2Little 2Late

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How successful have you been at forcing yourself to care about grades?

lol
8%
... I mean I still need to graduate... I guess...
28%
I want to maintain some semblance of dignity
43%
I am a clerkship gunner and/or incorrigible perfectionist
23%

Total votes: 40

Minnietron

Re: What the 1L am I doing?

Postby Minnietron » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:12 pm

andthenIwaslike wrote:
Right, but, like, obviously it's just a series of statutes. If I wasn't having any trouble understanding or applying the statutes as written down in the book, I wouldn't be playing around with flowcharts or going to office hours.

Did you try explaining your frustrations in a flowchart? :D

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:15 pm

Gray wrote:
Minnietron wrote:Agreed. His pragmatism seems fitting for Civ Pro. I quietly hoped that senor gun would try to get another point in...

On the flip side our LRW prof stopped when he put his hand up and let him answer what was clearly a rhetorical question...

That seems like a risky precedent to set the first week of class. If nothing else, it will help supply loads of entertainment!

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:38 pm

in one of the other sections theres a girl that turns around while shes answering questions like shes trying to teach the class.

[s][/s]

Postby 03282016 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:01 pm

Last edited by 03282016 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

andthenIwaslike

Postby andthenIwaslike » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:17 pm

Minnietron wrote:
andthenIwaslike wrote:
Right, but, like, obviously it's just a series of statutes. If I wasn't having any trouble understanding or applying the statutes as written down in the book, I wouldn't be playing around with flowcharts or going to office hours.

Every arrow just ends up at "have another drink"

DJM

Postby DJM » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:58 pm

who else is enjoying all these events with unlimited free booze?

LoganCouture

Postby LoganCouture » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:09 pm

DJM wrote:who else is enjoying all these events with unlimited free booze?

i would be if there were any!

Hikikomorist

Postby Hikikomorist » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:41 pm

Weekends are the worst because I have to find my own food.

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:03 pm

andthenIwaslike wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
andthenIwaslike wrote:

Every arrow just ends up at "have another drink"

I see you learned how to flowchart from Lindsay Lohan too!

Gray

Postby Gray » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:33 pm

Minnietron wrote:I see you learned how to flowchart from Lindsay Lohan too!

I like you.

everything_bagel

Postby everything_bagel » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:54 pm

lc39 wrote:

Wth Stanford?!

RCSOB657

Postby RCSOB657 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:39 am

I voted "Amazing!!1! I <3 the LAW," but my love life still sucks ass. Up to 7-8 workouts a week though, so that's rolling.

RCSOB657

Postby RCSOB657 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:41 am

I'm also trying to open up more with my classmates. 1 for 3 on dates. Just got back from a bar actually.

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:51 am

Gray wrote:

I like you.

You might want to hold off on that judgment until you witness my performance during a socratic exchange in Civ Pro. I plan to highjack the class with irrelevant Keanu Reeves quotes/references. John Wick, B&TEA, and A Walk In the Clouds are in my queue. Those should give me enough of a genre mix to keep the prof on his toes.

RCSOB657 wrote:I'm also trying to open up more with my classmates. 1 for 3 on dates. Just got back from a bar actually.

Good for you! The more you try, the easier it should become. I suggest staying at the bar later than 12:30 AM. The real magic happens sometime after 2 AM...

DJM

Postby DJM » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:44 pm

lc39 wrote:

I've had these events basically every night so far.
Hikkomorist wrote:

Weekends are the worst because I have to find my own food.

Yah there haven't been many sat/sun events.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:10 pm

After two and a half weeks, I think I'm a law school slacker tbh. I am definitely not doing all of the things many of my classmates are doing. I'm just kind of reading and that's all.

Except Lexis rewards points. I'm a Lexis rewards points gunner.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:16 pm

xylocarp wrote:After two and a half weeks, I think I'm a law school slacker tbh. I am definitely not doing all of the things many of my classmates are doing. I'm just kind of reading and that's all.

I think I def would consider myself a law school slacker. It'll work out.

Also west is definitely better so I would just login daily to lexis and type in roe v wade and get my points.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:22 pm

chuckbass wrote:
xylocarp wrote:After two and a half weeks, I think I'm a law school slacker tbh. I am definitely not doing all of the things many of my classmates are doing. I'm just kind of reading and that's all.

I think I def would consider myself a law school slacker. It'll work out.

Also west is definitely better so I would just login daily to lexis and type in roe v wade and get my points.

Yeah, I've only been using it for rewards points. I've been typing in whatever comes to mind. Most days it's "search" or "law" or "lunch" or something, but yesterday for some reason without even thinking about it I just searched "death." So there's that.

Hikikomorist

Postby Hikikomorist » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:23 pm

I'm at 2,100, which I thought was pretty good. How many points could a dedicated person expect to have by graduation? If I can get there, the $250 Amazon card seemed like the best value.

DJM

Postby DJM » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:28 pm

Hikkomorist wrote:

I'm at 2,100, which I thought was pretty good. How many points could a dedicated person expect to have by graduation? If I can get there, the $250 Amazon card seemed like the best value.

What are the strategies to getting maximum points? Just logging in and searching random things everyday? is there a max? I've been using lexis not west

Hikikomorist

Postby Hikikomorist » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:31 pm

DJM wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:

What are the strategies to getting maximum points? Just logging in and searching random things everyday? is there a max? I've been using lexis not west

They do a lot of special promotional crap where you can win bonus points, and that stuff has been the most useful. I've missed about five days of daily searches, to be honest.

chuckbass

Postby chuckbass » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:41 pm

Hikkomorist wrote:
DJM wrote:
Hikkomorist wrote:

They do a lot of special promotional crap where you can win bonus points, and that stuff has been the most useful. I've missed about five days of daily searches, to be honest.

Yeah those quizzes and such are easy too with the hints. Also sometimes whoever tables for lex might be giving out stuff at school that day or something. But yeah I think once you guys get into it you'll have a pretty good idea why lexis has to have this whole points program anyways.

RCSOB657

Postby RCSOB657 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:14 pm

Minnietron wrote:
Gray wrote:

I like you.

You might want to hold off on that judgment until you witness my performance during a socratic exchange in Civ Pro. I plan to highjack the class with irrelevant Keanu Reeves quotes/references. John Wick, B&TEA, and A Walk In the Clouds are in my queue. Those should give me enough of a genre mix to keep the prof on his toes.

RCSOB657 wrote:I'm also trying to open up more with my classmates. 1 for 3 on dates. Just got back from a bar actually.

Good for you! The more you try, the easier it should become. I suggest staying at the bar later than 12:30 AM. The real magic happens sometime after 2 AM...

I had to pace myself, in Columbus now going bar hopping gay and normal bars with a couple classmates and a bunch of OSU randoms.

FuturePanhandler

Postby FuturePanhandler » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:14 pm

You nerds that care nothing about football have such an advantage.

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:10 am

Great. TIL about legal-search rewards points. As if gaming Bing's dysfunctional search engine on daily basis wasn't enough, now I'm going to (read HAVE TO) login to Lexis every day. Add in the fact that I am way behind, and I'm looking at a full-time job. I may as well drop out now since there is no way I can make up rewards ground AND learn the law.

Being a rewards junkie isn't easy...

RCSOB657 wrote:I had to pace myself, in Columbus now going bar hopping gay and normal bars with a couple classmates and a bunch of OSU randoms.

There you go! Keep this up until 2 or 3, an you're bound to "relate" to your classmates!

FuturePanhandler wrote:You nerds that care nothing about football have such an advantage.

What if I'm a nerd who cares about football? Does that put me at a disadvantage, or am I neutral?

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”