2Little 2Late

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How much are you regretting your extracurricular choices?

Not at all, I can manage my time.
3%
I get busy sometimes, but it's not the worst.
16%
Every couple of weeks I briefly lose my sanity.
26%
I long for the sweet release of death.
31%
I am smart and didn't sign up for unnecessary BS
23%

Total votes: 86

Minnietron

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Minnietron » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:46 am

Gray wrote:lol I also ~don't know how to feel~ about all my classes so far.

aggressively euphoric maybe?

Sounds like someone is loading up on A's! Just waiting on an A+ form the G man to complete that feeling?

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:29 am

Minnietron wrote:
Gray wrote:lol I also ~don't know how to feel~ about all my classes so far.

aggressively euphoric maybe?

Sounds like someone is loading up on A's! Just waiting on an A+ form the G man to complete that feeling?

lollllllllllll no waiting on a B- to bring me back down to earth TBH.

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:42 pm

Can't decide if I am really nervous to get that one last grade back or just don't care at all at this point. Probably the latter; I feel like it's time to start 2LOLing.

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:41 pm

WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:just don't care at all

WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:2LOL

NimChimpsky

Postby NimChimpsky » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:41 am

How do you know if you "CALI'd" a class? It looks like I, and one other person, received an A+ in one of our classes, but how do I know which of us did better? Do they just contact you or something and tell you? First world problems, I know.

Gray

Postby Gray » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:44 am

NimChimpsky wrote:How do you know if you "CALI'd" a class? It looks like I, and one other person, received an A+ in one of our classes, but how do I know which of us did better? Do they just contact you or something and tell you? First world problems, I know.

No idea, but congrats!!

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:47 am

NimChimpsky wrote:How do you know if you "CALI'd" a class? It looks like I, and one other person, received an A+ in one of our classes, but how do I know which of us did better? Do they just contact you or something and tell you? First world problems, I know.

Congratulations!
Since you are at GULC, your best bet is checking here: http://bit.ly/1PUdeeP
They announced/awarded these in Jan. for last semester, but the registrar did not contact students until April. Also note, not all professors give out CALIs.

NimChimpsky

Postby NimChimpsky » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:48 am

Gray wrote:

No idea, but congrats!!

Thank you! I'm excited by my grades this semester in a pretty non-discreet way mostly just because my first semester was pretty mediocre. I heard that people can do dramatically different from one semester to the next, but didn't believe it.

Hand

Postby Hand » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:55 am

Minnietron wrote:

Congratulations!
Since you are at GULC, your best bet is checking here: http://bit.ly/1PUdeeP
They announced/awarded these in Jan. for last semester, but the registrar did not contact students until April. Also note, not all professors give out CALIs.

Minnie you fucking nerd

NimChimpsky

Postby NimChimpsky » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:57 am

Cheers to nerdery.

Hand

Postby Hand » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:00 am

NimChimpsky wrote:Cheers to nerdery.

Oh I mean that in the best way! Congrats on doing well this semester. Ditto to minnie. My GPA has improved noticeably as well--just hoping that that holds once property gets released.

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Postby WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:02 am

Hand wrote:

Oh I mean that in the best way! Congrats on doing well this semester. Ditto to minnie. My GPA has improved noticeably as well--just hoping that that holds once property gets released.

Congrats to Minnie, Hand, and Nim!

Also, an A+ is insane. So huge props. I don't even know where you'd begin in trying to write in A+ exam! Nim, what were the main changes you made between 1st and 2nd semester?

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:09 am

Hand wrote:Minnie you fucking nerd

I only know this because of a friend. I rolled straight C- and F+ last semester.

WhiskeyAndCupcakes wrote:
Hand wrote:

Congrats to Minnie, WAC, Gray, Hand, and Nim!

FTFY. I'm just trying to keep my head slightly above top 98%.

NimChimpsky

Postby NimChimpsky » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:25 am

Hand wrote:

Also, an A+ is insane. So huge props. I don't even know where you'd begin in trying to write in A+ exam! Nim, what were the main changes you made between 1st and 2nd semester?

So here's the weird thing. I think I ultimately did less "stuff" but maybe did it more efficiently? After the first semester, I was like, "Oh, okay. I know what to do. I won't save outlining until the very end of the semester and I'll make sure I thoroughly do all the reading and read corresponding supplements on each topic as I go."

I did none of that. I didn't really get to outlining until the end (in fact, the class in which I got the A+ I didn't even do an outline--I traded one I did for another class for it, and then just fleshed it out with some of my own notes). I even did less briefing as I went, and I did many fewer study group meetings. I didn't do *more* of anything. That either helped by making me not overwhelmed by a lot of input, or else other people just did relatively worse. I don't know. I wish I could say, "Oh here's what to do," but I think it really just sums up to: do the reading, ask questions if you don't get something, and try to work in every relevant thing into the test (first semester I was bad at this, and did more direct answering instead of trying to hit as many points as possible).

Gray

Postby Gray » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:26 am

Yeah my GPA was considerably higher and I did much less reading/outlining/work generally. (still waiting on property though)

Auxilio

Postby Auxilio » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:30 am

NimChimpsky wrote:
Hand wrote:

So here's the weird thing. I think I ultimately did less "stuff" but maybe did it more efficiently? After the first semester, I was like, "Oh, okay. I know what to do. I won't save outlining until the very end of the semester and I'll make sure I thoroughly do all the reading and read corresponding supplements on each topic as I go."

I did none of that. I didn't really get to outlining until the end (in fact, the class in which I got the A+ I didn't even do an outline--I traded one I did for another class for it, and then just fleshed it out with some of my own notes). I even did less briefing as I went, and I did many fewer study group meetings. I didn't do *more* of anything. That either helped by making me not overwhelmed by a lot of input, or else other people just did relatively worse. I don't know. I wish I could say, "Oh here's what to do," but I think it really just sums up to: do the reading, ask questions if you don't get something, and try to work in every relevant thing into the test (first semester I was bad at this, and did more direct answering instead of trying to hit as many points as possible).

I'll also throw out that this is generally my advice as someone who did very well. Work efficiently, don't stress out. I did that first semester did amazing, and then probably took it a little to far second semester (and only did good), so there is a balance of cours.

I think the biggest tip to working efficiently is pay attention to what the prof said in class over reading a lot.
Last edited by Auxilio on Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

NimChimpsky

Postby NimChimpsky » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:30 am

Gray wrote:Yeah my GPA was considerably higher and I did much less reading/outlining/work generally. (still waiting on property though)

I'm waiting, too, and my property test was weird enough that I could imagine a range of outcomes from "parade" to "bed shitting." We'll see.

Gray

Postby Gray » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:55 am

NimChimpsky wrote:
Gray wrote:Yeah my GPA was considerably higher and I did much less reading/outlining/work generally. (still waiting on property though)

I'm waiting, too, and my property test was weird enough that I could imagine a range of outcomes from "parade" to "bed shitting." We'll see.

Yeah I feel similarly but expecting more the bed shitting side of the spectrum.

Hand

Postby Hand » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:03 pm

Nimp I see you were in my section, if you CALI'd con law despite the abysmal instruction we received, chapeau.

NimChimpsky

Postby NimChimpsky » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:20 pm

Ha, awkward conversation, given that we must know each other IRL. No, I know someone got an A+ in Con Law, but it wasn't me. Mine was one of the (I think) two in Crim.

unsweetened

Postby unsweetened » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:19 pm

I don't get grades until tomorrow. Enjoying my last few hours of blissful ignorance. Trying to not think that hard about it.

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:27 pm

Auxilio wrote:
NimChimpsky wrote:
Hand wrote:

I'll also throw out that this is generally my advice as someone who did very well. Work efficiently, don't stress out. I did that first semester did amazing, and then probably took it a little to far second semester (and only did good), so there is a balance of cours.

I think the biggest tip to working efficiently is pay attention to what the prof said in class over reading a lot.

I just posted dank memes every day and ended up top .69% out of 420 sheeple at my law circus law students HATE me find out my secret below

[+] Spoiler
Be sure to drink your Ovaltine

Hikikomorist

Postby Hikikomorist » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:30 pm

If anyone wants advice on how to be around median, I've got you covered (until I drop when second-semester grades get released).

Hand

Postby Hand » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:04 pm

NimChimpsky wrote:Ha, awkward conversation, given that we must know each other IRL. No, I know someone got an A+ in Con Law, but it wasn't me. Mine was one of the (I think) two in Crim.

Haha not knowing who you are it's easy to just be happy for you, but seriously, fuck Neal Katyal

NimChimpsky

Postby NimChimpsky » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:54 pm

Hand wrote:
NimChimpsky wrote:Ha, awkward conversation, given that we must know each other IRL. No, I know someone got an A+ in Con Law, but it wasn't me. Mine was one of the (I think) two in Crim.

Haha not knowing who you are it's easy to just be happy for you, but seriously, fuck Neal Katyal

Amen.

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”