Duke $, NYU w/ nada

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
User avatar
Sofie4400
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:41 pm

Duke $, NYU w/ nada

Postby Sofie4400 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:43 am

Advice on selecting either Duke with $72k or NYU with nothing? Does NYU being a T6 really mean that much more?

Thanks for the input! :)

User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2257
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Duke $, NYU w/ nada

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Tue May 26, 2015 11:44 am

Sofie4400 wrote:Advice on selecting either Duke with $72k or NYU with nothing? Does NYU being a T6 really mean that much more?

Thanks for the input! :)


Nope. Go to Duke. (admittedly biased)

User avatar
White Dwarf
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:54 pm

Re: Duke $, NYU w/ nada

Postby White Dwarf » Tue May 26, 2015 12:05 pm

Duke, easily. With COL that's probably a $90K+ difference over 3 years.

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Duke $, NYU w/ nada

Postby usn26 » Tue May 26, 2015 4:33 pm

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
Sofie4400 wrote:Advice on selecting either Duke with $72k or NYU with nothing? Does NYU being a T6 really mean that much more?

Thanks for the input! :)


Nope. Go to Duke. (admittedly biased)


TITCR

Although I think you should go to NYU. (admittedly biased)

User avatar
Capitol_Idea
Posts: 10720
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

Re: Duke $, NYU w/ nada

Postby Capitol_Idea » Tue May 26, 2015 4:38 pm

White Dwarf wrote:Duke, easily. With COL that's probably a $90K+ difference over 3 years.

User avatar
POTUSorSCOTUS
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 1:31 pm

Re: Duke $, NYU w/ nada

Postby POTUSorSCOTUS » Tue May 26, 2015 4:50 pm

zacharus85 wrote:
White Dwarf wrote:Duke, easily. With COL that's probably a $90K+ difference over 3 years.


I second this, but I'd reach out to NYU and leverage some $$$ - if they don't bite, go Duke

UpandDown97
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:07 pm

Re: Duke $, NYU w/ nada

Postby UpandDown97 » Thu May 28, 2015 11:04 am

NYU being T6 definitely makes a difference. But the cost is a lot to overcome.

What do you want to do? Where do you want to work? All makes a difference.

User avatar
TasmanianToucan
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:16 am

Re: Duke $, NYU w/ nada

Postby TasmanianToucan » Thu May 28, 2015 11:08 am

Duke. When you factor in cost of living the difference is even more insane.

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Duke $, NYU w/ nada

Postby usn26 » Thu May 28, 2015 11:12 am

TasmanianToucan wrote:Duke. When you factor in cost of living the difference is even more insane.


Hard to imagine a scenario where NYU would make any sense. Maybe if you were just completely about doing legal aid in the Village, I guess.

User avatar
TasmanianToucan
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:16 am

Re: Duke $, NYU w/ nada

Postby TasmanianToucan » Thu May 28, 2015 11:17 am

usn26 wrote:
TasmanianToucan wrote:Duke. When you factor in cost of living the difference is even more insane.


Hard to imagine a scenario where NYU would make any sense. Maybe if you were just completely about doing legal aid in the Village, I guess.

Negative. Having to walk by all of the awesome bars and restaurants you couldn't afford day in and day out would be torture.

User avatar
Clemenceau
Posts: 857
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Duke $, NYU w/ nada

Postby Clemenceau » Thu May 28, 2015 11:33 am

Definitely duke. The difference in cost by the time repayment comes around could easily be over $100k.

Dukes numbers have been rock solid lately too. I wouldn't sweat the t6 distinction or whatever




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest