-

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
clshopeful
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:15 pm

-

Postby clshopeful » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:41 am

-
Last edited by clshopeful on Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KMart
Posts: 4369
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Re: How Do You Think You Did?

Postby KMart » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:56 am

:lol:

clshopeful
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:15 pm

Re: How Do You Think You Did?

Postby clshopeful » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:58 am

KMart wrote::lol:


Don't try to convince me you don't predict your grades

User avatar
KMart
Posts: 4369
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Re: How Do You Think You Did?

Postby KMart » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:03 am

clshopeful wrote:
KMart wrote::lol:


Don't try to convince me you don't predict your grades

I'm not sure I can. Law school is really different with the curve.

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 28432
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: How Do You Think You Did?

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:10 am

clshopeful wrote:
KMart wrote::lol:


Don't try to convince me you don't predict your grades

I didn't. I had no idea how I did. See: curve.

Winter is Coming
Posts: 391
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:51 am

Re: How Do You Think You Did?

Postby Winter is Coming » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:37 am

Go drink beers and have fun, you can't know how you did first semester. That's the fun of law school grades.

For example, I CALI'ed my CivPro class getting 8 (out of 20) multiple choice right--everyone else did worse. I got a B in my crim class that I though I did well in but missed like 50 issues.

User avatar
cannibal ox
Posts: 4052
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: How Do You Think You Did?

Postby cannibal ox » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:40 am

Tagging this disaster waiting to happen.

User avatar
Kinky John
Posts: 1128
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: How Do You Think You Did?

Postby Kinky John » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:30 pm

cannibal ox wrote:Tagging this disaster waiting to happen.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2860
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: How Do You Think You Did?

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:33 pm

guaranteed 4.0 no chance i did any worse

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2860
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: How Do You Think You Did?

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:34 pm

clshopeful wrote:for example, question 1 was 30 minutes, I was done in 16...question 2 was 55 minutes, I was done in 35...
Contracts:[per my anxiety] B/B+


lol

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3472
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: How Do You Think You Did?

Postby ManoftheHour » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:35 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
clshopeful wrote:for example, question 1 was 30 minutes, I was done in 16...question 2 was 55 minutes, I was done in 35...
Contracts:[per my anxiety] B/B+


lol

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3472
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: How Do You Think You Did?

Postby ManoftheHour » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:36 pm

Guys, you just finished your first semester. Congrats. Let it go. Go hang out with friends and enjoy your holiday.

User avatar
Kinky John
Posts: 1128
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: How Do You Think You Did?

Postby Kinky John » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:38 pm

clshopeful's girlfriend said "ok fine, 30 minutes tops" and he finished in 5

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3769
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: How Do You Think You Did?

Postby Hand » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:55 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
clshopeful wrote:for example, question 1 was 30 minutes, I was done in 16...question 2 was 55 minutes, I was done in 35...
Contracts:[per my anxiety] B/B+


lol

User avatar
barkschool
Posts: 905
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:05 am

Re: How Do You Think You Did?

Postby barkschool » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:20 pm

Kinky John wrote:clshopeful's girlfriend said "ok fine, 30 minutes tops" and he finished in 5

User avatar
carmensandiego
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:23 am

Re: How Do You Think You Did?

Postby carmensandiego » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:00 pm

this forum is a terrible idea. stop festering and start festive-ing like you god damn should be.

User avatar
RareExports
Posts: 686
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:12 pm

Re: How Do You Think You Did?

Postby RareExports » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:22 pm

Somewhere between top in class and second-to-worst in class. :roll:

clshopeful
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:15 pm

Re: How Do You Think You Did?

Postby clshopeful » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:24 pm

Basically came to realize that If I'm not top 10% my life is actually over.... Need to transfer out of ttt; feel so confident right now and put in so much work that If I'm not top 10, there's no way I will be in the future. Gave the semester everything I have. Couldn't have paid closer attention or been a better student. Literally worked twice as hard compared to any of my 3.9 semesters in undergrad.

User avatar
heythatslife
Posts: 1149
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:18 pm

Re: How Do You Think You Did?

Postby heythatslife » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:51 pm

clshopeful wrote:Basically came to realize that If I'm not top 10% my life is actually over.... Need to transfer out of ttt; feel so confident right now and put in so much work that If I'm not top 10, there's no way I will be in the future. Gave the semester everything I have. Couldn't have paid closer attention or been a better student. Literally worked twice as hard compared to any of my 3.9 semesters in undergrad.


I believe in the OP. His hard work will pay off

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 736
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: How Do You Think You Did?

Postby Minnietron » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:56 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:guaranteed 4.0 no chance i did any worse

Quit being modest. You must have CALI'd at least four classes. If you did any worse, you may as well drop out.

Winter is Coming
Posts: 391
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:51 am

Re: How Do You Think You Did?

Postby Winter is Coming » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:35 pm

clshopeful wrote:Basically came to realize that If I'm not top 10% my life is actually over.... Need to transfer out of ttt; feel so confident right now and put in so much work that If I'm not top 10, there's no way I will be in the future. Gave the semester everything I have. Couldn't have paid closer attention or been a better student. Literally worked twice as hard compared to any of my 3.9 semesters in undergrad.


Incredible.

clshopeful
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:15 pm

Re: How Do You Think You Did?

Postby clshopeful » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:17 am

heythatslife wrote:
clshopeful wrote:Basically came to realize that If I'm not top 10% my life is actually over.... Need to transfer out of ttt; feel so confident right now and put in so much work that If I'm not top 10, there's no way I will be in the future. Gave the semester everything I have. Couldn't have paid closer attention or been a better student. Literally worked twice as hard compared to any of my 3.9 semesters in undergrad.


I believe in the OP. His hard work will pay off


Yes, literally did everything and had nothing else to study come finals time. Seriously. Did all prac tests, emailed to professors, no concepts I didn't know, etc.

User avatar
axel.foley
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:44 pm

Re: How Do You Think You Did?

Postby axel.foley » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:29 pm

clshopeful wrote:
heythatslife wrote:
clshopeful wrote:Basically came to realize that If I'm not top 10% my life is actually over.... Need to transfer out of ttt; feel so confident right now and put in so much work that If I'm not top 10, there's no way I will be in the future. Gave the semester everything I have. Couldn't have paid closer attention or been a better student. Literally worked twice as hard compared to any of my 3.9 semesters in undergrad.


I believe in the OP. His hard work will pay off


Yes, literally did everything and had nothing else to study come finals time. Seriously. Did all prac tests, emailed to professors, no concepts I didn't know, etc.


Assuming this is legit, how did you manage to do this time management wise? A big issue for me was finding time to outline while keeping up with reading in the last 6 or so weeks of the semester. Let alone fitting in taking every practice exam available. Tips? Did you read ahead early on? Did you not to anything out of school?

clshopeful
Posts: 358
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:15 pm

Re: How Do You Think You Did?

Postby clshopeful » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:16 pm

axel.foley wrote:
clshopeful wrote:
heythatslife wrote:
clshopeful wrote:Basically came to realize that If I'm not top 10% my life is actually over.... Need to transfer out of ttt; feel so confident right now and put in so much work that If I'm not top 10, there's no way I will be in the future. Gave the semester everything I have. Couldn't have paid closer attention or been a better student. Literally worked twice as hard compared to any of my 3.9 semesters in undergrad.


I believe in the OP. His hard work will pay off


Yes, literally did everything and had nothing else to study come finals time. Seriously. Did all prac tests, emailed to professors, no concepts I didn't know, etc.


Assuming this is legit, how did you manage to do this time management wise? A big issue for me was finding time to outline while keeping up with reading in the last 6 or so weeks of the semester. Let alone fitting in taking every practice exam available. Tips? Did you read ahead early on? Did you not to anything out of school?


Pretty much only school -- no job or kid to take care of. Also did criminal law in the summer, so my load was lighter than most.

User avatar
Dog
Posts: 371
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:00 am

Re: How Do You Think You Did?

Postby Dog » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:49 pm

carmensandiego wrote:this forum is a terrible idea. stop festering and start festive-ing like you god damn should be.


Lol who are you and when did you steal my avatar photo (I mirrored mine horizontally so the dog is facing post content)?




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest