Georgetown Law Class of 2019

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2019)

Where did you end up?

Georgetown. DC is the center of everything in the country that matters, so of course I'm going to the best school in DC. Also, have you SEEN the student rec center?!
39
64%
UT. Texas is the center of everything in the country that matters, so of course I'm going to the best school in Texas.
2
3%
George Washington. Georgetown is great, but G-Dub is in Foggy Bottom and I'd like to eat at ShopHouse as often as humanly possible.
1
2%
Vanderbilt. Georgetown is too big, and I need to live in a city with actual barbecue.
2
3%
UCLA. I don't understand why people would voluntarily go to law school somewhere that has winter.
1
2%
Cornell. I want all of the prestige of Georgetown, but without all of that pesky cosmopolitan culture.
2
3%
Northwestern. I needed a school that was more business-minded, and also one that has buildings that don't remind me of the USSR.
2
3%
UVA. DC is great and all, but why live in DC when I can pay cost of living in Charlottesville for three years?
3
5%
Duke. Mike Krzyzewski. Jay Bilas. Sam Seaborn. Need I say more?
3
5%
Other. Congrats, tell us where you ended up!
6
10%
 
Total votes: 61

User avatar
darkchildnana
Posts: 277
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:52 pm

Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby darkchildnana » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:10 pm

Image
      Get information about Open Houses, Admitted Student Days, Financial Aid, and more HERE

We were getting a lot of chatter about financial aid, scholarships, and other general stuff in the acceptances and denials thread, so I figured now would be as good a time as any to get this thread up and going.

Many thanks to user Gray's excellent Class of 2018 Thread that I basically just copied and pasted, and for the beautiful banner!

Image



Facebook Group: Georgetown Law, Entering 2016


OPEN HOUSE FOR ADMITTED STUDENTS

From the email, "[The Open House] is a two-day event, meant to say "welcome" and to give
you a glimpse of life on our vibrant campus. Additional event
information on the Open House and how to R.S.V.P. is on the Admitted
Students Website under the "Meet Us" tab. The Open House is a
terrific way for us to meet you, and hopefully your parents and loved
ones too, and for you to meet your prospective future classmates."

The dates listed for the Open Houses for Admitted Students are as follows:

January 28-29
March 31-April 1

ADMITTED STUDENT DAYS

Admitted Student Days, offered through the Office of Admissions, will allow admitted applicants the opportunity to tour the Law Center campus with a current student, meet with Admissions and other departmental representatives, and observe a first-year law course. Admitted Student Days are ideal for those who are unable to make it to our January Open House for Admitted Students or March Open House for Admitted Students.

This year's Admitted Student Days will be hosted on the following Fridays:

February 5
February 26
March 18

April 8
April 22

IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES
Mid March
Financial Aid Application Deadline I
Admitted students may start the process of applying for financial aid by completing the 2016-2017 FAFSA and the Need Access Application once 2015 taxes are ready.
(Note: this is also likely around the time when Merit Scholarship decisions will start to trickle down the pipeline, so don't worry if you haven't received anything about those just yet)

May 2
First tuition deposit form & non-refundable fee due ($1,000)
Dean's Certification due
Official Final Transcript due

Students who graduate in Spring 2015 must have transcripts submitted by Monday, July 25th. If your degree will not be conferred by July 25th, please notify the Office of Admissions in writing immediately.

May 22
Housing Application & non-refundable Fee due ($150)

June 1
Second Tuition Deposit form & partially refundable fee ($1,500) OR OPTIONAL SECOND TUITION DEPOSIT WAIVER COMMITMENT FORM
International Student Visa Status Questionnaire due
Joint Degree Program Registration Form due

June 8
Deadline for partial refund of second Tuition Deposit
Written notification of withdrawal and request for refund must be emailed or mailed to the Office of Admissions. $750 refunded if received by June 10th.
No tuition deposits will be refunded for withdrawals after June 10th.

July 1
Immunization and Tuberculosis Screening Certificate due

July 25
Fall tuition due
Official Final Undergraduate Transcript due (Students who graduate in Spring 2015)

August 1
Request to miss all or part of the mandatory Registration & Orientation for First-Year JD students

Written requests to miss all or part of Georgetown's mandatory orientation and registration for incoming first-year JD students must be emailed to the Office of Admissions by August 1st. Approvals subject to approval by the Dean of Admissions.

Late August
Gewirz Student Center resident move-in

August 22- August 29
Mandatory Registration & Orientation for First-Year JD Students

August 29
First Day of Class!


POLLS FROM THE PAST!!

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Last edited by BirdLawExpert on Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:13 pm, edited 27 times in total.

User avatar
ugg
Posts: 11489
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:30 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby ugg » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:03 pm

checking in!

User avatar
OLitch
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:53 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby OLitch » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:24 pm

Hello, hello!

zhuoran92
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:44 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby zhuoran92 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:39 am

Hello Everyone!

User avatar
thelincolnlawyer
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:33 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby thelincolnlawyer » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:32 am

Checking in, glad to be here!

coffee247
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:06 pm

.

Postby coffee247 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:33 pm

.
Last edited by coffee247 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jumbo2016
Posts: 599
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby jumbo2016 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:24 pm

Checking in, planning on attending the February 26th open house!

User avatar
squirtlesquad14
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:36 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby squirtlesquad14 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:51 pm

Anyone else headed to the January open house?

CallMeEccentric
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:18 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby CallMeEccentric » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:00 am

squirtlesquad14 wrote:Anyone else headed to the January open house?


I am!!

evelynwaugh
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:20 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby evelynwaugh » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:51 am

Has anyone done any research on housing?

User avatar
BirdLawExpert
Posts: 3134
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby BirdLawExpert » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:36 am

CallMeEccentric wrote:
squirtlesquad14 wrote:Anyone else headed to the January open house?


I am!!


+2! Waiting to hear back about if I'm crashing with a student before I lock up an Airbnb.

User avatar
OLitch
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:53 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby OLitch » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:43 am

squirtlesquad14 wrote:Anyone else headed to the January open house?


I'll be there!

User avatar
squirtlesquad14
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:36 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby squirtlesquad14 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:02 pm

BirdLawExpert wrote:
CallMeEccentric wrote:
squirtlesquad14 wrote:Anyone else headed to the January open house?


I am!!


+2! Waiting to hear back about if I'm crashing with a student before I lock up an Airbnb.


Nice! I'm coming up for a week, so ended up just grabbing a hotel (found a room for $125/night near farragut square). Totally forgot about Airbnb though, I'll have to remember that for coming back in the summer to apartment hunt.

User avatar
ltbenn
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:45 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby ltbenn » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:31 pm

can't come to asw cuz I leave overseas - but when work brought me to dc, decided to swing by campus - my efforts were well rewarded:
viewtopic.php?p=9072886#p9072782


Image

User avatar
BirdLawExpert
Posts: 3134
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby BirdLawExpert » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:27 pm

squirtlesquad14 wrote:Nice! I'm coming up for a week, so ended up just grabbing a hotel (found a room for $125/night near farragut square). Totally forgot about Airbnb though, I'll have to remember that for coming back in the summer to apartment hunt.


Solid plan. Airbnb in DC has been pretty good the few times I've used it, but it can get pretty expensive per night close to GULC.

User avatar
jumbo2016
Posts: 599
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby jumbo2016 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:03 pm

Just met with a 1L in my area and it significantly raised my Georgetown hype!

coffee247
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:06 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby coffee247 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:56 pm

Anyone else not finding the "your credentials" link on the admitted students website to generate a GU NetID? Trying to get the ball rolling on the financial aid application.

User avatar
Willie Beamen
Posts: 8214
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:45 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby Willie Beamen » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:37 pm

Checking in!
Last edited by Willie Beamen on Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

counttoten
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:55 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby counttoten » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:49 am

People who have RSVPed yes to the January Open House: are you also receiving all these reminders to RSVP? I received the automated confirmation after I registered; just curious if they're sending these emails to all admits or if my registration somehow didn't go through.

User avatar
jumbo2016
Posts: 599
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby jumbo2016 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:54 am

counttoten wrote:People who have RSVPed yes to the January Open House: are you also receiving all these reminders to RSVP? I received the automated confirmation after I registered; just curious if they're sending these emails to all admits or if my registration somehow didn't go through.


I RSVPed no and got a confirmation and I'm still receiving all the emails. They're probably sending them to everyone

User avatar
thelincolnlawyer
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:33 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby thelincolnlawyer » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:34 pm

jumbo2016 wrote: I RSVPed no and got a confirmation and I'm still receiving all the emails. They're probably sending them to everyone

+1

User avatar
BirdLawExpert
Posts: 3134
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby BirdLawExpert » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:32 pm

coffee247 wrote:Anyone else not finding the "your credentials" link on the admitted students website to generate a GU NetID? Trying to get the ball rolling on the financial aid application.


Not sure what exactly you're looking for? I went through all of the links and didn't see anything like that. :?

coffee247
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:06 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby coffee247 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:38 pm

BirdLawExpert wrote:
coffee247 wrote:Anyone else not finding the "your credentials" link on the admitted students website to generate a GU NetID? Trying to get the ball rolling on the financial aid application.


Not sure what exactly you're looking for? I went through all of the links and didn't see anything like that. :?


I read the instructions for completing the financial aid application process. We have to generate a GU NetID in order to complete the "yellow application form." It says we'll find a link on the right side of the admitted students website called "your credentials" to generate the NetID. My guess is it isn't available yet..because I, too, don't see it. Thank you for trying!

cdavis1024
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:52 pm

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby cdavis1024 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:05 pm

:D
Last edited by cdavis1024 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
zyxwvut2
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:40 am

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2019

Postby zyxwvut2 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:57 am

coffee247 wrote:
BirdLawExpert wrote:
coffee247 wrote:Anyone else not finding the "your credentials" link on the admitted students website to generate a GU NetID? Trying to get the ball rolling on the financial aid application.


Not sure what exactly you're looking for? I went through all of the links and didn't see anything like that. :?


I read the instructions for completing the financial aid application process. We have to generate a GU NetID in order to complete the "yellow application form." It says we'll find a link on the right side of the admitted students website called "your credentials" to generate the NetID. My guess is it isn't available yet..because I, too, don't see it. Thank you for trying!


Has anyone reached out to the admissions people to get clarification on this? The credentials link doesn't exist anywhere as far as I can tell and the 4 minute how to video doesn't load either. I would really like to this stuff submitted A$AP :P

link in question: http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admissions-financial-aid/office-of-financial-aid/apply/New-JD.cfm


Return to “TLS Class of 2019 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest