2Little 2Late

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How much are you regretting your extracurricular choices?

Not at all, I can manage my time.
4
4%
I get busy sometimes, but it's not the worst.
14
16%
Every couple of weeks I briefly lose my sanity.
22
24%
I long for the sweet release of death.
29
32%
I am smart and didn't sign up for unnecessary BS
21
23%
 
Total votes: 90

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 3699
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby PeanutsNJam » Sun May 15, 2016 4:54 pm

lol so potential H/S transfers have to do write on as well... right fucking now. Just did write on last week. No. Just absolutely no.

User avatar
BasilHallward
Posts: 424
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:19 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby BasilHallward » Sun May 15, 2016 6:01 pm

UT's write-on is cake. No bluebook crap. Only 100 pages of quotes/cases and such. No specific topic. 8 pages double spaced limit

User avatar
landshoes
is that cool?
Posts: 1089
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby landshoes » Sun May 15, 2016 6:06 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:lol so potential H/S transfers have to do write on as well... right fucking now. Just did write on last week. No. Just absolutely no.


S is on the quarter system, doubt they start until june...

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 3699
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby PeanutsNJam » Sun May 15, 2016 6:27 pm

landshoes wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:lol so potential H/S transfers have to do write on as well... right fucking now. Just did write on last week. No. Just absolutely no.


S is on the quarter system, doubt they start until june...


Oh yeah my bad you just have to do write-on when the 1Ls do. Yale lets you write-on after you start classes in the fall I think, but their website also says that YLJ is much less competitive (and hence less prefigious) than law reviews at other schools.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5989
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Gray » Sun May 15, 2016 8:51 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:
landshoes wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:lol so potential H/S transfers have to do write on as well... right fucking now. Just did write on last week. No. Just absolutely no.


S is on the quarter system, doubt they start until june...


Oh yeah my bad you just have to do write-on when the 1Ls do. Yale lets you write-on after you start classes in the fall I think, but their website also says that YLJ is much less competitive (and hence less prefigious) than law reviews at other schools.

ya plus you'd be at Yale which is a TTT in decline

User avatar
Kinky John
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Kinky John » Sun May 15, 2016 10:10 pm

BasilHallward wrote:UT's write-on is cake. No bluebook crap. Only 100 pages of quotes/cases and such. No specific topic. 8 pages double spaced limit


Do you guys have to use TMOUS?

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 3699
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby PeanutsNJam » Sun May 15, 2016 10:21 pm

ok I take my warnings back you unpreftigious TTTs can just do your write-on the day before, unlike us preftigious schools WUSTL, Harvard, and Stanford

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5989
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Gray » Sun May 15, 2016 10:57 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:ok I take my warnings back you unpreftigious TTTs can just do your write-on the day before, unlike us preftigious schools WUSTL, Harvard, and Stanford

PnJ are you definitely going to transfer if you get HYS?

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 3699
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby PeanutsNJam » Sun May 15, 2016 11:23 pm

Gray wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:ok I take my warnings back you unpreftigious TTTs can just do your write-on the day before, unlike us preftigious schools WUSTL, Harvard, and Stanford

PnJ are you definitely going to transfer if you get HYS?


Not sure at all, gonna apply and see what happens. I like it here.

Good thing is I won't be too sad if I get rejected or if my spring grades dropped.

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3098
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Hikikomorist » Sun May 15, 2016 11:35 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:
Gray wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:ok I take my warnings back you unpreftigious TTTs can just do your write-on the day before, unlike us preftigious schools WUSTL, Harvard, and Stanford

PnJ are you definitely going to transfer if you get HYS?


Not sure at all, gonna apply and see what happens. I like it here.

Good thing is I won't be too sad if I get rejected or if my spring grades dropped.

What is it you want to do? Large firm?

User avatar
Big Red
Posts: 3014
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Big Red » Sun May 15, 2016 11:48 pm

lol for all the crap the lawl school talks about the "vandy experience" it is pretty funny that we: (1) are heavily socratic (2) have graded LRW and (3) have a FUBAR write-on.(R, Big dissenting)(entering the disillusioned phase of his law student career)

although it was nice to only take 3 doctrinals first semester*

User avatar
Dr. Nefario
Posts: 2365
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Dr. Nefario » Mon May 16, 2016 3:14 pm

The wait for grades is already killing me and I still have 18 days

Indifference
Posts: 535
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:01 am

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Indifference » Mon May 16, 2016 6:18 pm

Dr. Nefario wrote:The wait for grades is already killing me and I still have 18 days


Little over a month wait here. I'm helped by the fact that I would like to avoid my shame as long as possible.

User avatar
dabigchina
Posts: 694
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:22 am

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby dabigchina » Mon May 16, 2016 6:45 pm

Big Red wrote:lol for all the crap the lawl school talks about the "vandy experience" it is pretty funny that we: (1) are heavily socratic (2) have graded LRW and (3) have a FUBAR write-on.(R, Big dissenting)(entering the disillusioned phase of his law student career)

although it was nice to only take 3 doctrinals first semester*

Isn't 3 the norm? I thought it was very unusual to take 4 doctrinals per semester during 1L.

User avatar
BVest
Posts: 5699
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby BVest » Mon May 16, 2016 7:34 pm

dabigchina wrote:
Big Red wrote:lol for all the crap the lawl school talks about the "vandy experience" it is pretty funny that we: (1) are heavily socratic (2) have graded LRW and (3) have a FUBAR write-on.(R, Big dissenting)(entering the disillusioned phase of his law student career)

although it was nice to only take 3 doctrinals first semester*

Isn't 3 the norm? I thought it was very unusual to take 4 doctrinals per semester during 1L.


Depends entirely on the school. SMU goes hard with 5 doctrinals (2-3 hours each) each semester of 1L.

User avatar
landshoes
is that cool?
Posts: 1089
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby landshoes » Mon May 16, 2016 8:28 pm

what else is there besides doctrinals?

User avatar
BVest
Posts: 5699
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby BVest » Mon May 16, 2016 8:53 pm

LRW

User avatar
kellyfrost
Posts: 1301
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:58 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby kellyfrost » Mon May 16, 2016 9:16 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:
Gray wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:ok I take my warnings back you unpreftigious TTTs can just do your write-on the day before, unlike us preftigious schools WUSTL, Harvard, and Stanford

PnJ are you definitely going to transfer if you get HYS?


Not sure at all, gonna apply and see what happens. I like it here.

Good thing is I won't be too sad if I get rejected or if my spring grades dropped.



Do you have to wait until spring grades come out before you receive a transfer decision? I'm not familiar with the process as I wasn't fortunate enough to be in that position after 1L. Hell, I was lucky they let come stay in school to start 2L.

Porkypots
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:42 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Porkypots » Mon May 16, 2016 10:28 pm

Guyyssss my first grade posted :shock: :mrgreen: not even a week to decompress

User avatar
radio1nowhere
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:01 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby radio1nowhere » Tue May 17, 2016 12:26 pm

jw do you guys believe in LALR

*Life After Law Review

User avatar
Joscellin
Posts: 783
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:40 am

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby Joscellin » Tue May 17, 2016 5:26 pm

And the slow trickle of grades begins... Now I have to compulsively check every hour for the next 3 weeks :cry:

User avatar
MurdockLLP
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 10:32 am

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby MurdockLLP » Wed May 18, 2016 5:34 am

Last exam today at 12:30. Cannot wait to be on the other side.

User avatar
DCfilterDC
Posts: 2665
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:55 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby DCfilterDC » Wed May 18, 2016 9:55 am

MurdockLLP wrote:Last exam today at 12:30. Cannot wait to be on the other side.


good luck!

User avatar
leslieknope
Posts: 1092
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby leslieknope » Wed May 18, 2016 7:49 pm

Mood: have put in too much work into the write on to not finish it but not enough to have an actual shot of making it on

Other mood: burnt outttttt

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 3699
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Done-L: it was one L of a year.

Postby PeanutsNJam » Wed May 18, 2016 8:21 pm

leslieknope wrote:Mood: have put in too much work into the write on to not finish it but not enough to have an actual shot of making it on

Other mood: burnt outttttt


H doesn't have grade on?




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest