2Little 2Late

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)

How much are you regretting your extracurricular choices?

Not at all, I can manage my time.
3%
I get busy sometimes, but it's not the worst.
16%
Every couple of weeks I briefly lose my sanity.
26%
I long for the sweet release of death.
31%
I am smart and didn't sign up for unnecessary BS
23%

Total votes: 86

leslieknope

Re: WE HAVE NO CH1LL

Postby leslieknope » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:38 pm

zhenders wrote:
landshoes wrote:
zhenders wrote:I mean how can y'all stand class if you DON'T read? I'd be bored to tears (or possibly much better at chess)

I was behind on reading last quarter and it made class completely unbearable (and useless)

Yeah, for sure. I mean I fully agree that how one does on cold calls doesn't matter and all, but the anxiety of sitting in class waiting for a cold call that you can't even pretend to bullshit your way through? No thanks.

I just don't understand shit if I don't read. It's like getting half the story.

unsweetened

Postby unsweetened » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:07 pm

Mingled with students at ASW today. That was fun, meeting such hopeful people and hearing about their aspirations... asking what they can do during the summer to be more successful during 1L. It was great.

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:38 pm

unsweetened wrote:Mingled with students at ASW today. That was fun, meeting such hopeful people and hearing about their aspirations... asking what they can do during the summer to be more successful during 1L. It was great.

Did you tell them to negotiate scholarships?

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:33 pm

I feel like the single best investment one can make before 1L is raising your alcohol tolerance so that you can keep up at bar review. I wish I'd known how seriously 2Ls and 3Ls took their drinking.

unsweetened

Postby unsweetened » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:53 pm

Minnietron wrote:
unsweetened wrote:Mingled with students at ASW today. That was fun, meeting such hopeful people and hearing about their aspirations... asking what they can do during the summer to be more successful during 1L. It was great.

I told them to go to France. Close enough, right?

buckiguy_sucks

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:48 am

zhenders wrote:I feel like the single best investment one can make before 1L is raising your alcohol tolerance so that you can keep up at bar review. I wish I'd known how seriously 2Ls and 3Ls took their drinking.

This is a negative value investment dude paying more to get equally drunk is dumb

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:38 am

unsweetened wrote:
Minnietron wrote:

Nah tell them to first buy a commercial outline for each of their courses and read it cover-to-cover. Then tell them to buy the casebook as soon as they know which one to get and start reading that cover to cover. They won't get through it, but promise them that it will put them light years ahead of their peers and all but guarantee a top 5% grade.

Also tell them to impress their professors buy arguing vehemently against everyone; professors, students, and themselves. Never back down, and keep your hand raised at all times. Share relevant personal experiences, thoughts, and opinions as much as possible, because sharing their unique, enlightened perspectives and experiences is highly valuable to the classroom learning environment.

Hand

Postby Hand » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:00 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:
unsweetened wrote:
Minnietron wrote:

Nah tell them to first buy a commercial outline for each of their courses and read it cover-to-cover. Then tell them to buy the casebook as soon as they know which one to get and start reading that cover to cover. They won't get through it, but promise them that it will put them light years ahead of their peers and all but guarantee a top 5% grade.

Also tell them to impress their professors buy arguing vehemently against everyone; professors, students, and themselves. Never back down, and keep your hand raised at all times. Share relevant personal experiences, thoughts, and opinions as much as possible, because sharing their unique, enlightened perspectives and experiences is highly valuable to the classroom learning environment.

maybe students at your toilet need to be told these things but folks planning to attend this august institution know these things instinctively, presumable due to their fine breeding

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:09 am

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
zhenders wrote:I feel like the single best investment one can make before 1L is raising your alcohol tolerance so that you can keep up at bar review. I wish I'd known how seriously 2Ls and 3Ls took their drinking.

This is a negative value investment dude paying more to get equally drunk is dumb

Nonono, wrong perspective. You're gonna drink shit tons regardless. The increased tolerance allows you to actually remember the friends you made, and makes Friday am classes after Thursday's Brev much more doable.

Minnietron

Postby Minnietron » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:30 am

Hand wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:

maybe students at your toilet need to be told these things but folks planning to attend this august institution know these things instinctively, presumable due to their fine Superior breeding

FTFY. Fine is for striving plebeians.

Hand

Postby Hand » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:44 pm

At a panel about 2L public interest internships that I attended today, someone recommended TLS for more information about the job search. Solid reference, thanks, gonna check it out.

IsThisForReal

Postby IsThisForReal » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:45 pm

Hand wrote:At a panel about 2L public interest internships that I attended today, someone recommended TLS for more information about the job search. Solid reference, thanks, gonna check it out.

That happened here too a few weeks ago

Hand

Postby Hand » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:45 pm

Solid new poll btw Gray. Today was the first time this semester I didn't read at all for one of my classes, because I left my book in my locker over the weekend. Had even less of a clue what was going on in there than usual, so probably won't repeat this.

Edited for spelling because I can't fucking spell for the life of me.
Last edited by Hand on Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hand

Postby Hand » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:46 pm

IsThisForReal wrote:
Hand wrote:At a panel about 2L public interest internships that I attended today, someone recommended TLS for more information about the job search. Solid reference, thanks, gonna check it out.

Nice. I wonder if this is a thing at T13s as well, or only happens at toilets.

Hikikomorist

Postby Hikikomorist » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:49 pm

Hand wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:

No references to TLS within earshot where I am, sadly.

DCfilterDC

Postby DCfilterDC » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:49 pm

Hand wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:

Just TTTs, it's kind of instinctive at T13s

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:04 pm

DCfilterDC wrote:
Hand wrote:
IsThisForReal wrote:

Just TTTs, it's kind of instinctive at T13s

Some speaker recently brought up TLS and I nearly shit my knickers

Gray

Postby Gray » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:37 pm

It was in reference to a question I asked and I could hardly contain the lulz.

Hand

Postby Hand » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:42 pm

Gray wrote:

Panelist probably recognized you b/c you're TLS famous, dropped TLS just to signal she is one of us.

Gray

Postby Gray » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:45 pm

Hand wrote:
Gray wrote:

Panelist probably recognized you b/c you're TLS famous, dropped TLS just to signal she is one of us.

she should have been less subtle.

"So do you BROWS tls? It's a GRAAAYYYYt place to find information"

Hand

Postby Hand » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:57 am

This week at GULC, besides the mention of how great of a resource TLS is, also brought us safety recommendations after recent, non-descript "incidents" near school that include the suggestion to "[w]ear appropriate shoes in the event you have to move quickly" (do allen edmonds qualify? asking for a friend!) and a pro-life bowling event. I wonder if I need to bring my own fetus to that?

Gray

Postby Gray » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:48 pm

Hand wrote:. I wonder if I need to bring my own fetus to that?

Lolololol to replace the pins or the ball?

Hikikomorist

Postby Hikikomorist » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:27 pm

Gray wrote:

Both. You'd need at least three to a set.

Gray

Postby Gray » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:48 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:
Gray wrote:

Both. You'd need at least three to a set.

I want to be your IRL friend so bad stop resisting.

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:08 pm

Gray wrote:

:lol:

Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum”