Georgetown Law Class of 2019

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

Where did you end up?

Georgetown. DC is the center of everything in the country that matters, so of course I'm going to the best school in DC. Also, have you SEEN the student rec center?!
40
65%
UT. Texas is the center of everything in the country that matters, so of course I'm going to the best school in Texas.
2
3%
George Washington. Georgetown is great, but G-Dub is in Foggy Bottom and I'd like to eat at ShopHouse as often as humanly possible.
1
2%
Vanderbilt. Georgetown is too big, and I need to live in a city with actual barbecue.
2
3%
UCLA. I don't understand why people would voluntarily go to law school somewhere that has winter.
1
2%
Cornell. I want all of the prestige of Georgetown, but without all of that pesky cosmopolitan culture.
2
3%
Northwestern. I needed a school that was more business-minded, and also one that has buildings that don't remind me of the USSR.
2
3%
UVA. DC is great and all, but why live in DC when I can pay cost of living in Charlottesville for three years?
3
5%
Duke. Mike Krzyzewski. Jay Bilas. Sam Seaborn. Need I say more?
3
5%
Other. Congrats, tell us where you ended up!
6
10%
 
Total votes: 62

User avatar
ltbenn
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:45 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby ltbenn » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:17 pm

hammocklv06 wrote:I'm dying for section assignments to be posted....


+180

User avatar
thelincolnlawyer
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:33 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby thelincolnlawyer » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:37 pm

ltbenn wrote:
hammocklv06 wrote:I'm dying for section assignments to be posted....


+180


+2. They were posted or emailed June 18 last year and June 27 the year before.

User avatar
hammocklv06
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:18 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby hammocklv06 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:26 pm

thelincolnlawyer wrote:
ltbenn wrote:
hammocklv06 wrote:I'm dying for section assignments to be posted....


+180


+2. They were posted or emailed June 18 last year and June 27 the year before.

LOL I looked that up too... Almost went to c/o 2016 and stopped myself for sanity purposes...

Also, ltbenn, I didn't realize that you decided Gtown! Looking fwd to seeing you this fall! :)

Anonnonnon
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:43 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby Anonnonnon » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:36 am

Checking in! Where are yall thinking about living?

User avatar
darkchildnana
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:52 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby darkchildnana » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:11 am

Anonnonnon wrote:Checking in! Where are yall thinking about living?


I'm probably heading up to DC in 2/3 weeks to look at a few apartments. Looking mostly right around campus, a few apartment buildings are like 7-10 mins walking distance. I'm partial to 425 Mass but also looking at some nicer places like Gables City Vista. A friend of mine who just graduated lived at Avalon at Gallery Place and loved it.

rychellemarie
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby rychellemarie » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:42 pm

Section assignments are here! Log into the admitted students website and you should find them! yay!

User avatar
ltbenn
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:45 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby ltbenn » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:58 pm

rychellemarie wrote:Section assignments are here! Log into the admitted students website and you should find them! yay!


first off - thanks for the tip!

secondly - do we think the schedule stays the same from year-to-year? cuz I'm digging last year's schedule for my section... 8)

lawlzi
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:07 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby lawlzi » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:11 pm

ltbenn wrote:
rychellemarie wrote:Section assignments are here! Log into the admitted students website and you should find them! yay!


first off - thanks for the tip!

secondly - do we think the schedule stays the same from year-to-year? cuz I'm digging last year's schedule for my section... 8)

Though I really like last year's section schedule too, it doesn't look like they're stay the same from year to year ( Fall 2014 and Fall 2015 are different for my section)

User avatar
hammocklv06
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:18 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby hammocklv06 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:25 pm

Section 3!!!

rychellemarie
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby rychellemarie » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:55 pm

section 4 :D

IAS
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:37 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby IAS » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:18 pm

rychellemarie wrote:section 4 :D


Section 4 as well!

User avatar
ChristineBaskets
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby ChristineBaskets » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:39 pm

.
Last edited by ChristineBaskets on Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
NotoriousRBGJr.
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:53 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby NotoriousRBGJr. » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:10 pm

Since tuition is due in July, but loans and financial aid (from what I understand) are not disbursed until classes begin...how does this work?

User avatar
thelincolnlawyer
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:33 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby thelincolnlawyer » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:02 am

Section 4 what's really good. So this schedule posted is not actually correct?

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3770
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby Hand » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:08 am

Can confirm that section 4 is the best section except if you guys also have Katyal for Con Law

User avatar
thelincolnlawyer
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:33 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby thelincolnlawyer » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:14 am

Hand wrote:Can confirm that section 4 is the best section except if you guys also have Katyal for Con Law

It looks like they posted the exact schedule you guys had last year so I'm guessing it is not updated yet but I cannot confirm.

User avatar
UpstateXO
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:20 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby UpstateXO » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:03 pm

post removed.
Last edited by UpstateXO on Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thelincolnlawyer
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:33 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby thelincolnlawyer » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:16 pm

Did they take the section assignments down? It is no longer on the home page and I cannot find it anywhere else.

User avatar
ChristineBaskets
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby ChristineBaskets » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:25 pm

thelincolnlawyer wrote:Did they take the section assignments down? It is no longer on the home page and I cannot find it anywhere else.


I can't seem to find a way to access it from the home page, but this link worked for me:

http://apps.law.georgetown.edu/admitted ... ection.cfm

User avatar
thelincolnlawyer
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:33 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby thelincolnlawyer » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:26 am

ChristineBaskets wrote:I can't seem to find a way to access it from the home page, but this link worked for me:

http://apps.law.georgetown.edu/admitted ... ection.cfm

So I checked that link this morning around 8 and it worked but the schedule had been taken down. Now the link doesn't work for me either. Seems like they are having all kinds of issues. Hopefully they fix it soon so we can get an accurate list of professors.

User avatar
darkchildnana
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:52 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby darkchildnana » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:33 am

Am I the only moron that doesn't understand why we take 13 credits in the fall and 17 in the spring? / Would someone like to explain this to me?

IAS
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:37 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby IAS » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:35 am

thelincolnlawyer wrote:
ChristineBaskets wrote:I can't seem to find a way to access it from the home page, but this link worked for me:

http://apps.law.georgetown.edu/admitted ... ection.cfm

So I checked that link this morning around 8 and it worked but the schedule had been taken down. Now the link doesn't work for me either. Seems like they are having all kinds of issues. Hopefully they fix it soon so we can get an accurate list of professors.


Someone in the FB group apparently called the registrar this morning. They told him there was a glitch and that the proper assignments/schedules would be up today.

User avatar
hammocklv06
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:18 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby hammocklv06 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:53 am

IAS wrote:
thelincolnlawyer wrote:
ChristineBaskets wrote:I can't seem to find a way to access it from the home page, but this link worked for me:

http://apps.law.georgetown.edu/admitted ... ection.cfm

So I checked that link this morning around 8 and it worked but the schedule had been taken down. Now the link doesn't work for me either. Seems like they are having all kinds of issues. Hopefully they fix it soon so we can get an accurate list of professors.


Someone in the FB group apparently called the registrar this morning. They told him there was a glitch and that the proper assignments/schedules would be up today.

Seems likely. The link for the section page is down right now, so I would imagine they're working on a fix now.

rychellemarie
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby rychellemarie » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:40 pm

So do we think this means whichever section we were assigned to is/could be changing? That would really suck...

User avatar
thelincolnlawyer
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:33 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby thelincolnlawyer » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:21 pm

Schedules are up and active!


Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest