2Little 2Late

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How much are you regretting your extracurricular choices?

Not at all, I can manage my time.
3%
I get busy sometimes, but it's not the worst.
16%
Every couple of weeks I briefly lose my sanity.
26%
I long for the sweet release of death.
31%
I am smart and didn't sign up for unnecessary BS
23%

Total votes: 86

Br3v

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Br3v » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:47 pm

Hey rising 2Ls aka the FUTURE OF THE BAR. Are the people in your law school career service departments giving you any special advice, at all, regarding whether to treat firms that have committed to 180 different than firms that have not yet? If so, post what you can here:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=251323

Also, why is there no OGI thread yet? I want to give you people advice.

Nebby

Postby Nebby » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:34 pm

Congrats to everyone on being done with 1L! If anyone is interested in PI and you want some advice on how to approach the next two years, ask questions in the legal employment forum! There's a lot of us here with good advice and resources, and we're cooler than Brev

Porkypots

Postby Porkypots » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:05 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:If anyone wants advice on how to be around median, I've got you covered (until I drop when second-semester grades get released).

Ditto

MurdockLLP

Postby MurdockLLP » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:51 am

Congrats Gray and everyone else for another stellar semester.

Real talk though; how am I supposed to narrow down my OCI bid list to ~30 firms? I have a few practice groups I'm interested in but they seem to be available everywhere. What am I supposed to be looking at to get down to 1/3 of the V100?

Auxilio

Postby Auxilio » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:30 am

MurdockLLP wrote:Congrats Gray and everyone else for another stellar semester.

Real talk though; how am I supposed to narrow down my OCI bid list to ~30 firms? I have a few practice groups I'm interested in but they seem to be available everywhere. What am I supposed to be looking at to get down to 1/3 of the V100?

Penn lets us bid on 60 (which I'm not sure is a blessing) but I honestly have so far been pretty arbitrary, which makes me feel pretty bad.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:20 am

Auxilio wrote:

Penn lets us bid on 60 (which I'm not sure is a blessing) but I honestly have so far been pretty arbitrary, which makes me feel pretty bad.

We have unlimited bids. Litrally just gonna click and send. If you throw enough rocks at a pond one is bound to skip right?

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:41 pm

Dr. Nefario wrote:
Auxilio wrote:

We have unlimited bids. Litrally just gonna click and send. If you throw enough rocks at a pond one is bound to skip right?

I read this in Chris Traeger's voice. If you are in fact Chris Traeger, you will have a lot of skips!

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:07 pm

Minnietron wrote:
Dr. Nefario wrote:We have unlimited bids. Litrally just gonna click and send. If you throw enough rocks at a pond one is bound to skip right?

I read this in Chris Traeger's voice. If you are in fact Chris Traeger, you will have a lot of skips!

Not saying I am Chris Traeger, but my therapist, Dr. Richard Nygard, told me that I should always count my skips, not my failures.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:23 pm

Dr. Nefario wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
Dr. Nefario wrote:We have unlimited bids. Litrally just gonna click and send. If you throw enough rocks at a pond one is bound to skip right?

Not saying I am Chris Traeger, but my therapist, Dr. Richard Nygard, told me that I should always count my skips, not my failures.

That is literally, the most beautiful sentiment, anybody on this planet has ever uttered.

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:05 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:
Dr. Nefario wrote:
Minnietron wrote:

That is literally, Litrallythe most beautiful sentiment, anybody on this planet has ever uttered.

Agreed. I love this. The only thing that could top it is if Chris Traeger and Richard Splett could meet.

Hand

Postby Hand » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:42 am

Nebby wrote:Congrats to everyone on being done with 1L! If anyone is interested in PI and you want some advice on how to approach the next two years, ask questions in the legal employment forum! There's a lot of us here with good advice and resources, and we're cooler than Brev

Will do at some point. For now I just bask in how incompetent I am at my unpaid PI internship.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:42 am

The bidding process is so hassle-free when the lottery is removed, bids are unlimited, and most employers don't want cover letters. I should be happy about the ease of it, but instead it saddens me.

DCfilterDC

Postby DCfilterDC » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:45 am

Dr. Nefario wrote:The bidding process is so hassle-free when the lottery is removed, bids are unlimited, and most employers don't want cover letters. I should be happy about the ease of it, but instead it saddens me.

So firms select who they want to interview? What school?

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:34 pm

DCfilterDC wrote:
Dr. Nefario wrote:The bidding process is so hassle-free when the lottery is removed, bids are unlimited, and most employers don't want cover letters. I should be happy about the ease of it, but instead it saddens me.

Yeah 100% preselect screeners. BU. They started doing it last year I think.

Joscellin

Postby Joscellin » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:57 pm

Dr. Nefario wrote:
DCfilterDC wrote:

Yeah 100% preselect screeners. BU. They started doing it last year I think.

WUSTL does this too

MurdockLLP

Postby MurdockLLP » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:02 pm

Except now you have no opportunity to wow a firm with your amazing personal skills (if they don't want to interview you based off your GPA or resume)

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:08 pm

MurdockLLP wrote:Except now you have no opportunity to wow a firm with your amazing personal skills (if they don't want to interview you based off your GPA or resume)

This was litrally one of the many of the reasons I was saddened.

ETA: on second thought, what personal skills?

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:08 pm

Dr. Nefario wrote:
MurdockLLP wrote:Except now you have no opportunity to wow a firm with your amazing personal skills (if they don't want to interview you based off your GPA or resume)

Well, you're the first person born to live to 150, so you can build long-lasting relationships.

Gray

Postby Gray » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:53 pm

Minnietron wrote:
Dr. Nefario wrote:

Well, you're the first person born to live to 150, so you can build long-lasting relationships.

minnie stop panicking just emphasize your cleavage
eta: this was supposed to be in the EIW thread in response to the babes comment, but I'm going to leave it here.

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:47 am

Gray wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
Dr. Nefario wrote:

minnie stop panicking just emphasize your cleavage
eta: this was supposed to be in the EIW thread in response to the babes comment, but I'm going to leave it here.

Not graded = attention to detail declines (e.g. all my LRW assignments).
Re: Cleavage - So you're saying I should go with low cut tops at EIW? Do I pair these with pantsuits or skirts?

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:29 pm

Minnietron wrote:
Gray wrote:minnie stop panicking just emphasize your cleavage

Re: Cleavage - So you're saying I should go with low cut tops at EIW? Do I pair these with pantsuits or skirts?

Definitely skirt - don't hide those legs

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:28 pm

Gray wrote:
Minnietron wrote:

This looks about right. BigLaw, here I come!

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:05 pm

Minnietron wrote:
Gray wrote:
Minnietron wrote:

This looks about right. BigLaw, here I come!

I will definitely do EIW if you wear that

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:19 pm

Gray wrote:I will definitely do EIW if you wear that

Does it have to be for every interview, or can I change into this for some "practice interviews"?

Gray

Postby Gray » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:35 pm

Minnietron wrote:
Gray wrote:I will definitely do EIW if you wear that

Does it have to be for every interview, or can I change into this for some "practice interviews"?

literally if you promise to show up to the Hyatt Regency in a kilt I will subject myself to 20 minute hell intervals. Not sure what you are getting out of this deal other than the knowledge that I will be miserable.

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”