Harvard C/O 2019

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

What section are you in?

1 (AKA THE BEST)
18%
13%
16%
16%
13%
11%
13%

Total votes: 55

texasellewoods

Re: Harvard C/O 2019

Postby texasellewoods » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:20 pm

JedBartlet2016 wrote:
texasellewoods wrote:Is anyone coming with an SO/family?

Do you mean for ASW or in August?

For ASW, my partner and I decided it would be better to plan an alternative trip for us to visit Cambridge together, as ASW seems like a good opportunity for me to meet future classmates. We are planning to move together in August and will be starting the apartment search soon.

I was mainly talking about ASW, I assumed if you brought them to that they would most likely be coming with you in the fall!
I want to bring mine since time to make a separate trip is somewhat limited and he will (hopefully) be looking at med schools in the area for next year - but I'm also a bit concerned he will just be wandering around Boston waiting on me. I value his opinion a lot and I'm asking him to follow me where I go to school (not to mention take on $93742938 of debt), so it seems like he deserves to see the city.

jetsfan1

Postby jetsfan1 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:33 pm

texasellewoods wrote:
JedBartlet2016 wrote:

For ASW, my partner and I decided it would be better to plan an alternative trip for us to visit Cambridge together, as ASW seems like a good opportunity for me to meet future classmates. We are planning to move together in August and will be starting the apartment search soon.

I was mainly talking about ASW, I assumed if you brought them to that they would most likely be coming with you in the fall!
I want to bring mine since time to make a separate trip is somewhat limited and he will (hopefully) be looking at med schools in the area for next year - but I'm also a bit concerned he will just be wandering around Boston waiting on me. I value his opinion a lot and I'm asking him to follow me where I go to school (not to mention take on $93742938 of debt), so it seems like he deserves to see the city.

I mean you know Warner better than anyone (see what I did there? :D ) but I think maybe he would enjoy it? Maybe it's just me but I love just taking days to wander around cities. You end up finding/doing some pretty interesting things.

texasellewoods

Postby texasellewoods » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:46 pm

jetsfan1 wrote:
texasellewoods wrote:
JedBartlet2016 wrote:

I mean you know Warner better than anyone (see what I did there? :D ) but I think maybe he would enjoy it? Maybe it's just me but I love just taking days to wander around cities. You end up finding/doing some pretty interesting things.

Don't you ever say that name to me again. We may have spent 4 amazing hours in the hot tub together after winter formal, but I am so over it.

jetsfan1

Postby jetsfan1 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:53 pm

texasellewoods wrote:
jetsfan1 wrote:
texasellewoods wrote:
JedBartlet2016 wrote:

Don't you ever say that name to me again. We may have spent 4 amazing hours in the hot tub together after winter formal, but I am so over it.

:D :D :D

ETA: Hope that wasn't somehow taken in the wrong way :| just, you know, you see a way to make a legally blonde joke/reference it's hard to pass up! Haha

Aragorn

Postby Aragorn » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:19 pm

texasellewoods wrote:
JedBartlet2016 wrote:

It does say on the admitted students page: "If there is someone who will be an active participant in your law school experience, he or she may attend portions of the weekend."

I think they will at least get some feeling for the area/the school/the people who will attend. Also, if enough people bring SOs, they can get to know each other and find out dirty secrets of our classmates :wink:

slippin_jimmy

Postby slippin_jimmy » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:38 pm

I think my admission has been rescinded. Any time I try to log in to the linked ASW website from the previous page with my ID/PIN, nothing happens.

There can be no other explanation.

curious bobcat

Postby curious bobcat » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:22 pm

slippin_jimmy wrote:I think my admission has been rescinded. Any time I try to log in to the linked ASW website from the previous page with my ID/PIN, nothing happens.

They're sending a warning shot for your half-hearted check-in on page one.

slippin_jimmy

Postby slippin_jimmy » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:25 pm

curious bobcat wrote:
slippin_jimmy wrote:I think my admission has been rescinded. Any time I try to log in to the linked ASW website from the previous page with my ID/PIN, nothing happens.

They're sending a warning shot for your half-hearted check-in on page one.

I'M SCURRED OF CRUSHING DEBT.

But seriously, I reset my pin today and still can't get in.

cantorb

Postby cantorb » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:27 pm

slippin_jimmy wrote:I'M SCURRED OF CRUSHING DEBT.

That's why you should go to Harvard.

slippin_jimmy

Postby slippin_jimmy » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:44 pm

But actually, any ideas why I'm unable to get in the site? I'd kind of like to see some ASW details, considering I booked tickets.

cantorb

Postby cantorb » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:04 pm

slippin_jimmy wrote:But actually, any ideas why I'm unable to get in the site? I'd kind of like to see some ASW details, considering I booked tickets.

Call them.

texasellewoods

Postby texasellewoods » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:12 pm

jetsfan1 wrote:
texasellewoods wrote:
jetsfan1 wrote:

:D :D :D

ETA: Hope that wasn't somehow taken in the wrong way :| just, you know, you see a way to make a legally blonde joke/reference it's hard to pass up! Haha

Hahahhaa not at all!! I live for references like these

slippin_jimmy

Postby slippin_jimmy » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:27 pm

cantorb wrote:
slippin_jimmy wrote:But actually, any ideas why I'm unable to get in the site? I'd kind of like to see some ASW details, considering I booked tickets.

Call them.

Get out of here with your logic!

texasellewoods

Postby texasellewoods » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:09 pm

Ive heard a lot about the Hammie/Ruby vs Harvard, but is the NYU Vanderbilt scholarship considered "competition" for Harvard?

Queerdo

Postby Queerdo » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:01 pm

Checking in. Got my JS2 today.

cantorb

Postby cantorb » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:04 pm

Queerdo wrote:Checking in. Got my JS2 today.

Congrats!!

TLS can wait - go celebrate with family and friends :lol:

Queerdo

Postby Queerdo » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:08 pm

cantorb wrote:

Congrats!!

Must..prove...not...a troll...

mdnyc

Postby mdnyc » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:27 pm

Checking in!

Queerdo wrote:
cantorb wrote:

Congrats!!

Must..prove...not...a troll...

Sorry about that...I think the wait made us all a little crazy. :oops:

Bearlyalive

Postby Bearlyalive » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:10 pm

Che-cking IN. Wow that feels satisfying to say :D

Hello everyone!

mollywood

Postby mollywood » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:12 pm

Also checking in. I feel like I could die of happiness, but if I die I don't get to go to Harvard, so I guess I'll hang in there.

maracuya

Postby maracuya » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:19 pm

Last edited by maracuya on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jtg21

Postby jtg21 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:24 pm

Checking in! Anyone else feel like they are dreaming? By the way, it was so awesome to watch all of you get in today. Congrats again!

Hildegard15

Postby Hildegard15 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:23 pm

cantorb

Postby cantorb » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:02 pm

Hildegard15 wrote:Image

Really tempting to post a gif of Cersei's walk of shame... :twisted:

Hildegard15

Postby Hildegard15 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:17 am

cantorb wrote:
Great job on the OP, and do not let Hilde take over the polls when she gets accepted.

Humph. :evil:

Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”