2Little 2Late

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How much are you regretting your extracurricular choices?

Not at all, I can manage my time.
4%
I get busy sometimes, but it's not the worst.
16%
Every couple of weeks I briefly lose my sanity.
24%
I long for the sweet release of death.
32%
I am smart and didn't sign up for unnecessary BS
23%

Total votes: 90

BVest

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby BVest » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:10 am

ub3r wrote:
RCSOB657 wrote:
ub3r wrote:
BVest wrote:
ub3r wrote:wish I knew what median was at my school (UCLA)

I've seen elsewhere 1L median at 3.2; coif (graduating 10%) at 3.75.

Thanks. That's roughly what I had in mind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_l ... GPA_curves

A great resource, thanks. Though UCLA's cited pdf is from 2008, so I'm not sure about that one.

Yeah. The current is not exactly informative: https://law.ucla.edu/~/media/Assets/Cur ... dards.ashx

Plus, while the wiki page is a good source, IME, median GPA is always > target/allowed median class score by .1 or more. Whether that's because of professors trying to push the curve as much as the registrar will let them, because of the actual distribution of grades among students, or some other reason, I don't know.

LoganCouture

Postby LoganCouture » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:49 pm

Ugh grades. Someone hold me and tell me straight Ps = 180 Gs

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:54 pm

LoganCouture wrote:Ugh grades. Someone hold me and tell me straight Ps = 180 Gs

You're good, straight Ps = $180 Gs!

Also, your grade turnaround was amazing! June 3 finished and June 8 grades?! I finished on May 13 and was told today grades might take another 7-10 days!

Gray

Postby Gray » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:58 pm

Minnietron wrote:

Also, your grade turnaround was amazing! June 3 finished and June 8 grades?! I finished on May 13 and was told today grades might take another 7-10 days!

Remember that exam we finished in April? Funny how there are no grades for that yet.

LoganCouture

Postby LoganCouture » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:59 pm

Minnietron wrote:

I had a two quarter class that finished up at the end of April. Only those grades are in. I think the rest of the grades won't be in until mid July.

Thank you for the support! I hope your grades come back and exceed your wildest dreams.

MurdockLLP

Postby MurdockLLP » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:22 pm

What is everyone's plan with regards to mass-mailing? Anyone mailing now? I'm planning on waiting to hear from Journals/Moot Court but I'm just not sure.

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:34 pm

No mass mailing for me. Banking on OCI.

Have sent out a few for a part-time job during the year.

landshoes
is that cool?

Postby landshoes » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:24 pm

We have a lot of summer receptions so I plan to go to 3-4 of those and also follow up with the people I met at the school year firm receptions. So not quite "mass" mailing, but definitely nosing around for an early callback or two.

buckiguy_sucks

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:05 pm

No mass mailing but targeted mailing going to apply to the like 10 firms with the practice area I want

Waiting till grades tho but not journal because that comes out like a week before OCI lol

buckiguy_sucks

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:08 pm

Minnietron wrote:

By the registrar??

Hand

Postby Hand » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:30 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Minnietron wrote:

By the registrar??

If so, WTF

Hikikomorist

Postby Hikikomorist » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:10 pm

Hand wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Minnietron wrote:

By the registrar??

If so, WTF

Finished at the same time and still have a week to go. Can't stress those already hard-working professors too much.

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:48 pm

Hand wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Minnietron wrote:

By the registrar??

If so, WTF

"My calendar is filling up fast, so I suggest you make an appointment sooner rather than later in order to make sure you are able to get in to see me. To make an appointment, please click here. Hopefully grades will come out in the next week-10 days, but don’t wait until then to schedule!"
This was in an e-mail I received yesterday from OCS. I'm hoping that this is indicative of how one hand doesn't know what the other is doing, but it is likely a sign they don't care about us having grades in time to mass mail.
Gray wrote:Remember that exam we finished in April? Funny how there are no grades for that yet.

Also funny that those exams were needed to make decisions for Law Fellows. Decisions for Law Fellows were announced - end of May - but we don't have grades for those exams...

buckiguy_sucks

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:05 pm

Minnietron wrote:
Hand wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Minnietron wrote:

By the registrar??

If so, WTF

"My calendar is filling up fast, so I suggest you make an appointment sooner rather than later in order to make sure you are able to get in to see me. To make an appointment, please click here. Hopefully grades will come out in the next week-10 days, but don’t wait until then to schedule!"
This was in an e-mail I received yesterday from OCS. I'm hoping that this is indicative of how one hand doesn't know what the other is doing, but it is likely a sign they don't care about us having grades in time to mass mail.
Gray wrote:Remember that exam we finished in April? Funny how there are no grades for that yet.

Also funny that those exams were needed to make decisions for Law Fellows. Decisions for Law Fellows were announced - end of May - but we don't have grades for those exams...

What a fucking train wreck

Hand

Postby Hand » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:17 am

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
Hand wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Minnietron wrote:

By the registrar??

If so, WTF

What a fucking train wreck

Well at least that email came from OCS, not from the registrar. But still, WTF georgetown.

Hand

Postby Hand » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:19 am

Hikikomorist wrote:
Hand wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Minnietron wrote:

By the registrar??

If so, WTF

Finished at the same time and still have a week to go. Can't stress those already hard-working professors too much.

Deadline for profs to turn our grades in was a week ago so at this point it *should* be just the registrar who is not doing their job

NimChimpsky

Postby NimChimpsky » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:34 am

I'm at GULC, and I know someone who emailed the registrar a few days ago. He was told grades might be ready today, but the registrar's office is apparently not open today, so...probably not until next week. Though elective grades came out last Saturday so who knows.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:11 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:No mass mailing but targeted mailing going to apply to the like 10 firms with the practice area I want

Waiting till grades tho but not journal because that comes out like a week before OCI lol

Our Journal comes out the week before OCI bidding ends, so like 2 weeks from now. better to mass mail w/o or wait? also if mass w/o, should you mark journal pending or anything?

Auxilio

Postby Auxilio » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:36 pm

Finally got my last grade today (and managed to keep near the top somehow).

I'll tack onto the confused comments about mailing out. I kind of feel like I should wait until journal comes out (not actually sure when that is at Penn), but at the same time that is a long delay and there are not a plethora of spots at some of the areas I am targeting. Do you think waiting for journal is less (because academic aspect is covered) or more (since more likely to be LR) important with an ~4?

haus

Postby haus » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:43 pm

Congrats Aux,

I think my grades were to be posted today, but I just do not have the energy/motivation to dig up my credentials to look for them...

Auxilio

Postby Auxilio » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:46 pm

haus wrote:Congrats Aux,

I think my grades were to be posted today, but I just do not have the energy/motivation to dig up my credentials to look for them...

You mean you don't spam refresh every 5 minutes? My productivity will be way up next week.

and thanks!

haus

Postby haus » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:21 pm

Auxilio wrote:
haus wrote:Congrats Aux,

You mean you don't spam refresh every 5 minutes? My productivity will be way up next week.

and thanks!

I am a part-time student, who works full-time, we have had some issues over the last few weeks that have gotten the executives worked up, and due to the traditional work rules (i.e. shit rolls downhill), me and my team have been putting in a lot of long days. Sadly this mess started a little over a week before finals started, which made finals more of a pain than I had hopped for, and has prevented me from catching up on my rest as I had hoped.

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:47 pm

If you are 4/5 of the way to some type of feeling that we have yet to hash out, how are you supposed to feel?

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:06 am

Minnietron wrote:If you are 4/5 of the way to some type of feeling that we have yet to hash out, how are you supposed to feel?

I think the feeling is called top 15% probs

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:00 am

lol I also ~don't know how to feel~ about all my classes so far.

aggressively euphoric maybe?

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”