by Wipfelder » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:26 pm

Comrades,

I've been living in Chicago for a few months now, and have hella-UG-connections with realtors and stuff....if your thinking of not living in Streeterville, hit me up via PM if you want insight or help with cheap Chicago living.

James.K.Polk

Silver

Post by James.K.Polk » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:37 pm

TheWalkingDebt wrote:
Same.
Also, besides the CEASAR auto-confirmation, did either of you guys hear anything w/r/t deposits? Just want to be sure I didn't forget a form and miss the deadline :shock: :shock:

TheWalkingDebt

Silver

Post by TheWalkingDebt » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:42 pm

James.K.Polk wrote:
TheWalkingDebt wrote:
Same.
Also, besides the CEASAR auto-confirmation, did either of you guys hear anything w/r/t deposits? Just want to be sure I didn't forget a form and miss the deadline :shock: :shock:
I think it's just a deposit and (if applicable) the scholarship acceptance form.

James.K.Polk

Silver

Post by James.K.Polk » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:49 pm

TheWalkingDebt wrote:
James.K.Polk wrote:
TheWalkingDebt wrote:
Same.
I think it's just a deposit and (if applicable) the scholarship acceptance form.
There's also another form related to the deposit that isn't scholarship, I believe. I was just wondering if we got any follow up from Johann + Co.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Budfox55

Bronze

Post by Budfox55 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:23 pm

James.K.Polk wrote:
TheWalkingDebt wrote:
James.K.Polk wrote:
TheWalkingDebt wrote:
Same.
There's also another form related to the deposit that isn't scholarship, I believe. I was just wondering if we got any follow up from Johann + Co.
There's the deposit, scholarship form, and Candidate Response form. I got receipt/confirmation after all of these. Didn't get any correspondence from admissions.

urbanist11

Silver

Post by urbanist11 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:08 am

Deposit is in - see you lovely folks in Chicago this fall!!! 8)

threatlevelmidnight

Bronze

Post by threatlevelmidnight » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:07 am

Finally made my deposit :D!!!

James.K.Polk

Silver

Post by James.K.Polk » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:07 pm

threatlevelmidnight wrote:Finally made my deposit :D!!!
8) 8)

Welcome aboard!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”