2Little 2Late

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How much are you regretting your extracurricular choices?

Not at all, I can manage my time.
3
3%
I get busy sometimes, but it's not the worst.
14
16%
Every couple of weeks I briefly lose my sanity.
22
26%
I long for the sweet release of death.
27
31%
I am smart and didn't sign up for unnecessary BS
20
23%
 
Total votes: 86

User avatar
landshoes
is that cool?
Posts: 1088
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby landshoes » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:33 pm

Auxilio wrote:
landshoes wrote:the quarter system is absolutely disgusting in June but totally incredible right now, given callback scheduling


Penn doesn't really have the quarter system but we got our class list weeks ago and don't start until Sept. 6th.


yeah, our late course list is not b/c of the quarter system, that's why they are in different posts, but I see why you thought they were related b/c we do start later so it would make sense!

User avatar
landshoes
is that cool?
Posts: 1088
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby landshoes » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:37 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:here's the thing though: fuck class so how helpful is quarters for callback scheduling

also we're on semesters and start the 29th which has given me plenty of time to get callbacks in


ok

I guess the semester system is also great for callbacks

good to know

I still am happy that my schedule will go: focusing on OCI --> focusing on callbacks --> focusing on vacation --> beginning of classes

I am sorry if me being happy makes you less happy

if it makes you feel better I was pretty miserable from june 1 through today

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2621
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:46 pm

landshoes wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:here's the thing though: fuck class so how helpful is quarters for callback scheduling

also we're on semesters and start the 29th which has given me plenty of time to get callbacks in


ok

I guess the semester system is also great for callbacks

good to know

I still am happy that my schedule will go: focusing on OCI --> focusing on callbacks --> focusing on vacation --> beginning of classes

I am sorry if me being happy makes you less happy

if it makes you feel better I was pretty miserable from june 1 through today


I cannot be happy unless others suffer

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2621
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:47 pm

But yeah having break time would be amazing

User avatar
Dr. Nefario
Posts: 2353
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby Dr. Nefario » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:36 pm

We got our schedules way back in early July and have been doing add/drop since. Also don't start til the 6th so it's ideal.

User avatar
landshoes
is that cool?
Posts: 1088
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby landshoes » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:41 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
landshoes wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:here's the thing though: fuck class so how helpful is quarters for callback scheduling

also we're on semesters and start the 29th which has given me plenty of time to get callbacks in


ok

I guess the semester system is also great for callbacks

good to know

I still am happy that my schedule will go: focusing on OCI --> focusing on callbacks --> focusing on vacation --> beginning of classes

I am sorry if me being happy makes you less happy

if it makes you feel better I was pretty miserable from june 1 through today


I cannot be happy unless others suffer


well then we have at least one thing in common

;)

seriously though this summer was literally the shittiest time of the school year and I will now tell everyone the only thing to think about wrt school selection is 1) rank and 2) quarter vs semester

that's it, everything else is a lie

User avatar
landshoes
is that cool?
Posts: 1088
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby landshoes » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:42 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:But yeah having break time would be amazing


it's a mixed bag because I don't have loans coming in for living expenses until school starts, but my summer job ended when normal people were about to go back to school. and my portion of it didn't start until 2+ weeks after everyone else's.

riding high on my Macy's card until that loan money kicks in 8)

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 590
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby Minnietron » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:35 pm

landshoes wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:But yeah having break time would be amazing


it's a mixed bag because I don't have loans coming in for living expenses until school starts, but my summer job ended when normal people were about to go back to school. and my portion of it didn't start until 2+ weeks after everyone else's.

riding high on my Macy's card until that loan money kicks in 8)

http://www.thepennyhoarder.com/work-from-home-job-transcriptionist/
Make loot and practice smoking fools on the keyboard?

User avatar
RCSOB657
Posts: 2271
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:50 am

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby RCSOB657 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:24 am

First day of 2Lol and I've already got people hounding me to set up PAD parties. Wtf people I just got back into town.

User avatar
unsweetened
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby unsweetened » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:33 pm

It just feels good not to be 1L anymore

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3050
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby Hikikomorist » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:40 pm

unsweetened wrote:It just feels goodslightly less terrible not to be 1L anymore

User avatar
haus
Posts: 2820
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby haus » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:45 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:
unsweetened wrote:It just feels goodslightly less terrible not to be 1L anymore

This.

The joys of having a (albeit short) assignment due on my first day of the semester. Ugh, I miss summer.

User avatar
unsweetened
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby unsweetened » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:51 pm

Dear Fellow 2L's,
Is this a sign we are being worked to death?
This thread has been too quiet.

User avatar
LoganCouture
Posts: 1403
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:48 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby LoganCouture » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:57 pm

unsweetened wrote:Dear Fellow 2L's,
Is this a sign we are being worked to death?
This thread has been too quiet.


i'm just enjoying my long vacation 8)
definitely going to be busy when i get back to school in 4ish weeks though. heavy 2L (unit wise) so I can basically disappear 3LOL

User avatar
MurdockLLP
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 10:32 am

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby MurdockLLP » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:58 pm

unsweetened wrote:Dear Fellow 2L's,
Is this a sign we are being worked to death?
This thread has been too quiet.


Externship + Note + Classes = want to die.

User avatar
unsweetened
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby unsweetened » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:03 pm

MurdockLLP wrote:
unsweetened wrote:Dear Fellow 2L's,
Is this a sign we are being worked to death?
This thread has been too quiet.


Externship + Note + Classes = want to die.

Yeah I'm there. I tried out for Moot Court too, because I am a glutton for punishment.

User avatar
MurdockLLP
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 10:32 am

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby MurdockLLP » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:13 pm

unsweetened wrote:
MurdockLLP wrote:
unsweetened wrote:Dear Fellow 2L's,
Is this a sign we are being worked to death?
This thread has been too quiet.


Externship + Note + Classes = want to die.

Yeah I'm there. I tried out for Moot Court too, because I am a glutton for punishment.


Yeah, I should have added Law Review to the equation.

Externship + Law Review + Note + Classes = TAKE ME NOW

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby Gray » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:43 pm

I have externship, RA, moot court, teaching assistant, and journal. Masochistic FOMO victim right here.

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3050
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby Hikikomorist » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:54 pm

I'm trying to sleep 10 hours per day and get ahead on Netflix.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby Gray » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:02 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:I'm trying to sleep 10 hours per day and get ahead on Netflix.

I did this in 1L, do recommend

User avatar
unsweetened
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby unsweetened » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:25 am

Gray wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:I'm trying to sleep 10 hours per day and get ahead on Netflix.

I did this in 1L, do recommend

Looking back on 1L, it seems like it was much easier. At the time, I couldn't fathom the shittiness that 2Ls were telling me about, but now I am living it.

User avatar
unsweetened
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby unsweetened » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:27 am

Which is better: Netflix or Amazon Prime Video?

I feel like Netflix has been sucking a lot for the past few months. Has anyone completely switched over to Prime Video?

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby Gray » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:41 am

unsweetened wrote:Which is better: Netflix or Amazon Prime Video?

I feel like Netflix has been sucking a lot for the past few months. Has anyone completely switched over to Prime Video?

Haven't tried prime, but I would say that hulu is better than netflix these days

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby Hand » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:53 am

unsweetened wrote:
Gray wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:I'm trying to sleep 10 hours per day and get ahead on Netflix.

I did this in 1L, do recommend

Looking back on 1L, it seems like it was much easier. At the time, I couldn't fathom the shittiness that 2Ls were telling me about, but now I am living it.

Yeah 2L is probably gonna suck. This semester I'll have 3 doctrinals, 1 seminar and an externship, along with journal (one upside of not making main journal is that the secondary ones are supposed to be considerably less work, but we'll see) and being the handsome old joe biden of a student org. Plus I will need to hustle to find a public interest summer gig for next year after skipping OCI. Thank god the prof I was RAing for does not seem interested in creating work for me till later in the year. And these classes should be at least somewhat more interesting than the shit we had to take last year.

User avatar
MurdockLLP
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 10:32 am

Re: Don't ask, don't 2L

Postby MurdockLLP » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:18 pm

Gray wrote:
unsweetened wrote:Which is better: Netflix or Amazon Prime Video?

I feel like Netflix has been sucking a lot for the past few months. Has anyone completely switched over to Prime Video?

Haven't tried prime, but I would say that hulu is better than netflix these days


Have both. Prime is even worse. Netflix should turn around soon with Luke Cage and Narcos Season 2 in September.




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest