.

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
User avatar
buckiguy_sucks

Gold
Posts: 2877
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:48 am

Dr. Nefario wrote:Currently debating if I should put next summer's money all into school and take out minimal loans for 3Lawl or put it in savings and start saving up for a house. Anyone have an idea of what they're gonna do?



Mottles and bodels

Trip to the west coast

Maybe support the SO so she can do an unpaid internship

Houses are for suckers rent4lyfe

User avatar
PeanutsNJam

Gold
Posts: 4559
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby PeanutsNJam » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:49 am

buy house at the peak of the next economic recession

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks

Gold
Posts: 2877
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:01 am

I anticipate having plans for SA money and then having little to none of it actually left over from just living life normally with which to execute those plans

User avatar
MurdockLLP

Bronze
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 10:32 am

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby MurdockLLP » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:56 am

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Dr. Nefario wrote:Currently debating if I should put next summer's money all into school and take out minimal loans for 3Lawl or put it in savings and start saving up for a house. Anyone have an idea of what they're gonna do?



Mottles and bodels

Trip to the west coast

Maybe support the SO so she can do an unpaid internship

Houses are for suckers rent4lyfe


Drinks & Suits (not the tv show). Tired of only having 4 suits to rotate (and sweat) through. Maybe save 1/3 for school costs. #NoSO

User avatar
zhenders

Silver
Posts: 942
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby zhenders » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:14 pm

SA$ = Not borrowing one more dime of GradPLUS garbage. Screw student loans that have interest rates that damned near track the market.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks

Gold
Posts: 2877
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:49 pm

MurdockLLP wrote:
Drinks & Suits (not the tv show). Tired of only having 4 suits to rotate (and sweat) through. Maybe save 1/3 for school costs. #NoSO


Are you going to Jones Day why do you need 5 suits I own one and have no intention of buying more.

Although I'll definitely be copping some more fancy lawyer shoes and probably a sport coat

cannibal ox

Gold
Posts: 4075
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby cannibal ox » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:50 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:I anticipate having plans for SA money and then having little to none of it actually left over from just living life normally with which to execute those plans


This is sadly accurate.

Whatever y'all plan to clear after taxes and such.. cut that in half. Then cut it in half again. That's more realistic.

Gray

Platinum
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Postby Gray » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:57 pm

.

User avatar
PeanutsNJam

Gold
Posts: 4559
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby PeanutsNJam » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:35 pm

just do withholding

stick it to the man. Don't give the gov't an interest free loan of like 10k.

And yeah I had 2 suits and it was more than enough for a summer at a conservative firm. Copped a biz cas firm so no more suit buying until I die and need a suit for my corpse.

Although to be honest I like suits so maybe I'll spring for a bespoke one like 10 years later.

Hikikomorist

Platinum
Posts: 7788
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby Hikikomorist » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Plan to invest it all in cosmetic surgery so I can marry into money.

User avatar
MurdockLLP

Bronze
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 10:32 am

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby MurdockLLP » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:18 am

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
MurdockLLP wrote:
Drinks & Suits (not the tv show). Tired of only having 4 suits to rotate (and sweat) through. Maybe save 1/3 for school costs. #NoSO


Are you going to Jones Day why do you need 5 suits I own one and have no intention of buying more.

Although I'll definitely be copping some more fancy lawyer shoes and probably a sport coat


Firm is not biz cas. Also, I just like suits (but I'm not one of those weirdos that wears suits to class).

Minnietron

Silver
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby Minnietron » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:36 am

MurdockLLP wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
MurdockLLP wrote:
Drinks & Suits (not the tv show). Tired of only having 4 suits to rotate (and sweat) through. Maybe save 1/3 for school costs. #NoSO


Are you going to Jones Day why do you need 5 suits I own one and have no intention of buying more.

Although I'll definitely be copping some more fancy lawyer shoes and probably a sport coat


Firm is not biz cas. Also, I just like suits (but I'm not one of those weirdos that wears suits to class).

Firm is biz cas during the summer because it is hot as all get out. Rest of the year, suit up and look sharp - partners are watching.

Also, I was against suits to class. Then, I realized some people are so dapper that they can't help it! Bad suits to class is still a no.
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PeanutsNJam

Gold
Posts: 4559
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby PeanutsNJam » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:10 am

You guys still have suit wearers to class? We only have one supper gunner guy who tucks in a button down but no suit.

Hikikomorist

Platinum
Posts: 7788
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby Hikikomorist » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:32 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:You guys still have suit wearers to class? We only have one supper gunner guy who tucks in a button down but no suit.

I don't think I ever saw a suit-wearer in class who didn't have a good excuse (i.e, an interview).

haus

Gold
Posts: 3894
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby haus » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:15 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:You guys still have suit wearers to class? We only have one supper gunner guy who tucks in a button down but no suit.

I don't think I ever saw a suit-wearer in class who didn't have a good excuse (i.e, an interview).

Being in a 'hybrid' program, class time is usually be sitting in my basement in gym shorts and a t-shirt. Although in our capstone weeks (7 day burst of classes on campus) we often have a day or two per week where we have drills/simulations where we are specifically asked to suit up.

Hikikomorist

Platinum
Posts: 7788
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby Hikikomorist » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:24 pm

haus wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:You guys still have suit wearers to class? We only have one supper gunner guy who tucks in a button down but no suit.

I don't think I ever saw a suit-wearer in class who didn't have a good excuse (i.e, an interview).

Being in a 'hybrid' program, class time is usually be sitting in my basement in gym shorts and a t-shirt. Although in our capstone weeks (7 day burst of classes on campus) we often have a day or two per week where we have drills/simulations where we are specifically asked to suit up.

Sounds horrible.

User avatar
Dr. Nefario

Gold
Posts: 2859
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby Dr. Nefario » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:52 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:
haus wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:You guys still have suit wearers to class? We only have one supper gunner guy who tucks in a button down but no suit.

I don't think I ever saw a suit-wearer in class who didn't have a good excuse (i.e, an interview).

Being in a 'hybrid' program, class time is usually be sitting in my basement in gym shorts and a t-shirt. Although in our capstone weeks (7 day burst of classes on campus) we often have a day or two per week where we have drills/simulations where we are specifically asked to suit up.

Sounds horrible.


wear a suit w/o tie on days I work and sweatpants or basketball shorts on days I don't, but we still have many people who wear button ups tucked in and slacks daily

haus

Gold
Posts: 3894
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby haus » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:23 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:Sounds horrible.

Yeah, it is not good.

Minnietron

Silver
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby Minnietron » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:09 am

haus wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:Sounds horrible.

Yeah, it is not good.

Have you considered this?

https://www.betabrand.com/mens-business-suit-onesie-hybrid.html
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks

Gold
Posts: 2877
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:30 am


Minnietron

Silver
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby Minnietron » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:31 am

buckiguy_sucks wrote:


$400 ?!!!

Of pure comfort!
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PeanutsNJam

Gold
Posts: 4559
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby PeanutsNJam » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:43 am

Minnietron wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:


$400 ?!!!

Of pure comfort!


Lol thought this was a joke at first

User avatar
RCSOB657

Gold
Posts: 3319
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:50 am

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby RCSOB657 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:46 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:You guys still have suit wearers to class? We only have one supper gunner guy who tucks in a button down but no suit.



Yeah just people that have shit to do that day, either clinic, job, school stuff, etc. I wore a kilt to school earlier this year. Yolo.

Hikikomorist

Platinum
Posts: 7788
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby Hikikomorist » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:50 am

RCSOB657 wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:You guys still have suit wearers to class? We only have one supper gunner guy who tucks in a button down but no suit.



Yeah just people that have shit to do that day, either clinic, job, school stuff, etc. I wore a kilt to school earlier this year. Yolo.

Why do people choose to do clinics that make them wear suits?

Minnietron

Silver
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby Minnietron » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:23 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:
RCSOB657 wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:You guys still have suit wearers to class? We only have one supper gunner guy who tucks in a button down but no suit.



Yeah just people that have shit to do that day, either clinic, job, school stuff, etc. I wore a kilt to school earlier this year. Yolo.

Why do people choose to do clinics that make them wear suits?

They have a penchant for abstract thinking?

http://www.psychologicalscience.org/index.php/news/minds-business/when-clothing-style-influences-cognitive-style.html
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests