.

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
User avatar
buckiguy_sucks

Gold
Posts: 2877
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:43 pm

Fuck jackets there is a 0% chance I wear one to non business formal events

E: post offer that is pre offer obviously jacketed it up

User avatar
zhenders

Silver
Posts: 942
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby zhenders » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:18 am

buckiguy_sucks wrote:Fuck jackets there is a 0% chance I wear one to non business formal events


This is how I feel about ties. I'll wear a jacket any day -- I can always take it off. A tie, though -- you're stuck wearing that shit, and my neck ain't getting any thinner.

Minnietron

Silver
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby Minnietron » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:41 am

zhenders wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:Fuck jackets there is a 0% chance I wear one to non business formal events


This is how I feel about ties. I'll wear a jacket any day -- I can always take it off. A tie, though -- you're stuck wearing that shit, and my neck ain't getting any thinner.

You don't have to be stuck wearing it... http://www.absoluteties.com/cliponties.html
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
unsweetened

Silver
Posts: 661
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby unsweetened » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:21 pm

No jacket. No tie. No pants.

User avatar
zhenders

Silver
Posts: 942
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby zhenders » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:45 am

There should be clip-on versions of everything.







But as think about it there actually really shouldn't be.

Gray

Platinum
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Postby Gray » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:36 am

.

Minnietron

Silver
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby Minnietron » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:46 am

Gray wrote:We really need a new poll - thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

What item should there definitely not be a clip-on version of?

What was the most useless thing you did during 1L - wrt to grades?
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks

Gold
Posts: 2877
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:49 am

What 2l activity do you most regret signing up for

User avatar
zhenders

Silver
Posts: 942
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby zhenders » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:15 am

regrets, I have a fewL.

Hikikomorist

Platinum
Posts: 7788
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby Hikikomorist » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:17 am

buckiguy_sucks wrote:What 2l activity do you most regret signing up for

2L.

Hand

Gold
Posts: 3843
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby Hand » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:18 am

Hikikomorist wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:What 2l activity do you most regret signing up for

2L.

Existence

Hikikomorist

Platinum
Posts: 7788
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby Hikikomorist » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:36 am

Hand wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:What 2l activity do you most regret signing up for

2L.

Existence

I'm sure I'll come around to this view in a few months.

User avatar
PeanutsNJam

Gold
Posts: 4559
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby PeanutsNJam » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:25 pm

I have 13 credits and life is good. If you have 14 or more, remember that you did this to yourself.

Minnietron

Silver
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby Minnietron » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:32 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:I have 13 credits and life is good. If you have 14 or more, remember that you did this to yourself.

14, but two don't count - they do for gpa, but should be breezy (famous last words) - thus, 12. If you have 12 or more, remember that you did this to yourself.
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreenEggs

Gold
Posts: 3593
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:55 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby GreenEggs » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:36 pm

I said yes to being an RA, and I already regret it. I wish I could honestly quit. And I know I can, but it's just easier to just finish this for the one semester and one day ask the prof for a LOR.
Last edited by GreenEggs on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
IsThisForReal

Gold
Posts: 3833
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby IsThisForReal » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:41 pm

If I could just pause everything and sleep for like 3 days I'd be good to go.
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PeanutsNJam

Gold
Posts: 4559
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby PeanutsNJam » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:52 pm

Poll for what city everybody is going to next summer? NYC, LA, SF/Palo Alto, and "other" for the cities that don't matter.

Gray

Platinum
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Postby Gray » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:16 pm

.

User avatar
PeanutsNJam

Gold
Posts: 4559
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby PeanutsNJam » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:24 pm

It's only the nation's capital because the Jeffersonians were whiny little bitches

Listened to Hamilton 4 times on a road trip. It was a long road trip.

Minnietron

Silver
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby Minnietron » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:35 pm

Gray wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:Poll for what city everybody is going to next summer? NYC, LA, SF/Palo Alto, and "other" for the cities that don't matter.

Lol egregious anti-DC trolling

Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, Research Triangle, Seattle, Philadelphia...If not mattering means lower COL with comparable amenities, mark me down for other!
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PeanutsNJam

Gold
Posts: 4559
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby PeanutsNJam » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:56 pm

Minnietron wrote:
Gray wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:Poll for what city everybody is going to next summer? NYC, LA, SF/Palo Alto, and "other" for the cities that don't matter.

Lol egregious anti-DC trolling

Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, Research Triangle, Seattle, Philadelphia...If not mattering means lower COL with comparable amenities, mark me down for other!


They're low CoL because they don't matter. Cities are like clothes. You know your designer bag is better because it costs more. This is how the world works.

Minnietron

Silver
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby Minnietron » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:01 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
Gray wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:Poll for what city everybody is going to next summer? NYC, LA, SF/Palo Alto, and "other" for the cities that don't matter.

Lol egregious anti-DC trolling

Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, Research Triangle, Seattle, Philadelphia...If not mattering means lower COL with comparable amenities, mark me down for other!


They're low CoL because they don't matter. Cities are like clothes. You know your designer bag is better because it costs more. This is how the world works.

DC COL > LA COL. So that means it is better and your original list is incorrect?
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PeanutsNJam

Gold
Posts: 4559
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby PeanutsNJam » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:03 pm

Minnietron wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
Gray wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:Poll for what city everybody is going to next summer? NYC, LA, SF/Palo Alto, and "other" for the cities that don't matter.

Lol egregious anti-DC trolling

Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, Research Triangle, Seattle, Philadelphia...If not mattering means lower COL with comparable amenities, mark me down for other!


They're low CoL because they don't matter. Cities are like clothes. You know your designer bag is better because it costs more. This is how the world works.

DC COL > LA COL. So that means it is better and your original list is incorrect?


fuck your don't fact check me

Minnietron

Silver
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby Minnietron » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:10 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
Gray wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:Poll for what city everybody is going to next summer? NYC, LA, SF/Palo Alto, and "other" for the cities that don't matter.

Lol egregious anti-DC trolling

Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, Research Triangle, Seattle, Philadelphia...If not mattering means lower COL with comparable amenities, mark me down for other!


They're low CoL because they don't matter. Cities are like clothes. You know your designer bag is better because it costs more. This is how the world works.

DC COL > LA COL. So that means it is better and your original list is incorrect?


fuck your don't fact check me

So I shouldn't point out designer bags are generally considered accessories rather than clothes...?

Edit: bad at quoting...
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
leslieknope

Silver
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby leslieknope » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:47 pm

Not near a real1 beach=doesn't matter. Sorry not sorry, any city that isn't LA or SF.

1 East coast beaches are not real beaches and Miami is otherwise terrible.



Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests