2Little 2Late

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How much are you regretting your extracurricular choices?

Not at all, I can manage my time.
3%
I get busy sometimes, but it's not the worst.
16%
Every couple of weeks I briefly lose my sanity.
26%
I long for the sweet release of death.
31%
I am smart and didn't sign up for unnecessary BS
23%

Total votes: 86

leslieknope

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby leslieknope » Wed May 18, 2016 8:33 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:
leslieknope wrote:Mood: have put in too much work into the write on to not finish it but not enough to have an actual shot of making it on

Other mood: burnt outttttt

H doesn't have grade on?

they take the top two people in each section based on a combination of 1L grades and write-on score, but all other spots are based on the competition score or i think discretionary stuff like diversity. (also lol the thought of grading on after what my grades this semester will inevitably look like).

Indifference

Postby Indifference » Wed May 18, 2016 10:20 pm

leslieknope wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:
leslieknope wrote:Mood: have put in too much work into the write on to not finish it but not enough to have an actual shot of making it on

H doesn't have grade on?

they take the top two people in each section based on a combination of 1L grades and write-on score, but all other spots are based on the competition score or i think discretionary stuff like diversity. (also lol the thought of grading on after what my grades this semester will inevitably look like).

+infinity. Should've burned the damn thing as soon as I got it. Haven't even touched the subcite yet. Luls.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Wed May 18, 2016 10:22 pm

leslieknope wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:

H doesn't have grade on?

we do auto grade on for the top 3 in each section, then its 50% comp 50% grades.

Joscellin

Postby Joscellin » Wed May 18, 2016 11:48 pm

Indifference wrote:
leslieknope wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:

H doesn't have grade on?

+infinity. Should've burned the damn thing as soon as I got it. Haven't even touched the subcite yet. Luls.

Good luck.

radio1nowhere

Postby radio1nowhere » Thu May 19, 2016 1:27 pm

It's going to come down to the wire for me whether I am even able to submit something on Saturday. I'm imagining a doomsday scenario of me pulling all-nighter Friday and working up until submission time only to end up not completing everything. HLR pls

leslieknope

Postby leslieknope » Thu May 19, 2016 2:31 pm

radio1nowhere wrote:

It's going to come down to the wire for me whether I am even able to submit something on Saturday. I'm imagining a doomsday scenario of me pulling all-nighter Friday and working up until submission time only to end up not completing everything. HLR pls

with the subcite I think I've just accepted that I could do it for 45 more years and still not have found what they want me to find, so i am therefore setting a "it is time to start typing the things into the thing" point of giving up on Friday so I can go to bed

RCSOB657

Postby RCSOB657 » Thu May 19, 2016 3:32 pm

I've got my j-term grade already and 2 of my 6 spring grades back.

MurdockLLP

Postby MurdockLLP » Thu May 19, 2016 6:12 pm

Just finished yesterday and already can't wait to get my grades back. Already started researching Mid-Law firms just in case I don't do as well as 1st semester.

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Thu May 19, 2016 8:02 pm

I'm just writing down all the emotions I know so that when I get all A-s I'll have some idea of how to feel

buckiguy_sucks

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu May 19, 2016 8:31 pm

Kinky John wrote:I'm just writing down all the emotions I know so that when I get all A-s I'll have some idea of how to feel

It can be hard to know how to feel, so this is a great move

dabigchina

Postby dabigchina » Thu May 19, 2016 9:29 pm

Kinky John wrote:I'm just writing down all the emotions I know so that when I get all A-s I'll have some idea of how to feel

is "amazing" not TCR for straight A-'s? Apparently my standards are laughably low.

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Fri May 20, 2016 8:24 am

dabigchina wrote:

is "amazing" not TCR for straight A-'s? Apparently my standards are laughably low.

I could be reading this wrong - I likely am - but KJ could know an emotion higher than "amazing" on the emotional scale. Maybe something like "super-amazing." So, your standards could be super-high.

buckiguy_sucks

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Fri May 20, 2016 11:42 am

Nope no desire to write on

Big Red

Postby Big Red » Fri May 20, 2016 12:10 pm

FYI we're technically not "Done-L" with two whole Ls left to go

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Fri May 20, 2016 1:12 pm

Grade anxiety is so real right now. This is worse than waiting on my last LSAT score. 2 weeks down. 2 to go.

Joscellin

Postby Joscellin » Fri May 20, 2016 1:27 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:Nope no desire to write on

I'm so over doing this, but I feel plot-committed at this point, even if an all-nighter is required.

BVest

Postby BVest » Fri May 20, 2016 1:40 pm

Joscellin wrote:
I'm so over doing this, but I feel plot-committed at this point, even if an all-nighter is required.

This is what gets me to watch many crappy movies to the end.

Hand

Postby Hand » Fri May 20, 2016 1:51 pm

Joscellin wrote:

bucki I'd have thought the topic of our write-on would be a turn-on given your #leadership position in a certain student org

JK I know better than that, nobody wants to do this shit

anyway I should probably re-instate my self-imposed TLS ban if I'm gonna have any hope of writing this fucking case note

buckiguy_sucks

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Fri May 20, 2016 3:13 pm

Hand wrote:
Joscellin wrote:

bucki I'd have thought the topic of our write-on would be a turn-on given your #leadership position in a certain student org

anyway I should probably re-instate my self-imposed TLS ban if I'm gonna have any hope of writing this fucking case note

i made this post before i even opened the packet, needless to say the desire has decreased even since then

Joscellin

Postby Joscellin » Fri May 20, 2016 3:50 pm

If you're gonna do it, don't wait.

It's not as terrible once you get some momentum, but getting to that point is hell.

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Fri May 20, 2016 4:17 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Hand wrote:
Joscellin wrote:

i made this post before i even opened the packet, needless to say the desire has decreased even since then

I was (somewhat) jazzed before I realized I would have to print this thing out at FedEx Office if I didn't want to break my printer...All jazz is gone; only Justin Beiber remains.

Hand

Postby Hand » Fri May 20, 2016 4:24 pm

Minnietron wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Hand wrote:
Joscellin wrote:

I was (somewhat) jazzed before I realized I would have to print this thing out at FedEx Office if I didn't want to break my printer...All jazz is gone; only Justin Beiber remains.

printing out this package for free has almost made me feel like my ridiculous rent for a luxury building with a business center is worth it

ETA and lol @ whoever put up the sign in there asking residents to be mindful of others and not print more than 20 pp at a time

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Fri May 20, 2016 4:26 pm

Hand wrote:anyway I should probably re-instate my self-imposed TLS ban if I'm gonna have any hope of writing this fucking case note

Welcome back (maybe)

BVest

Postby BVest » Fri May 20, 2016 4:27 pm

Hand wrote:ETA and lol @ whoever put up the sign in there asking residents to be mindful of others and not print more than 20 pp at a time

"Didn't you see the sign"

"What? It only printed one page at a time."

Hand

Postby Hand » Fri May 20, 2016 4:27 pm

Rigo wrote:
Hand wrote:anyway I should probably re-instate my self-imposed TLS ban if I'm gonna have any hope of writing this fucking case note

Welcome back (maybe)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”