2Little 2Late

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How much are you regretting your extracurricular choices?

Not at all, I can manage my time.
4%
I get busy sometimes, but it's not the worst.
16%
Every couple of weeks I briefly lose my sanity.
25%
I long for the sweet release of death.
31%
I am smart and didn't sign up for unnecessary BS
24%

Total votes: 89

haus

Re: WE HAVE NO CH1LL

Postby haus » Sat May 07, 2016 1:47 am

Coming off this evenings exam, I recalled a statement from Scott a few years ago...

ScottRiqui wrote:I'll admit I'm a little intimidated when people are talking about exactly how many questions were in each section, and can remember specific question types and which LR question was in which section, and I'm sitting here thinking "I'm pretty sure I wore shoes to the LSAT - yeah, I definitely had on shoes".

...one more exam to go.

ScottRiqui

Postby ScottRiqui » Sat May 07, 2016 10:21 am

haus wrote:Coming off this evenings exam, I recalled a statement from Scott a few years ago...

ScottRiqui wrote:I'll admit I'm a little intimidated when people are talking about exactly how many questions were in each section, and can remember specific question types and which LR question was in which section, and I'm sitting here thinking "I'm pretty sure I wore shoes to the LSAT - yeah, I definitely had on shoes".

...one more exam to go.

You've got this, brother!

unsweetened

Postby unsweetened » Sat May 07, 2016 10:35 am

so after my con law exam the professor bought the class pizza. that was pretty awesome. it was like getting whipped for 3 hours and then getting a treat at the end. probably was my favorite class though

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Sat May 07, 2016 2:33 pm

unsweetened wrote:so after my con law exam the professor bought the class pizza. that was pretty awesome. it was like getting whipped for 3 hours and then getting a treat at the end. probably was my favorite class though

Sounds like your professor was aggrandizing power at the expense of campus dining services.

BNA

Postby BNA » Sat May 07, 2016 3:29 pm

So which one of you nerds correctly applied the rule against perpetuities?
Last edited by BNA on Sat May 07, 2016 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unsweetened

Postby unsweetened » Sat May 07, 2016 4:22 pm

Minnietron wrote:
unsweetened wrote:so after my con law exam the professor bought the class pizza. that was pretty awesome. it was like getting whipped for 3 hours and then getting a treat at the end. probably was my favorite class though

Sounds like your professor was aggrandizing power at the expense of campus dining services.

She's a Dean, so basically she does whatever she wants.
I hear that campus dining services are pretty excellent, but the presence of undergrads makes me ill and exam period brings out the crazy in everyone.

haus

Postby haus » Sat May 07, 2016 5:50 pm

BNA wrote:So which one of you nerds correctly applied the rule against perpetuates?

My property course was last semester. I suspect we had a RAP question worked into the final, but the self protective data dump that happened almost instantaneously with hitting the submit button has purged my mind of these details.

Porkypots

Postby Porkypots » Sun May 08, 2016 1:11 am

I don't have any energy to study for crim :( :( :(

haus

Postby haus » Sun May 08, 2016 1:50 am

Porkypots wrote:I don't have any energy to study for crim :( :( :(

Does binge watching law and order count?

Porkypots

Postby Porkypots » Sun May 08, 2016 2:27 am

haus wrote:

I've watched three episodes of Veronica Mars. One episode of dateline and one episode of 48 hours? That should count as studying right?

haus

Postby haus » Sun May 08, 2016 2:31 am

Porkypots wrote:
haus wrote:

I've watched three episodes of Veronica Mars. One episode of dateline and one episode of 48 hours? That should count as studying right?

I say yes. Although I would have given more credit if you substituted the 48 hours episode with the movie 48 hours.

haus

Postby haus » Mon May 09, 2016 1:41 am

ScottRiqui wrote:
haus wrote:Coming off this evenings exam, I recalled a statement from Scott a few years ago...

...one more exam to go.

You've got this, brother!

Thanks!

Done (except for weeks of worrying about grades... And back to work in the morning)

Big Red

Postby Big Red » Mon May 09, 2016 12:24 pm

god I can't wait to terrify all the new 1Ls

first bar review I'm going to be like - "you guys sure you have time for this? - and then just walk away :lol: :twisted:

unsweetened

Postby unsweetened » Mon May 09, 2016 3:12 pm

Big Red wrote:god I can't wait to terrify all the new 1Ls

first bar review I'm going to be like - "you guys sure you have time for this? - and then just walk away :lol: :twisted:

YAAAASSSSSSS!

I still havent been to a bar review this year, but that's mainly because I hate people.

Dr. Nefario

Postby Dr. Nefario » Tue May 10, 2016 10:40 am

Didn't go to bar review cause the Bar's like 3 years away. Why review now?

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Tue May 10, 2016 6:34 pm

You know what doesn't cause stress? Removing 400 words from an exam response in 5 minutes and submitting with 1 minute left. I'm sure the edits were coherent and make for a well-constructed response...discretionary D, here I come

Gray

Postby Gray » Tue May 10, 2016 6:54 pm

Minnietron wrote:You know what doesn't cause stress? Removing 400 words from an exam response in 5 minutes and submitting with 1 minute left. I'm sure the edits were coherent and make for a well-constructed response...discretionary D, here I come

lol you're crazy. I was only close to word count on Q1, and I was 100 words under still.

Sounds like you spotted ALL THE ISSUES. Discretionary A+ probably.

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Tue May 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Gray wrote:
Minnietron wrote:You know what doesn't cause stress? Removing 400 words from an exam response in 5 minutes and submitting with 1 minute left. I'm sure the edits were coherent and make for a well-constructed response...discretionary D, here I come

lol you're crazy. I was only close to word count on Q1, and I was 100 words under still.

Or, I talked about one issue (subjective expectation of privacy) for 2,000 words before realizing I needed discuss the other 35 lurking issues. You can bet I nailed that one analysis though!

Gray

Postby Gray » Tue May 10, 2016 8:02 pm

Minnietron wrote:
Gray wrote:

Or, I talked about one issue (subjective expectation of privacy) for 2,000 words before realizing I needed discuss the other 35 lurking issues. You can bet I nailed that one analysis though!

I did that except with the car stuff. "Oh good it's been 2 hours and I haven't started talking about the actual search yet, great, super work there bud."

Also I kind of misread the prompt for the policy questions so my answer to that was not per se wrong, but it sure won't be what he was expecting!

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Thu May 12, 2016 1:49 pm

Has anybody started write-on yet? I need commiseration.

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Thu May 12, 2016 2:00 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:Has anybody started write-on yet? I need commiseration.

8 days until misery begins here. I hear "concur, but for different reasons" is the way to go.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Thu May 12, 2016 2:22 pm

I'm going all out "circuit COA got it right who am I to say any different" but I think I can swing some "well here are some other reasons the court is right they probably were just too lazy to add them"

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu May 12, 2016 3:13 pm

Minnietron wrote:

8 days until misery begins here. I hear "concur, but for different reasons" is the way to go.

Planning to deal with this the same way I dealt with moot court - wait until the last day and do it all at once.

Capitol_Idea

Postby Capitol_Idea » Thu May 12, 2016 3:28 pm

Minnietron wrote:

As someone who's judged write-on, it matters way, way more that you get bluebooking and basic grammar right than what position you take (hint: we don't care - just know how to make an argument and correctly cite a case to support it).

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Thu May 12, 2016 4:28 pm

Gray wrote:
Minnietron wrote:

Planning to deal with this the same way I dealt with moot court - wait until the last day and do it all at once.

I know this is a joke but for even for serial procrastinators like me, you need to start asap. Consider yourselves warned, and think of me fondly when you first look at the materials halfway through the week and go "damn should've listened to pnj."

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”