.

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4270
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Br3v » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:47 pm

Hey rising 2Ls aka the FUTURE OF THE BAR. Are the people in your law school career service departments giving you any special advice, at all, regarding whether to treat firms that have committed to 180 different than firms that have not yet? If so, post what you can here:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=251323

Also, why is there no OGI thread yet? I want to give you people advice.

Nebby
amateur huffpo
Posts: 31199
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Nebby » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:34 pm

Congrats to everyone on being done with 1L! If anyone is interested in PI and you want some advice on how to approach the next two years, ask questions in the legal employment forum! There's a lot of us here with good advice and resources, and we're cooler than Brev

Porkypots
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:42 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Porkypots » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:05 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:If anyone wants advice on how to be around median, I've got you covered (until I drop when second-semester grades get released).


Ditto

User avatar
MurdockLLP
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 10:32 am

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby MurdockLLP » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:51 am

Congrats Gray and everyone else for another stellar semester.

Real talk though; how am I supposed to narrow down my OCI bid list to ~30 firms? I have a few practice groups I'm interested in but they seem to be available everywhere. What am I supposed to be looking at to get down to 1/3 of the V100?

User avatar
Auxilio
Posts: 588
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:51 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Auxilio » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:30 am

MurdockLLP wrote:Congrats Gray and everyone else for another stellar semester.

Real talk though; how am I supposed to narrow down my OCI bid list to ~30 firms? I have a few practice groups I'm interested in but they seem to be available everywhere. What am I supposed to be looking at to get down to 1/3 of the V100?


Penn lets us bid on 60 (which I'm not sure is a blessing) but I honestly have so far been pretty arbitrary, which makes me feel pretty bad.

User avatar
Dr. Nefario
Posts: 2855
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Dr. Nefario » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:20 am

Auxilio wrote:
MurdockLLP wrote:Congrats Gray and everyone else for another stellar semester.

Real talk though; how am I supposed to narrow down my OCI bid list to ~30 firms? I have a few practice groups I'm interested in but they seem to be available everywhere. What am I supposed to be looking at to get down to 1/3 of the V100?


Penn lets us bid on 60 (which I'm not sure is a blessing) but I honestly have so far been pretty arbitrary, which makes me feel pretty bad.


We have unlimited bids. Litrally just gonna click and send. If you throw enough rocks at a pond one is bound to skip right?

Minnietron
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Minnietron » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:41 pm

Dr. Nefario wrote:
Auxilio wrote:
MurdockLLP wrote:Congrats Gray and everyone else for another stellar semester.

Real talk though; how am I supposed to narrow down my OCI bid list to ~30 firms? I have a few practice groups I'm interested in but they seem to be available everywhere. What am I supposed to be looking at to get down to 1/3 of the V100?


Penn lets us bid on 60 (which I'm not sure is a blessing) but I honestly have so far been pretty arbitrary, which makes me feel pretty bad.


We have unlimited bids. Litrally just gonna click and send. If you throw enough rocks at a pond one is bound to skip right?

I read this in Chris Traeger's voice. If you are in fact Chris Traeger, you will have a lot of skips!
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dr. Nefario
Posts: 2855
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Dr. Nefario » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:07 pm

Minnietron wrote:
Dr. Nefario wrote:We have unlimited bids. Litrally just gonna click and send. If you throw enough rocks at a pond one is bound to skip right?

I read this in Chris Traeger's voice. If you are in fact Chris Traeger, you will have a lot of skips!


Not saying I am Chris Traeger, but my therapist, Dr. Richard Nygard, told me that I should always count my skips, not my failures.

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 4555
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby PeanutsNJam » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:23 pm

Dr. Nefario wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
Dr. Nefario wrote:We have unlimited bids. Litrally just gonna click and send. If you throw enough rocks at a pond one is bound to skip right?

I read this in Chris Traeger's voice. If you are in fact Chris Traeger, you will have a lot of skips!


Not saying I am Chris Traeger, but my therapist, Dr. Richard Nygard, told me that I should always count my skips, not my failures.


That is literally, the most beautiful sentiment, anybody on this planet has ever uttered.

Minnietron
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Minnietron » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:05 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:
Dr. Nefario wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
Dr. Nefario wrote:We have unlimited bids. Litrally just gonna click and send. If you throw enough rocks at a pond one is bound to skip right?

I read this in Chris Traeger's voice. If you are in fact Chris Traeger, you will have a lot of skips!


Not saying I am Chris Traeger, but my therapist, Dr. Richard Nygard, told me that I should always count my skips, not my failures.


That is literally, Litrallythe most beautiful sentiment, anybody on this planet has ever uttered.

Agreed. I love this. The only thing that could top it is if Chris Traeger and Richard Splett could meet.
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hand
Posts: 3843
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Hand » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:42 am

Nebby wrote:Congrats to everyone on being done with 1L! If anyone is interested in PI and you want some advice on how to approach the next two years, ask questions in the legal employment forum! There's a lot of us here with good advice and resources, and we're cooler than Brev

Will do at some point. For now I just bask in how incompetent I am at my unpaid PI internship.

User avatar
Dr. Nefario
Posts: 2855
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Dr. Nefario » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:42 am

The bidding process is so hassle-free when the lottery is removed, bids are unlimited, and most employers don't want cover letters. I should be happy about the ease of it, but instead it saddens me.

GreenEggs
Posts: 3593
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:55 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby GreenEggs » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:45 am

Dr. Nefario wrote:The bidding process is so hassle-free when the lottery is removed, bids are unlimited, and most employers don't want cover letters. I should be happy about the ease of it, but instead it saddens me.


So firms select who they want to interview? What school?
Last edited by GreenEggs on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dr. Nefario
Posts: 2855
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Dr. Nefario » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:34 pm

DCfilterDC wrote:
Dr. Nefario wrote:The bidding process is so hassle-free when the lottery is removed, bids are unlimited, and most employers don't want cover letters. I should be happy about the ease of it, but instead it saddens me.


So firms select who they want to interview? What school?


Yeah 100% preselect screeners. BU. They started doing it last year I think.

User avatar
Joscellin
Posts: 1514
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:40 am

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Joscellin » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:57 pm

Dr. Nefario wrote:
DCfilterDC wrote:
Dr. Nefario wrote:The bidding process is so hassle-free when the lottery is removed, bids are unlimited, and most employers don't want cover letters. I should be happy about the ease of it, but instead it saddens me.


So firms select who they want to interview? What school?


Yeah 100% preselect screeners. BU. They started doing it last year I think.


WUSTL does this too

User avatar
MurdockLLP
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 10:32 am

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby MurdockLLP » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:02 pm

Except now you have no opportunity to wow a firm with your amazing personal skills (if they don't want to interview you based off your GPA or resume)

User avatar
Dr. Nefario
Posts: 2855
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Dr. Nefario » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:08 pm

MurdockLLP wrote:Except now you have no opportunity to wow a firm with your amazing personal skills (if they don't want to interview you based off your GPA or resume)


This was litrally one of the many of the reasons I was saddened.

ETA: on second thought, what personal skills?

Minnietron
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Minnietron » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:08 pm

Dr. Nefario wrote:
MurdockLLP wrote:Except now you have no opportunity to wow a firm with your amazing personal skills (if they don't want to interview you based off your GPA or resume)


This was litrally one of the many of the reasons I was saddened.

ETA: on second thought, what personal skills?

Well, you're the first person born to live to 150, so you can build long-lasting relationships.
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gray
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Postby Gray » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:53 pm

.

Minnietron
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Minnietron » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:47 am

Gray wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
Dr. Nefario wrote:
MurdockLLP wrote:Except now you have no opportunity to wow a firm with your amazing personal skills (if they don't want to interview you based off your GPA or resume)


This was litrally one of the many of the reasons I was saddened.

ETA: on second thought, what personal skills?

Well, you're the first person born to live to 150, so you can build long-lasting relationships.

minnie stop panicking just emphasize your cleavage
eta: this was supposed to be in the EIW thread in response to the babes comment, but I'm going to leave it here.

Not graded = attention to detail declines (e.g. all my LRW assignments).
Re: Cleavage - So you're saying I should go with low cut tops at EIW? Do I pair these with pantsuits or skirts?
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gray
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Postby Gray » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:29 pm

.

Minnietron
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Minnietron » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:28 pm

Gray wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
Gray wrote:minnie stop panicking just emphasize your cleavage
eta: this was supposed to be in the EIW thread in response to the babes comment, but I'm going to leave it here.

Not graded = attention to detail declines (e.g. all my LRW assignments).
Re: Cleavage - So you're saying I should go with low cut tops at EIW? Do I pair these with pantsuits or skirts?

Definitely skirt - don't hide those legs

This looks about right. BigLaw, here I come!
Image
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gray
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Postby Gray » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:05 pm

.

Minnietron
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Minnietron » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:19 pm

Gray wrote:I will definitely do EIW if you wear that

Does it have to be for every interview, or can I change into this for some "practice interviews"?
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gray
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Postby Gray » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:35 pm

.




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest