Duke Law Class of 2019 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

When are you moving to Durham/Are you interested in a TLS meet-up before classes start?

Already here, baby
9%
May
2%
June
4%
July
4%
August
25%
Haven't figured it out yet
4%
Never. I'm not going to Duke, I just wanted to assert my right to vote
16%
Yes
27%
No
7%
Maybe
2%

Total votes: 55

lolRCscrewyou

Bronze

Re: Duke Law Class of 2019

Post by lolRCscrewyou » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:47 pm

lymenheimer wrote:
lolRCscrewyou wrote:This thread is not popping. Let's get some conversation flowing! :D
How bout that food truck rodeo yesterday? I road my bike to the law school and it only took me 10 minutes (lol). Probably gonna ride around a bit tonight because the hills on my road kicked my ass. Anybody got thoughts for a bar meetup between now and move-in/anyone wanna grab drinks anytime soon? There's one microbrewery that I really like but it's closer to Raleigh.
Noted on the hills! I hear that Shooters is good, but it's more of a bar than a brewery.

lawschoolapplicant92

New

Post by lawschoolapplicant92 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:35 pm

lolRCscrewyou wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:
lolRCscrewyou wrote:This thread is not popping. Let's get some conversation flowing! :D
How bout that food truck rodeo yesterday? I road my bike to the law school and it only took me 10 minutes (lol). Probably gonna ride around a bit tonight because the hills on my road kicked my ass. Anybody got thoughts for a bar meetup between now and move-in/anyone wanna grab drinks anytime soon? There's one microbrewery that I really like but it's closer to Raleigh.
Noted on the hills! I hear that Shooters is good, but it's more of a bar than a brewery.
I veto Shooters if it's as grimy as it was during undergrad. Granted I have never been outside the hours of midnight and 2AM technically Sunday morning. Motorco gets my vote!

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:45 pm

lawschoolapplicant92 wrote:
lolRCscrewyou wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:
I veto Shooters if it's as grimy as it was during undergrad. Granted I have never been outside the hours of midnight and 2AM technically Sunday morning. Motorco gets my vote!
The microbrewery that I'm thinking of is called Gizmo. It's near Brier Creek but is definitely more into Raleigh. Motorco is also a good choice, though.

lolRCscrewyou

Bronze

Post by lolRCscrewyou » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:38 am

lymenheimer wrote:
lolRCscrewyou wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:
The microbrewery that I'm thinking of is called Gizmo. It's near Brier Creek but is definitely more into Raleigh. Motorco is also a good choice, though.
I guess the only way to determine which is the best is to go to all of them as soon as possible :lol:

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:06 pm

lolRCscrewyou wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:
I guess the only way to determine which is the best is to go to all of them as soon as possible :lol:
:idea: So...when do we start?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TLSDookie

New

Post by TLSDookie » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:42 pm

lymenheimer wrote:
lolRCscrewyou wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:
Shooters is the closest thing Durham has to a club, definitely not a bar or good if you want to be able to hear what people are saying.

Motorco is a good idea, and has other pretty solid bars on the same street like Surf Club/Fullsteam. I'd also suggest Bull McCabes, Alivias, and the tobacco district bars surrounding the Durham Bulls stadium as good places to check out.

Mostly just responding to get cc'd on bar night stuff. Gone vacationing in July but down to meet up after that.

BillClinton Jr

Bronze

Post by BillClinton Jr » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:42 pm

I'll be there the first week of August (6th or 7th) but I'm good with whatever

robidizzle

New

Post by robidizzle » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:20 pm

TLSDookie wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:
lolRCscrewyou wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:
Shooters is the closest thing Durham has to a club, definitely not a bar or good if you want to be able to hear what people are saying.

Motorco is a good idea, and has other pretty solid bars on the same street like Surf Club/Fullsteam. I'd also suggest Bull McCabes, Alivias, and the tobacco district bars surrounding the Durham Bulls stadium as good places to check out.

Mostly just responding to get cc'd on bar night stuff. Gone vacationing in July but down to meet up after that.
+1

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:18 pm

robidizzle wrote:
TLSDookie wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:
lolRCscrewyou wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:

+1
Noted
BillClinton Jr wrote:I'll be there the first week of August (6th or 7th) but I'm good with whatever
Noted

I'm trying to figure out my work schedule over the next couple of weeks so i can plan evening events. Will keep you all in the loop for invitation

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

robidizzle

New

Post by robidizzle » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:32 pm

lymenheimer wrote:
robidizzle wrote:
TLSDookie wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:
lolRCscrewyou wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:

+1
Noted
BillClinton Jr wrote:I'll be there the first week of August (6th or 7th) but I'm good with whatever
Noted

I'm trying to figure out my work schedule over the next couple of weeks so i can plan evening events. Will keep you all in the loop for invitation
Even though the fb page is even more dead than here, does anyone want to be the one to break the silence and see if non TLS-ers would wanna join?

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:38 pm

Lol. Whats a "non tlser"? :lol:

Good try with getting someone to out themselves though

BillClinton Jr

Bronze

Post by BillClinton Jr » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:14 pm

lymenheimer wrote:Lol. Whats a "non tlser"? :lol:

+1

robidizzle

New

Post by robidizzle » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:25 pm

Lol I'll out myself if we actually organize something!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lolRCscrewyou

Bronze

Post by lolRCscrewyou » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:00 pm

robidizzle wrote:

Lol I'll out myself if we actually organize something!
We could also try to do something the Friday after orientation, before the storm that is law school really begins

bluedot

New

Post by bluedot » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:42 am

Hi, checking in a little late here.
Did you all get the parking permit? I checked Duke Flexport, and it seems like blue and green zone permits are not available(?)...

grades??

Silver

Post by grades?? » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:54 am

bluedot wrote:Hi, checking in a little late here.
Did you all get the parking permit? I checked Duke Flexport, and it seems like blue and green zone permits are not available(?)...
You wont be able to buy one until late july

bluedot

New

Post by bluedot » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:21 am

grades?? wrote:
bluedot wrote:Hi, checking in a little late here.
You wont be able to buy one until late july
Sorry about that haha. Thanks for the information!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lolRCscrewyou

Bronze

Post by lolRCscrewyou » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:26 pm

Looking at parking passes and wondering if it's worth it to buy one (maybe not for the daytime, but to get parking privileges after 5pm and on weekends in the law parking lot). What are you all planning on doing?

grades??

Silver

Post by grades?? » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:31 pm

2 L here. Just FYI- the parking is the single worst thing about Duke. The parking purchasing system has been down for a week and 3ls are still trying to purchase passes. Unfortunately a parking pass is a necessity unless you are living at the two apartment complexes within walking distance.

Also, last year the parking people shut 50% of the law school's nighttime parking privileges down. It took me 4 months, 5 in person trips and phone calls with Deans to finally get my nighttime access back.

Upshot- be prepared for headaches with the parking situation and also the parking people. They are incompetent and they will not try to help you.

lawschoolapplicant92

New

Post by lawschoolapplicant92 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:42 pm

When/where do we get our DukeCards? Also can someone who has registered their vehicle in NC explain what we need? I've already got my NC license, not clear on what I need for registration.

robidizzle

New

Post by robidizzle » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:51 pm

lawschoolapplicant92 wrote:When/where do we get our DukeCards? Also can someone who has registered their vehicle in NC explain what we need? I've already got my NC license, not clear on what I need for registration.
I know you can submit a pic of yourself online and pick up your Duke id at orientation

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lawschooli

New

Post by lawschooli » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:52 am

Is it better to get a green or blue parking permit? Like which lot is closer to the law school/typically has more spots open?

Serett

Post by Serett » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:24 pm

lawschooli wrote:Is it better to get a green or blue parking permit? Like which lot is closer to the law school/typically has more spots open?
For the most part, they're comparable. But if you show up after 9ish, the green lots that likely still have room will be farther from the law school than the blue lots. Most people don't find that worth the price differential and go green.

LittleGiants16

New

Post by LittleGiants16 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:33 pm

So, does anyone know when we find out our class schedule and book requirements? I'd like to get those purchased sooner rather than later!

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:49 pm

LittleGiants16 wrote:So, does anyone know when we find out our class schedule and book requirements? I'd like to get those purchased sooner rather than later!
Closer to orientation. Info said first couple weeks of august. As far as exact date...very good question

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”