Columbia Law Class of 2019

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

When are you getting here?

July
1
5%
August 1-August 4
3
14%
August 5-9
6
27%
August 10-August 15
12
55%
 
Total votes: 22

User avatar
Nebby
amateur huffpo
Posts: 30511
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2019

Postby Nebby » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:55 pm

Bearlyalive wrote:
Nebby wrote:Everyone who is moved in: go get the lunch special at Amir's and thank me later


Sundays only or any day?

Any day

pittsburghpirates
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 11:38 am

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2019

Postby pittsburghpirates » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:45 pm

LifeGoals wrote:Moved in today. What's everyone who's moved in been doing so far?


Also mostly just chilling but will probably try to explore the area more this week. Looks like there's plenty of good places to eat and get a drink!

User avatar
benwyatt
Posts: 5941
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:38 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2019

Postby benwyatt » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:45 pm

Nebby wrote:Everyone who is moved in: go get the lunch special at Amir's and thank me later

Don't tell me what to do

joe1993
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:56 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2019

Postby joe1993 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:27 pm

Anyone know whether Dodge (gym) is open to us yet?

magneticfields
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:54 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2019

Postby magneticfields » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:33 pm

joe1993 wrote:Anyone know whether Dodge (gym) is open to us yet?


I haven't tried this- but I did try getting my ID card, and they told me noooooo way. Have to wait to Monday.

User avatar
somethingElse
Posts: 3905
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:09 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2019

Postby somethingElse » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:49 pm

joe1993 wrote:Anyone know whether Dodge (gym) is open to us yet?


It's closed until Monday (the 15th) anyways.

KobetheGOAT
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2019

Postby KobetheGOAT » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:44 pm

Anyone else having the dilemma of whether to buy a MacBook now or wait until the new one comes out? Obviously the con of waiting being that the switch would have to be made during the semester at some point...a big part of me thinks this might be a bad idea haha thoughts?

User avatar
Nebby
amateur huffpo
Posts: 30511
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2019

Postby Nebby » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:52 pm

KobetheGOAT wrote:Anyone else having the dilemma of whether to buy a MacBook now or wait until the new one comes out? Obviously the con of waiting being that the switch would have to be made during the semester at some point...a big part of me thinks this might be a bad idea haha thoughts?

Unless you're 65 years old, you should be able to make the switch mid Semester

User avatar
CerealMilk
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:00 am

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2019

Postby CerealMilk » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:32 am

For anyone not living in a building with a front desk do you know how packages work? Do they deliver like in normal apartments or do you have to send it to/pick it up at a mail center? Thanks!

User avatar
MCFC
Posts: 9699
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2019

Postby MCFC » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:49 am

CerealMilk wrote:For anyone not living in a building with a front desk do you know how packages work? Do they deliver like in normal apartments or do you have to send it to/pick it up at a mail center? Thanks!

I lived in a building with no front desk. They just left packages in front of the mailboxes, or actually delivered them to your individual apartment, depending on the carrier.

LifeGoals
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 12:36 am

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2019

Postby LifeGoals » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:32 am

CerealMilk wrote:For anyone not living in a building with a front desk do you know how packages work? Do they deliver like in normal apartments or do you have to send it to/pick it up at a mail center? Thanks!


They get left in the (secured) lobby or delivered to your door in my building. I haven't had any problems getting 6+ packages thus far.

User avatar
CerealMilk
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:00 am

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2019

Postby CerealMilk » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:39 am

LifeGoals wrote:
CerealMilk wrote:For anyone not living in a building with a front desk do you know how packages work? Do they deliver like in normal apartments or do you have to send it to/pick it up at a mail center? Thanks!


They get left in the (secured) lobby or delivered to your door in my building. I haven't had any problems getting 6+ packages thus far.


Thank you so much Lifegoals and MCFC!!

User avatar
ugg
Posts: 11723
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:30 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2019

Postby ugg » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:52 pm

Moved in!!!!!! There were a ton of ppl just hanging around in the law school today.. Is that you guys?

User avatar
Bearlyalive
Posts: 930
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2019

Postby Bearlyalive » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:33 pm

ugg wrote:Moved in!!!!!! There were a ton of ppl just hanging around in the law school today.. Is that you guys?


I was there for volunteer day! We all had lunch in Drapkin Lounge after it was done. Lots of fun, and best of all I had an assignment where the building had AC (my apartment still does not :cry: ).

User avatar
ugg
Posts: 11723
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:30 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2019

Postby ugg » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:28 pm

Bearlyalive wrote:
ugg wrote:Moved in!!!!!! There were a ton of ppl just hanging around in the law school today.. Is that you guys?


I was there for volunteer day! We all had lunch in Drapkin Lounge after it was done. Lots of fun, and best of all I had an assignment where the building had AC (my apartment still does not :cry: ).

Oh yeah, I missed it because of my 11am move in time today...

Anyone want to meet up this weekend for coffee or something

User avatar
frasier
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:24 am

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2019

Postby frasier » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:43 pm

Anyone who lives in 411 w115 know if the internet Columbia provides is supposed to be shit slow? Is this just the free offering, which we have to pay TimeWarner to upgrade if we want?

Anyone have experience paying for TW service in a Columbia building?

swangz
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:26 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2019

Postby swangz » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:06 pm

Anyone who lives in 411 w115 know if the internet Columbia provides is supposed to be shit slow? Is this just the free offering, which we have to pay TimeWarner to upgrade if we want?

Anyone have experience paying for TW service in a Columbia building?


Columbia's internet is pretty baller, at least in my building: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5552970238

User avatar
ugg
Posts: 11723
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:30 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2019

Postby ugg » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:17 pm

Tomorrow is the big day!

User avatar
benwyatt
Posts: 5941
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:38 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2019

Postby benwyatt » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:19 am

ugg wrote:Tomorrow is the big day!

Shit is something happening tomorrow?

User avatar
Bearlyalive
Posts: 930
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2019

Postby Bearlyalive » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:57 pm

Hope everyone had a great first day of orientation! Maybe I met some of you, even if we didn't know it!

User avatar
amta
Posts: 9422
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2019

Postby amta » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:36 pm

this is so exciting.

User avatar
TheKisSquared
Posts: 792
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:27 am

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2019

Postby TheKisSquared » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:40 pm

oh hai everyone. I sort of disappeared here because of life stuffffff
Anyone else have Bobbitt? (PM me if you want)

User avatar
ugg
Posts: 11723
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:30 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2019

Postby ugg » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:15 pm

So far, so good.

LifeGoals
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 12:36 am

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2019

Postby LifeGoals » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:00 am

legal methods is really funny. people take notes like they're recording the last records of human civilization before the Sun expands into red giant state and incinerates all of us, and yet (1) sovern talks slowly enough that I swear to god half of these people are writing more than he even says, and (2) i think he's just trying to get us to take in this nuanced way of thinking, not actually get us to memorize whether swift's bill of exchange would have been equivalent to cash if tyson had received an anal probe from a martian.

i am having fun though. columbia law is fun.

User avatar
ugg
Posts: 11723
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:30 pm

Re: Columbia Law Class of 2019

Postby ugg » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:01 am

LifeGoals wrote:legal methods is really funny. people take notes like they're recording the last records of human civilization before the Sun expands into red giant state and incinerates all of us, and yet (1) sovern talks slowly enough that I swear to god half of these people are writing more than he even says, and (2) i think he's just trying to get us to take in this nuanced way of thinking, not actually get us to memorize whether swift's bill of exchange would have been equivalent to cash if tyson had received an anal probe from a martian.

i am having fun though. columbia law is fun.


i feel you but everyone is NERVOUS. it's not shocking


Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest