2Little 2Late

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How successful have you been at forcing yourself to care about grades?

lol
6
13%
... I mean I still need to graduate... I guess...
12
26%
I want to maintain some semblance of dignity
19
40%
I am a clerkship gunner and/or incorrigible perfectionist
10
21%
 
Total votes: 47

User avatar
KMart
Posts: 3628
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Re: What the 1L am I doing?

Postby KMart » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:15 pm

Reading this thread has dampened my excitement to start in the coming weeks :lol:.

User avatar
KMart
Posts: 3628
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Re: What the 1L am I doing?

Postby KMart » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:15 pm

Gray wrote:as Brianiac would say)

I miss Brianiac. One of the better trollers.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5994
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: What the 1L am I doing?

Postby Gray » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:19 pm

KMart wrote:
Gray wrote:as Brianiac would say)

I miss Brianiac. One of the better trollers.

yeah what a special, beautiful snowflake. May he Remain Banned In Peace

User avatar
Calbears123
Posts: 240
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:38 am

Re: What the 1L am I doing?

Postby Calbears123 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:20 pm

The assignments for legal writing are the worst so far...and its not that they are hard, I just dont want to do them

User avatar
RCSOB657
Posts: 2276
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:50 am

Re: What the 1L am I doing?

Postby RCSOB657 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:21 pm

sowry. What Cal said ^, two hour class for more "work" than any two other foundation courses.

03282016
Posts: 4984
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:52 am

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:14 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2629
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:45 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5994
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: What the 1L am I doing?

Postby Gray » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:45 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:how have you psycopaths not started yet i thought we started late

quarter system BRAH

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2629
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:45 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2629
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:46 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2629
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:47 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

fa1493
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:52 pm

Re: What the 1L am I doing?

Postby fa1493 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:48 pm

is it wrong that im looking at canned briefs for the cases? Seems like once you get the rule of law the random facts dont matter so much. And obviously how those rules apply to the situation.
Last edited by fa1493 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5994
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: What the 1L am I doing?

Postby Gray » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:49 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:still spelled it wrong though idk why i try

yah stop trying duh

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22885
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: What the 1L am I doing?

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:49 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:do barbri reps get paid otherwise whats the point

yes. also free bar prep course.

User avatar
Leonardo DiCaprio
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:06 pm

Re: What the 1L am I doing?

Postby Leonardo DiCaprio » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:55 pm

i wanna befriend more 3Ls. they are more relaxed

User avatar
Louis1127
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: What the 1L am I doing?

Postby Louis1127 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:07 pm

Today we had the infamous visiting student who tried to answer a question during class. Went about as well as you would think.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2629
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Post removed.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:39 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by buckiguy_sucks on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
pdt1765
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Re: What the 1L am I doing?

Postby pdt1765 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:42 pm

fa1493 wrote:is it wrong that im looking at canned briefs for the cases? Seems like once you get the rule of law the random facts dont matter so much. And obviously how those rules apply to the situation.

That's essentially what I'm doing fwiw. Also still reading the notes after the cases in the casebook and skimming the facts just in case I'm cold called.

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22885
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: What the 1L am I doing?

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:18 am

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:do barbri reps get paid otherwise whats the point

yes. also free bar prep course.

How much work is it generally? Would you say it's worth it?

I didn't do it, so I don't know. It never looked like a lot of work - at my school the reps basically sat at a table over lunch (not every single day) and seemed to study a lot - but I don't know what else they had to do.

User avatar
RCSOB657
Posts: 2276
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:50 am

Re: What the 1L am I doing?

Postby RCSOB657 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:55 am

Fairly certain civpro is becoming one of my favorites. I didn't volunteer shite today but I had the concept, test, and synthesis / hypo answers down cold on paper.

User avatar
landshoes
is that cool?
Posts: 1089
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: What the 1L am I doing?

Postby landshoes » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:29 am

fa1493 wrote:is it wrong that im looking at canned briefs for the cases? Seems like once you get the rule of law the random facts dont matter so much. And obviously how those rules apply to the situation.


Serious question: how will you know how the rules apply if you don't know the facts of the case? I thought facts of the case are what make up the "situation".

User avatar
pancakes3
Posts: 3923
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:49 pm

Re: What the 1L am I doing?

Postby pancakes3 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:53 am

landshoes wrote:
fa1493 wrote:is it wrong that im looking at canned briefs for the cases? Seems like once you get the rule of law the random facts dont matter so much. And obviously how those rules apply to the situation.


Serious question: how will you know how the rules apply if you don't know the facts of the case? I thought facts of the case are what make up the "situation".


There are facts, and then there are FACTS. If you can see how facts fit elements ina general sense, it doesn't really matter if the Plaintiff's name was Joe or Bob. Canned briefs for 1L usually have the bare bone faacts enough to understand the law and maybe get through a cold-call, pending your prof.

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 597
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: What the 1L am I doing?

Postby Minnietron » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:07 pm

Wearing suits to class "just because" is a thing apparently...

03282016
Posts: 4984
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:52 am

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:10 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yeezus
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Re: What the 1L am I doing?

Postby Yeezus » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:34 pm

Minnietron wrote:Wearing suits to class "just because" is a thing apparently...


There is a guy in my class who wore suits to class for the first couple days before realizing how it came across.




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests