2Little 2Late

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How much are you regretting your extracurricular choices?

Not at all, I can manage my time.
3%
I get busy sometimes, but it's not the worst.
16%
Every couple of weeks I briefly lose my sanity.
26%
I long for the sweet release of death.
31%
I am smart and didn't sign up for unnecessary BS
23%

Total votes: 86

IsThisForReal

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby IsThisForReal » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:47 am

leslieknope wrote:question: where can women buy suits that aren't polyester and also aren't hideous but don't cost a mortgage

because so far the answer is "nowhere"

I LOVE Calvin Klein's suits at Macys.

I've also found some good stuff at Burlington/ Stein Mart, but for a full matching OCI suit, I like Calvin. The pants have really nice side pockets. And fake pockets on the back, which make my butt look not so gigantic.
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

legit

Postby legit » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:52 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:New poll idea: how much $$$ have you blown on interviewing (including travel costs, hotel, clothes, etc.)

although this might be 0 for schools where firms actually come to your school to interview

Think of it as an investment haha. Also, a lot of these posters turned down big scholarship money to go to a school where firms visit.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:49 pm

legit wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:New poll idea: how much $$$ have you blown on interviewing (including travel costs, hotel, clothes, etc.)

although this might be 0 for schools where firms actually come to your school to interview

Think of it as an investment haha. Also, a lot of these posters turned down big scholarship money to go to a school where firms visit.

hitchhiking city to city on the east coast is safe right?

WeeBey

Postby WeeBey » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:04 pm

legit wrote:

Y'all travelling for interviews that don't reimburse?

Yeezus Wept

Postby Yeezus Wept » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:10 pm

I had an interview in NY earlier this summer. Ended up going out with a friend and taking a $138 uber home at 3 am. What do you think they would say if I tried to expense it

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:17 pm

WeeBey wrote:
legit wrote:

Y'all travelling for interviews that don't reimburse?

They're talking about screeners, which also confused me.

Hikikomorist

Postby Hikikomorist » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:34 pm

Spending $1k+. Almost cried when I realized how bad it was going to be.

cannibal ox

Postby cannibal ox » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:46 pm

It's worth it, you nerds.

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:54 pm

cannibal ox wrote:It's worth it, you nerds.

Who're you calling nerd, dork? :D

cannibal ox

Postby cannibal ox » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:12 pm

Minnietron wrote:

I would be very offended by this post if you weren't my absolute favorite 1L poster.

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:46 pm

cannibal ox wrote:
Minnietron wrote:

I would be very offended by this post if you weren't my absolute favorite 1L poster.

Glad to be of service! Do I have permission to add this as a line on my resume? I just looked at it, and it could use something. Anything. 1L Activities: Generic service project (that everyone did)...Top 1L poster As Rated by CO.

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:56 pm

cannibal ox wrote:I would be very offended by this post if you weren't my absolute favorite 1L poster.

:(

Hikikomorist

Postby Hikikomorist » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:32 am

GULC had a really impressive 1L TLS class overall.

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:58 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:GULC had a really impressive 1L TLS class overall.

100% true. Love y'all. Such a rad group.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:59 pm

Has anyone considered starting a Class of 2018 OCI results spreadsheet and thread for anons and poasters to use? I would do it, but I learned to use the famed google docs, litrally, last month, so I'd probably be a bad choice. Plus 65+ hour weeks are basically causing me to cry rn.

Auxilio

Postby Auxilio » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:05 pm

Dr. Nefario wrote:Has anyone considered starting a Class of 2018 OCI results spreadsheet and thread for anons and poasters to use? I would do it, but I learned to use the famed google docs, litrally, last month, so I'd probably be a bad choice. Plus 65+ hour weeks are basically causing me to cry rn.

Write up a list of categories etc. you want and I'll make it tonight.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:10 pm

Auxilio wrote:
Dr. Nefario wrote:Has anyone considered starting a Class of 2018 OCI results spreadsheet and thread for anons and poasters to use? I would do it, but I learned to use the famed google docs, litrally, last month, so I'd probably be a bad choice. Plus 65+ hour weeks are basically causing me to cry rn.

you da bomb

Here's last year's thread with the spreadsheet linked in the first post. It probably won't get much activity until August/September, but it'd be cool to track results as they go IMO.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=237124

Auxilio

Postby Auxilio » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:56 pm

Dr. Nefario wrote:
Auxilio wrote:

you da bomb

Here's last year's thread with the spreadsheet linked in the first post. It probably won't get much activity until August/September, but it'd be cool to track results as they go IMO.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=237124

Looking at that thread I (personally) think there is more value in something that can be continuously updated, and as self-appointed creator I get to make that choice :)

Do you (or anyone) think that the form-input system he used is better than just an accessible spreadsheet (I personally do like the tamper-proofness).

I'm thinking I'll just essentially copy that form submission method but get people to choose some sort of moniker for their data and then when they put in an updated data they can just reenter their moniker and and update firms. Does that make sense/do you think it would work?

I just think a system like 2014's will be largely useless for up-to-date information since people won't start updating until they have accepted an offer.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:04 am

Auxilio wrote:
Looking at that thread I (personally) think there is more value in something that can be continuously updated, and as self-appointed creator I get to make that choice :)

Do you (or anyone) think that the form-input system he used is better than just an accessible spreadsheet (I personally do like the tamper-proofness).

I'm thinking I'll just essentially copy that form submission method but get people to choose some sort of moniker for their data and then when they put in an updated data they can just reenter their moniker and and update firms. Does that make sense/do you think it would work?

I just think a system like 2014's will be largely useless for up-to-date information since people won't start updating until they have accepted an offer.

The tamper-proof is nice, but i think at least test-drive the accessible one like you mentioned. It'd be easier in the long run

Auxilio

Postby Auxilio » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:37 am

Dr. Nefario wrote:
Auxilio wrote:

The tamper-proof is nice, but i think at least test-drive the accessible one like you mentioned. It'd be easier in the long run

I decided to go with a form mainly because I figured I would want to not share the raw data (or at least not just that) but a some cleaned up stuff anyways and the uniformity of a form response works better for that.

Feel free to play around with it at the moment (but don't take any serious effort in) I am going to clear responses and post in a new thread tomorrow I guess so any feedback etc. from anyone appreciated.

I will then just periodically push a cleaned up and tabled excel sheet because I cannot stand working in google sheets.

ETA: didn't include the link--http://goo.gl/forms/oM6fyp42yTcwiAUx1

Auxilio

Postby Auxilio » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:22 pm

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=266664

Hopefully some people use it, hope it looks fine.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:59 pm

The rate of success my massmailing has equated to is lower than the likeliness of the U.S. winning a soccer game in Rio this year.

Auxilio

Postby Auxilio » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:04 pm

Dr. Nefario wrote:The rate of success my massmailing has equated to is lower than the likeliness of the U.S. winning a soccer game in Rio this year.

Are we not couningt the USWNT? As much as I hope they crash and burn I doubt it.

But yeah, I'm seriously questioning the effort I put into massmailing.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:16 pm

Auxilio wrote:
Dr. Nefario wrote:The rate of success my massmailing has equated to is lower than the likeliness of the U.S. winning a soccer game in Rio this year.

Are we not couningt the USWNT? As much as I hope they crash and burn I doubt it.

Yeah my bad I meant to type USMNT. But my efforts have just made me sad at this point.

MurdockLLP

Postby MurdockLLP » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:38 pm

Dr. Nefario wrote:
Auxilio wrote:

Yeah my bad I meant to type USMNT. But my efforts have just made me sad at this point.

Still nothing on my end either. 93 emails - no interviews.

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”