Harvard C/O 2019

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

What section are you in?

1 (AKA THE BEST)
10
18%
2
7
13%
3
9
16%
4
9
16%
5
7
13%
6
6
11%
7
7
13%
 
Total votes: 55

User avatar
texasellewoods
Posts: 398
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:29 am

Re: Harvard C/O 2019

Postby texasellewoods » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:20 pm

JedBartlet2016 wrote:
texasellewoods wrote:Is anyone coming with an SO/family?


Do you mean for ASW or in August?

For ASW, my partner and I decided it would be better to plan an alternative trip for us to visit Cambridge together, as ASW seems like a good opportunity for me to meet future classmates. We are planning to move together in August and will be starting the apartment search soon.


I was mainly talking about ASW, I assumed if you brought them to that they would most likely be coming with you in the fall!
I want to bring mine since time to make a separate trip is somewhat limited and he will (hopefully) be looking at med schools in the area for next year - but I'm also a bit concerned he will just be wandering around Boston waiting on me. I value his opinion a lot and I'm asking him to follow me where I go to school (not to mention take on $93742938 of debt), so it seems like he deserves to see the city.

User avatar
jetsfan1
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Re: Harvard C/O 2019

Postby jetsfan1 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:33 pm

texasellewoods wrote:
JedBartlet2016 wrote:
texasellewoods wrote:Is anyone coming with an SO/family?


Do you mean for ASW or in August?

For ASW, my partner and I decided it would be better to plan an alternative trip for us to visit Cambridge together, as ASW seems like a good opportunity for me to meet future classmates. We are planning to move together in August and will be starting the apartment search soon.


I was mainly talking about ASW, I assumed if you brought them to that they would most likely be coming with you in the fall!
I want to bring mine since time to make a separate trip is somewhat limited and he will (hopefully) be looking at med schools in the area for next year - but I'm also a bit concerned he will just be wandering around Boston waiting on me. I value his opinion a lot and I'm asking him to follow me where I go to school (not to mention take on $93742938 of debt), so it seems like he deserves to see the city.


I mean you know Warner better than anyone (see what I did there? :D ) but I think maybe he would enjoy it? Maybe it's just me but I love just taking days to wander around cities. You end up finding/doing some pretty interesting things.

User avatar
texasellewoods
Posts: 398
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:29 am

Re: Harvard C/O 2019

Postby texasellewoods » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:46 pm

jetsfan1 wrote:
texasellewoods wrote:
JedBartlet2016 wrote:
texasellewoods wrote:Is anyone coming with an SO/family?


Do you mean for ASW or in August?

For ASW, my partner and I decided it would be better to plan an alternative trip for us to visit Cambridge together, as ASW seems like a good opportunity for me to meet future classmates. We are planning to move together in August and will be starting the apartment search soon.


I was mainly talking about ASW, I assumed if you brought them to that they would most likely be coming with you in the fall!
I want to bring mine since time to make a separate trip is somewhat limited and he will (hopefully) be looking at med schools in the area for next year - but I'm also a bit concerned he will just be wandering around Boston waiting on me. I value his opinion a lot and I'm asking him to follow me where I go to school (not to mention take on $93742938 of debt), so it seems like he deserves to see the city.


I mean you know Warner better than anyone (see what I did there? :D ) but I think maybe he would enjoy it? Maybe it's just me but I love just taking days to wander around cities. You end up finding/doing some pretty interesting things.


Don't you ever say that name to me again. We may have spent 4 amazing hours in the hot tub together after winter formal, but I am so over it.

User avatar
jetsfan1
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Re: Harvard C/O 2019

Postby jetsfan1 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:53 pm

texasellewoods wrote:
jetsfan1 wrote:
texasellewoods wrote:
JedBartlet2016 wrote:
texasellewoods wrote:Is anyone coming with an SO/family?


Do you mean for ASW or in August?

For ASW, my partner and I decided it would be better to plan an alternative trip for us to visit Cambridge together, as ASW seems like a good opportunity for me to meet future classmates. We are planning to move together in August and will be starting the apartment search soon.


I was mainly talking about ASW, I assumed if you brought them to that they would most likely be coming with you in the fall!
I want to bring mine since time to make a separate trip is somewhat limited and he will (hopefully) be looking at med schools in the area for next year - but I'm also a bit concerned he will just be wandering around Boston waiting on me. I value his opinion a lot and I'm asking him to follow me where I go to school (not to mention take on $93742938 of debt), so it seems like he deserves to see the city.


I mean you know Warner better than anyone (see what I did there? :D ) but I think maybe he would enjoy it? Maybe it's just me but I love just taking days to wander around cities. You end up finding/doing some pretty interesting things.


Don't you ever say that name to me again. We may have spent 4 amazing hours in the hot tub together after winter formal, but I am so over it.


:D :D :D

ETA: Hope that wasn't somehow taken in the wrong way :| just, you know, you see a way to make a legally blonde joke/reference it's hard to pass up! Haha

User avatar
Aragorn
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:56 am

Re: Harvard C/O 2019

Postby Aragorn » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:19 pm

texasellewoods wrote:
JedBartlet2016 wrote:
texasellewoods wrote:Is anyone coming with an SO/family?


Do you mean for ASW or in August?

For ASW, my partner and I decided it would be better to plan an alternative trip for us to visit Cambridge together, as ASW seems like a good opportunity for me to meet future classmates. We are planning to move together in August and will be starting the apartment search soon.


I was mainly talking about ASW, I assumed if you brought them to that they would most likely be coming with you in the fall!
I want to bring mine since time to make a separate trip is somewhat limited and he will (hopefully) be looking at med schools in the area for next year - but I'm also a bit concerned he will just be wandering around Boston waiting on me. I value his opinion a lot and I'm asking him to follow me where I go to school (not to mention take on $93742938 of debt), so it seems like he deserves to see the city.


It does say on the admitted students page: "If there is someone who will be an active participant in your law school experience, he or she may attend portions of the weekend."

I think they will at least get some feeling for the area/the school/the people who will attend. Also, if enough people bring SOs, they can get to know each other and find out dirty secrets of our classmates :wink:

User avatar
slippin_jimmy
Posts: 1957
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:15 pm

Re: Harvard C/O 2019

Postby slippin_jimmy » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:38 pm

I think my admission has been rescinded. Any time I try to log in to the linked ASW website from the previous page with my ID/PIN, nothing happens.

There can be no other explanation.

User avatar
curious bobcat
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:46 pm

Re: Harvard C/O 2019

Postby curious bobcat » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:22 pm

slippin_jimmy wrote:I think my admission has been rescinded. Any time I try to log in to the linked ASW website from the previous page with my ID/PIN, nothing happens.

There can be no other explanation.


They're sending a warning shot for your half-hearted check-in on page one.

User avatar
slippin_jimmy
Posts: 1957
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:15 pm

Re: Harvard C/O 2019

Postby slippin_jimmy » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:25 pm

curious bobcat wrote:
slippin_jimmy wrote:I think my admission has been rescinded. Any time I try to log in to the linked ASW website from the previous page with my ID/PIN, nothing happens.

There can be no other explanation.


They're sending a warning shot for your half-hearted check-in on page one.


I'M SCURRED OF CRUSHING DEBT.


But seriously, I reset my pin today and still can't get in.

User avatar
cantorb
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:58 am

Re: Harvard C/O 2019

Postby cantorb » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:27 pm

slippin_jimmy wrote:I'M SCURRED OF CRUSHING DEBT.


That's why you should go to Harvard.

User avatar
slippin_jimmy
Posts: 1957
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:15 pm

Re: Harvard C/O 2019

Postby slippin_jimmy » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:44 pm

But actually, any ideas why I'm unable to get in the site? I'd kind of like to see some ASW details, considering I booked tickets.

User avatar
cantorb
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:58 am

Re: Harvard C/O 2019

Postby cantorb » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:04 pm

slippin_jimmy wrote:But actually, any ideas why I'm unable to get in the site? I'd kind of like to see some ASW details, considering I booked tickets.


Call them.

User avatar
texasellewoods
Posts: 398
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:29 am

Re: Harvard C/O 2019

Postby texasellewoods » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:12 pm

jetsfan1 wrote:
texasellewoods wrote:
jetsfan1 wrote:
I mean you know Warner better than anyone (see what I did there? :D ) but I think maybe he would enjoy it? Maybe it's just me but I love just taking days to wander around cities. You end up finding/doing some pretty interesting things.


Don't you ever say that name to me again. We may have spent 4 amazing hours in the hot tub together after winter formal, but I am so over it.


:D :D :D

ETA: Hope that wasn't somehow taken in the wrong way :| just, you know, you see a way to make a legally blonde joke/reference it's hard to pass up! Haha



Hahahhaa not at all!! I live for references like these

User avatar
slippin_jimmy
Posts: 1957
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:15 pm

Re: Harvard C/O 2019

Postby slippin_jimmy » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:27 pm

cantorb wrote:
slippin_jimmy wrote:But actually, any ideas why I'm unable to get in the site? I'd kind of like to see some ASW details, considering I booked tickets.


Call them.


Get out of here with your logic!

User avatar
texasellewoods
Posts: 398
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:29 am

Re: Harvard C/O 2019

Postby texasellewoods » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:09 pm

Ive heard a lot about the Hammie/Ruby vs Harvard, but is the NYU Vanderbilt scholarship considered "competition" for Harvard?

User avatar
Queerdo
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:26 pm

Re: Harvard C/O 2019

Postby Queerdo » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:01 pm

Checking in. Got my JS2 today.

User avatar
cantorb
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:58 am

Re: Harvard C/O 2019

Postby cantorb » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:04 pm

Queerdo wrote:Checking in. Got my JS2 today.


Congrats!!

TLS can wait - go celebrate with family and friends :lol:

User avatar
Queerdo
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:26 pm

Re: Harvard C/O 2019

Postby Queerdo » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:08 pm

cantorb wrote:
Queerdo wrote:Checking in. Got my JS2 today.


Congrats!!

TLS can wait - go celebrate with family and friends :lol:
Must..prove...not...a troll...

User avatar
mdnyc
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:31 pm

Re: Harvard C/O 2019

Postby mdnyc » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:27 pm

Checking in!

Queerdo wrote:
cantorb wrote:
Queerdo wrote:Checking in. Got my JS2 today.


Congrats!!

TLS can wait - go celebrate with family and friends :lol:
Must..prove...not...a troll...


Sorry about that...I think the wait made us all a little crazy. :oops:

User avatar
Bearlyalive
Posts: 929
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Harvard C/O 2019

Postby Bearlyalive » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:10 pm

Che-cking IN. Wow that feels satisfying to say :D

Hello everyone!

User avatar
mollywood
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:43 am

Re: Harvard C/O 2019

Postby mollywood » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:12 pm

Also checking in. I feel like I could die of happiness, but if I die I don't get to go to Harvard, so I guess I'll hang in there.

User avatar
maracuya
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:45 pm

Re: Harvard C/O 2019

Postby maracuya » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:19 pm

.
Last edited by maracuya on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jtg21
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:53 pm

Re: Harvard C/O 2019

Postby jtg21 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:24 pm

Checking in! Anyone else feel like they are dreaming? By the way, it was so awesome to watch all of you get in today. Congrats again!

User avatar
Hildegard15
Posts: 2158
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:26 pm

Re: Harvard C/O 2019

Postby Hildegard15 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:23 pm

Image

User avatar
cantorb
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:58 am

Re: Harvard C/O 2019

Postby cantorb » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:02 pm

Hildegard15 wrote:Image


Really tempting to post a gif of Cersei's walk of shame... :twisted:

User avatar
Hildegard15
Posts: 2158
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:26 pm

Re: Harvard C/O 2019

Postby Hildegard15 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:17 am

cantorb wrote:
Great job on the OP, and do not let Hilde take over the polls when she gets accepted.


Humph. :evil:


Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest