2Little 2Late

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How much are you regretting your extracurricular choices?

Not at all, I can manage my time.
4
4%
I get busy sometimes, but it's not the worst.
14
16%
Every couple of weeks I briefly lose my sanity.
22
25%
I long for the sweet release of death.
28
31%
I am smart and didn't sign up for unnecessary BS
21
24%
 
Total votes: 89

User avatar
czpczp
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:54 am

Re: WE HAVE NO CH1LL

Postby czpczp » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:37 pm

Kinky John wrote:New poll: How do you feel about your school's 2015 employment stats?

- Good
- Don't know how to feel (Straight A-s)
- Bad
- GULC



woah bro calm down, that is harassment.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5988
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: WE HAVE NO CH1LL

Postby Gray » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:48 pm

Kinky John wrote:New poll: How do you feel about your school's 2015 employment stats?

- Good
- Don't know how to feel (Straight A-s)
- Bad
- GULC

ruuuude

But IDK as someone probably on team NoCI I don't really GAF about how many people law firms hire.

User avatar
Kinky John
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: WE HAVE NO CH1LL

Postby Kinky John » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:51 pm

czpczp wrote:
Kinky John wrote:New poll: How do you feel about your school's 2015 employment stats?

- Good
- Don't know how to feel (Straight A-s)
- Bad
- GULC



woah bro calm down, that is harassment.


the GULCers here are all great people and in no way do I intend to cyberbully them

User avatar
LoganCouture
Posts: 1405
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:48 pm

Re: WE HAVE NO CH1LL

Postby LoganCouture » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:00 pm

Kinky John wrote:New poll: How do you feel about your school's 2015 employment stats?

- Good
- Don't know how to feel (Straight A-s)
- Bad
- GULC


The best 8)

User avatar
Dr. Nefario
Posts: 2364
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: WE HAVE NO CH1LL

Postby Dr. Nefario » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:16 pm

Kinky John wrote:New poll: How do you feel about your school's 2015 employment stats?

- Good
- Don't know how to feel (Straight A-s)
- Bad
- GULC


bout tree fiddy.

User avatar
leslieknope
Posts: 1092
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: WE HAVE NO CH1LL

Postby leslieknope » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:15 pm

I like the clerkship numbers 8)

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3081
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: WE HAVE NO CH1LL

Postby Hikikomorist » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:26 pm

Staying away from tall ledges over here.

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 3699
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: WE HAVE NO CH1LL

Postby PeanutsNJam » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:04 pm

Damn vandy damn

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: WE HAVE NO CH1LL

Postby Minnietron » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:18 pm

Kinky John wrote:
czpczp wrote:
Kinky John wrote:New poll: How do you feel about your school's 2015 employment stats?

- Good
- Don't know how to feel (Straight A-s)
- Bad
- GULC



woah bro calm down, that is harassment.


the GULCers here are all great people and in no way do I intend to cyberbully them

Its the unintentional bullying that hurts the most...But it doesn't hurt as much as the 264 words between me and freedom from LRW.

User avatar
Big Red
Posts: 3014
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: WE HAVE NO CH1LL

Postby Big Red » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:24 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:Damn vandy damn


what'd we do?

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 3699
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: WE HAVE NO CH1LL

Postby PeanutsNJam » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:06 pm

Big Red wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:Damn vandy damn


what'd we do?


replace GULC

not that that's saying much

User avatar
Attorney-at-Birdlaw
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:56 pm

Re: WE HAVE NO CH1LL

Postby Attorney-at-Birdlaw » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:32 am

LoganCouture wrote:so are all the gunners ITT who read also gunning for law review?

idk it sounds like the worst kinda. no judgment tho.


Planning on joining a new journal starting up next year. Probably a really stupid decision but fuck it, it fits my background and it might be fun/beneficial to be considered a "founding member" of a journal.

User avatar
ErgoSum
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: WE HAVE NO CH1LL

Postby ErgoSum » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:36 pm

Image

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: WE HAVE NO CH1LL

Postby Minnietron » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:45 pm

ErgoSum wrote:Image

New Poll Idea:

What party do you identify with in this GIF?
-Cat (Correct Answer)
-Train (Also Correct Answer)

ETA: Brief submitted = never having to worry about LRW again, correct?

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5988
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: WE HAVE NO CH1LL

Postby Gray » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:19 am

Minnietron wrote:ETA: Brief submitted = never having to worry about LRW again, correct?

Here's to not getting selected as a law fellow.

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: WE HAVE NO CH1LL

Postby Minnietron » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:48 am

Gray wrote:
Minnietron wrote:ETA: Brief submitted = never having to worry about LRW again, correct?

Here's to not getting selected as a law fellow.

You can't get selected if you don't apply!

User avatar
Kinky John
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: WE HAVE NO CH1LL

Postby Kinky John » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:05 pm

Minnietron wrote:What party do you identify with in this GIF?
-Cat (Correct Answer)
-Train (Also Correct Answer)


The watermark

User avatar
Minnietron
Posts: 591
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: WE HAVE NO CH1LL

Postby Minnietron » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:45 pm

Kinky John wrote:
Minnietron wrote:What party do you identify with in this GIF?
-Cat (Correct Answer)
-Train (Also Correct Answer)


The watermark

So you are interested in Critical Legal Studies?

User avatar
unsweetened
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Re: WE HAVE NO CH1LL

Postby unsweetened » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:20 pm

So relieved class is over in one week.
So terrified the exam period starts next week.

User avatar
Dr. Nefario
Posts: 2364
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: WE HAVE NO CH1LL

Postby Dr. Nefario » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:22 pm

unsweetened wrote:So relieved class is over in one week.
So terrified the exam period starts next week.


Not sure if I'm more terrified that today was the last day of classes or that my first exam will be over 7 days from now

User avatar
zhenders
Posts: 743
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: WE HAVE NO CH1LL

Postby zhenders » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:54 pm

Can I just say, I've absolutely LOVED the quarter system -- until now. I have another month of classes; forgettabout exams.

User avatar
MurdockLLP
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 10:32 am

Re: WE HAVE NO CH1LL

Postby MurdockLLP » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:47 am

Dr. Nefario wrote:
unsweetened wrote:So relieved class is over in one week.
So terrified the exam period starts next week.


Not sure if I'm more terrified that today was the last day of classes or that my first exam will be over 7 days from now


Worst part about 1L is that the summer isn't even a break. Once finals are over we have the Writing Competition. The day after that submission, the Moot Court competition documents drop. Then I start two different jobs (firm and RA). Then waiting for grades. Then Trial Ad competition. Then OCI prep and mass mail. Finally, EIW and OCI.

User avatar
landshoes
is that cool?
Posts: 1089
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: WE HAVE NO CH1LL

Postby landshoes » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:53 am

zhenders wrote:Can I just say, I've absolutely LOVED the quarter system -- until now. I have another month of classes; forgettabout exams.


RIGHT? I can't believe people are basically done already!

The only thing getting me through is the thought of next September, which will be full of callbacks and beautiful weather. <------speculative

User avatar
unsweetened
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Re: WE HAVE NO CH1LL

Postby unsweetened » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:18 pm

MurdockLLP wrote:
Dr. Nefario wrote:
unsweetened wrote:So relieved class is over in one week.
So terrified the exam period starts next week.


Not sure if I'm more terrified that today was the last day of classes or that my first exam will be over 7 days from now


Worst part about 1L is that the summer isn't even a break. Once finals are over we have the Writing Competition. The day after that submission, the Moot Court competition documents drop. Then I start two different jobs (firm and RA). Then waiting for grades. Then Trial Ad competition. Then OCI prep and mass mail. Finally, EIW and OCI.

I'm trying not to think about all that right now. I caught a break since my start date for my summer internship is after Memorial Day. I'm going to SEMJF, so have to prep for that. Summer job (big fed) seems super chill though.

User avatar
Hikikomorist
Posts: 3081
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: WE HAVE NO CH1LL

Postby Hikikomorist » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:20 pm

unsweetened wrote:
MurdockLLP wrote:
Dr. Nefario wrote:
unsweetened wrote:So relieved class is over in one week.
So terrified the exam period starts next week.


Not sure if I'm more terrified that today was the last day of classes or that my first exam will be over 7 days from now


Worst part about 1L is that the summer isn't even a break. Once finals are over we have the Writing Competition. The day after that submission, the Moot Court competition documents drop. Then I start two different jobs (firm and RA). Then waiting for grades. Then Trial Ad competition. Then OCI prep and mass mail. Finally, EIW and OCI.

I'm trying not to think about all that right now. I caught a break since my start date for my summer internship is after Memorial Day. I'm going to SEMJF, so have to prep for that. Summer job (big fed) seems super chill though.

I'm thinking of attending that, too.




Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest