2Little 2Late

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How much are you regretting your extracurricular choices?

Not at all, I can manage my time.
4
5%
I get busy sometimes, but it's not the worst.
14
16%
Every couple of weeks I briefly lose my sanity.
22
25%
I long for the sweet release of death.
28
32%
I am smart and didn't sign up for unnecessary BS
20
23%
 
Total votes: 88

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2621
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:04 pm

MurdockLLP wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
MurdockLLP wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
MurdockLLP wrote:Mass mailing sucks.

Targeted mailing is the play true mass mailing is too much effort


Who/How are you targeting?


Firms I have networked with throughout the year mostly. Also firms with practice group in market I want


Any luck?


No callbacks thus far but have been received positively by the attorneys and recruiters I think so maybe will lead to preselects or still to be scheduled pre-OCI interviews

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Minnietron » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:47 pm

Dr. Nefario wrote:
MurdockLLP wrote:Mass mailing sucks.

debating hiring an assistant a minion to continue mine

FTFY :D

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3054
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Hikikomorist » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:25 pm

How many has everyone sent?

User avatar
Kinky John
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Kinky John » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:29 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:How many has everyone sent?


Over 9,000

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Hand » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:36 pm

Kinky John wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:How many has everyone sent?


Over 9,000

0. Willful poverty, baby!

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3054
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Hikikomorist » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:38 pm

Hand wrote:
Kinky John wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:How many has everyone sent?


Over 9,000

0. Willful poverty, baby!

Just marry rich. I'm pretty sure that's the only way to be happy in this world, assuming you weren't born into money.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Hand » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:42 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:
Hand wrote:
Kinky John wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:How many has everyone sent?

Over 9,000

0. Willful poverty, baby!

Just marry rich. I'm pretty sure that's the only way to be happy in this world, assuming you weren't born into money.

I married a public interest lawyer. I'm probably doomed. Unless Mrs. Hand's rich grandpa skips a generation in his will and leaves all the dough to the grandkids. Or if I can count on buckiguy to set me up with some good insider knowledge to trade on in the future.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5986
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Gray » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:48 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:Just marry rich. I'm pretty sure that's the only way to be happy in this world, assuming you weren't born into money.

I married rich.

Unfortunately that's his name and not indicative of his finances.

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3054
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Hikikomorist » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:49 pm

Hand wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:
Hand wrote:
Kinky John wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:How many has everyone sent?

Over 9,000

0. Willful poverty, baby!

Just marry rich. I'm pretty sure that's the only way to be happy in this world, assuming you weren't born into money.

I married a public interest lawyer. I'm probably doomed. Unless Mrs. Hand's rich grandpa skips a generation in his will and leaves all the dough to the grandkids. Or if I can count on buckiguy to set me up with some good insider knowledge to trade on in the future.

Just a matter of networking.

User avatar
WhiskeyAndCupcakes
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:52 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:09 pm

Gray wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:Just marry rich. I'm pretty sure that's the only way to be happy in this world, assuming you weren't born into money.

I married rich.

Unfortunately that's his name and not indicative of his finances.


LOLOLOL.

Also, Hand, you and Mrs. Hand will do just fine for a pair of public interest attorneys. I don't worry about you two at all.

User avatar
Big Red
Posts: 3010
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Big Red » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:53 pm

I'm waiting a week or so, but yeah the mass mail is about 30x more work than I thought it would be.

User avatar
Dr. Nefario
Posts: 2358
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Dr. Nefario » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:56 pm

Minnietron wrote:
Dr. Nefario wrote:
MurdockLLP wrote:Mass mailing sucks.

debating hiring an assistant a minion to continue mine

FTFY :D


Why...why did I miss this golden opportunity...this explains my 1L grades

Hikikomorist wrote:How many has everyone sent?


litrally, so many

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Minnietron » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:50 pm

Hand wrote:I married a public interest lawyer. I'm probably doomed. Unless Mrs. Hand's rich grandpa skips a generation in his will and leaves all the dough to the grandkids. Or if I can count on buckiguy to set me up with some good insider knowledge to trade on in the future.

Just make sure it is filtered through three levels and there will be no repercussions for such an abuse. In fact, you will really be helping the market get to the correct price faster.

As to inheritance skipping a generation, it happens. Just look at Selina Meyer.

User avatar
MurdockLLP
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 10:32 am

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby MurdockLLP » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:13 am

Hikikomorist wrote:How many has everyone sent?


92. Not one interview request . . .

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3054
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Hikikomorist » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Will I be able to get from Newark Airport into the city at 1 a.m.? How obscene will the taxi/Uber be?

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2621
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:37 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:Will I be able to get from Newark Airport into the city at 1 a.m.? How obscene will the taxi/Uber be?


Google maps bro

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2621
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:38 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:Will I be able to get from Newark Airport into the city at 1 a.m.? How obscene will the taxi/Uber be?


Google maps bro


(Has never been to New York)

User avatar
BVest
Posts: 5682
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby BVest » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:52 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:Will I be able to get from Newark Airport into the city at 1 a.m.? How obscene will the taxi/Uber be?

From Newark Airport to NY Penn Station

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 3699
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby PeanutsNJam » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:02 am

New poll idea: how much $$$ have you blown on interviewing (including travel costs, hotel, clothes, etc.)

although this might be 0 for schools where firms actually come to your school to interview

User avatar
leslieknope
Posts: 1091
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby leslieknope » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:10 am

question: where can women buy suits that aren't polyester and also aren't hideous but don't cost a mortgage

because so far the answer is "nowhere"

User avatar
Kinky John
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Kinky John » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:20 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:New poll idea: how much $$$ have you blown on interviewing (including travel costs, hotel, clothes, etc.)

although this might be 0 for schools where firms actually come to your school to interview


This is just bragging

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks
Posts: 2621
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:22 am

Kinky John wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:New poll idea: how much $$$ have you blown on interviewing (including travel costs, hotel, clothes, etc.)

although this might be 0 for schools where firms actually come to your school to interview


This is just bragging

I've probably paid like $15 in metro rides

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 3699
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby PeanutsNJam » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:23 am

Kinky John wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:New poll idea: how much $$$ have you blown on interviewing (including travel costs, hotel, clothes, etc.)

although this might be 0 for schools where firms actually come to your school to interview


This is just bragging


Pretty sure everybody is getting interviews dude no need to be so hostile. My median wustl buddy is blowing like $500 going to NYC to interview. Non-T14 schools have walk-around programs where it's like OCI but we have to travel to the city to interview.

User avatar
BVest
Posts: 5682
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby BVest » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:24 am

leslieknope wrote:question: where can women buy suits that aren't polyester and also aren't hideous but don't cost a mortgage

because so far the answer is "nowhere"


It's a bit of a treasure hunt sometimes, but try the high-end department stores discount outlets:

http://www.saksoff5th.com/
http://www.nordstromrack.com/
http://www.lastcall.com/

And if you have any locations nearby, definitely go in (when you have two-three hours to spend).

Plus Banana Republic and their ilk.

User avatar
Kinky John
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Kinky John » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:33 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:
Kinky John wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:New poll idea: how much $$$ have you blown on interviewing (including travel costs, hotel, clothes, etc.)

although this might be 0 for schools where firms actually come to your school to interview


This is just bragging


Pretty sure everybody is getting interviews dude no need to be so hostile. My median wustl buddy is blowing like $500 going to NYC to interview. Non-T14 schools have walk-around programs where it's like OCI but we have to travel to the city to interview.

Thought you were including CBs in that, my bad.




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: vm223 and 2 guests