.

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2018)
Gray

Platinum
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Postby Gray » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:27 am

.

Hikikomorist

Platinum
Posts: 7788
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Rainbows and Sm1Les: Everything Is Totally Fine

Postby Hikikomorist » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:30 am

Gray wrote:Having 2 weeks to edit the brief was great; I really liked having all that time to procrastinate before starting to edit it at 9PM the night before it was due.

You got to the editing stage two weeks before the due date? That's seems pretty striverishresponsible.

foregetaboutdre

Bronze
Posts: 388
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:16 am

Re: Rainbows and Sm1Les: Everything Is Totally Fine

Postby foregetaboutdre » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:36 am

buckiguy_sucks wrote:This is a post where i muse about the strange pronunciations of Ohio towns that are named after other things why aren't they pronounced like the other things.


Lime-uh = Lima
Ver-sales = Versailles
Zeen-yuh = Xenia
Ray-oh Grand = Rio Grande
Leb-a-nun = Lebanon

????????

Also where I muse about New Orleans not being pronounced like Orleans. Why English language, why

edit: there was no actual musing I suppose just a lot of question marks


Ties to both MI and OH. Charlotte in Michigan is pronounced. SHAR - LOT (Lot). I really hope I don't mess up pronouncing Charlotte, NC for anything (and also sound like an idiot).

Gray

Platinum
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Postby Gray » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:40 am

.

Minnietron

Silver
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Rainbows and Sm1Les: Everything Is Totally Fine

Postby Minnietron » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:56 am

Gray wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:
Gray wrote:Having 2 weeks to edit the brief was great; I really liked having all that time to procrastinate before starting to edit it at 9PM the night before it was due.

You got to the editing stage two weeks before the due date? That's seems pretty striverishresponsible.

lolol no we had a first draft due two weeks before the final draft was due

I feel bad for the 2L Law Fellows that have to read the first drafts - specifically my first draft. It comes back with so much red and I can almost see the difficulty they had coming up with "compliment sandwiches" for some issues. Not bad enough to put in extra time on it though...
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
IsThisForReal

Gold
Posts: 3833
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:29 am

Re: Rainbows and Sm1Les: Everything Is Totally Fine

Postby IsThisForReal » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:20 am

foregetaboutdre wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:This is a post where i muse about the strange pronunciations of Ohio towns that are named after other things why aren't they pronounced like the other things.


Lime-uh = Lima
Ver-sales = Versailles
Zeen-yuh = Xenia
Ray-oh Grand = Rio Grande
Leb-a-nun = Lebanon

????????

Also where I muse about New Orleans not being pronounced like Orleans. Why English language, why

edit: there was no actual musing I suppose just a lot of question marks


Ties to both MI and OH. Charlotte in Michigan is pronounced. SHAR - LOT (Lot). I really hope I don't mess up pronouncing Charlotte, NC for anything (and also sound like an idiot).

Ummm. I'm pretty sure that's how its pronounced in the rest of the country too....

Unless we're arguing about the semantics of an unemphasized -lot vs -let, that you cant really differentiate in speech anyway
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks

Gold
Posts: 2877
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: Rainbows and Sm1Les: Everything Is Totally Fine

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:04 pm

Minnietron wrote:
Gray wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:
Gray wrote:Having 2 weeks to edit the brief was great; I really liked having all that time to procrastinate before starting to edit it at 9PM the night before it was due.

You got to the editing stage two weeks before the due date? That's seems pretty striverishresponsible.

lolol no we had a first draft due two weeks before the final draft was due

I feel bad for the 2L Law Fellows that have to read the first drafts - specifically my first draft. It comes back with so much red and I can almost see the difficulty they had coming up with "compliment sandwiches" for some issues. Not bad enough to put in extra time on it though...


so what you're saying is i shouldn't apply to be a law fellow

Minnietron

Silver
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Rainbows and Sm1Les: Everything Is Totally Fine

Postby Minnietron » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:58 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
Gray wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:
Gray wrote:Having 2 weeks to edit the brief was great; I really liked having all that time to procrastinate before starting to edit it at 9PM the night before it was due.

You got to the editing stage two weeks before the due date? That's seems pretty striverishresponsible.

lolol no we had a first draft due two weeks before the final draft was due

I feel bad for the 2L Law Fellows that have to read the first drafts - specifically my first draft. It comes back with so much red and I can almost see the difficulty they had coming up with "compliment sandwiches" for some issues. Not bad enough to put in extra time on it though...


so what you're saying is i shouldn't apply to be a law fellow

If you enjoy putting up with utilitarian slackers like me and telling them that their trash is lovely, then by all means! You do get a solid professor rec out of it...
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
unsweetened

Silver
Posts: 661
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Re: Rainbows and Sm1Les: Everything Is Totally Fine

Postby unsweetened » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:29 pm

LRW officially dead and buried. Done with mandatory appellate arguments. Woop woop. I kind of hope I make it to the round of 64, but then again, not really.

Porkypots

New
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:42 pm

Re: Rainbows and Sm1Les: Everything Is Totally Fine

Postby Porkypots » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:06 pm

I have to learn two months of contracts in 4 days T_T T_T T_T

User avatar
buckiguy_sucks

Gold
Posts: 2877
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Re: Rainbows and Sm1Les: Everything Is Totally Fine

Postby buckiguy_sucks » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:36 pm

Porkypots wrote:I have to learn two months of contracts in 4 days T_T T_T T_T


i guarantee i will be doing this with property, con law, admin, at the least and potentially the second half of crim pro

although semesters so more than two months

LoganCouture

Gold
Posts: 1536
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:48 pm

Re: Rainbows and Sm1Les: Everything Is Totally Fine

Postby LoganCouture » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:48 pm

buckiguy_sucks wrote:
Porkypots wrote:I have to learn two months of contracts in 4 days T_T T_T T_T


i guarantee i will be doing this with property, con law, admin, at the least and potentially the second half of crim pro

although semesters so more than two months


I did this with property and conlaw...uhh I guess I'll know how it turned out in a few weeks

Hikikomorist

Platinum
Posts: 7788
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Rainbows and Sm1Les: Everything Is Totally Fine

Postby Hikikomorist » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:56 pm

Can we get a new thread title that shows progression to the next coping stage?

User avatar
xael

Platinum
Posts: 7549
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:18 pm

Re: Rainbows and Sm1Les: Everything Is Totally Fine

Postby xael » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:01 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:Can we get a new thread title that shows progression to the next coping stage?


be careful what you name it!!!!!!

Gray

Platinum
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Postby Gray » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:13 pm

.

User avatar
Big Red

Gold
Posts: 3254
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: Rainbows and Sm1Les: Everything Is Totally Fine

Postby Big Red » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:15 pm

Gray wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:Can we get a new thread title that shows progression to the next coping stage?

is it on anger now?

denial, anger, bargaining, something something and then you're done with alcoholism


this is mostly where I am

Gray

Platinum
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Postby Gray » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:17 pm

.

User avatar
xael

Platinum
Posts: 7549
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:18 pm

Re: Rainbows and Sm1Les: Everything Is Totally Fine

Postby xael » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:19 pm

Gray wrote:Taking thread title suggestions though


please remember to include "[all are welcome]" to placate the petty tyrants

User avatar
Big Red

Gold
Posts: 3254
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: Rainbows and Sm1Les: Everything Is Totally Fine

Postby Big Red » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:21 pm

xael wrote:
Gray wrote:Taking thread title suggestions though


please remember to include "[all are welcome]" to placate the petty tyrants


xylo call-in

Hikikomorist

Platinum
Posts: 7788
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Rainbows and Sm1Les: Everything Is Totally Fine

Postby Hikikomorist » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:22 pm

xael wrote:
Gray wrote:Taking thread title suggestions though


please remember to include "[all are welcome]" to placate the petty tyrants

You should lead a 2L uprising to overwhelm the mods with new threads, SBL-style.

Hikikomorist

Platinum
Posts: 7788
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Rainbows and Sm1Les: Everything Is Totally Fine

Postby Hikikomorist » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:30 pm

Gray wrote:Taking thread title suggestions though

All of mine are for when we get to depression.

1Life is Sadness
Lost in a W1Lderness of Pain

User avatar
Kinky John

Silver
Posts: 1131
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Rainbows and Sm1Les: Everything Is Totally Fine

Postby Kinky John » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:44 pm

Gray wrote:Taking thread title suggestions though


Yes! We Have No Ch1ll
Last edited by Kinky John on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Big Red

Gold
Posts: 3254
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: Rainbows and Sm1Les: Everything Is Totally Fine

Postby Big Red » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:47 pm

Kinky John wrote:
Gray wrote:Taking thread title suggestions though


Yes! We Have No Ch1ll


yeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssss

Gray

Platinum
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Postby Gray » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:51 pm

.

Gray

Platinum
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

.

Postby Gray » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:55 pm

.



Return to “TLS Class of 2018 Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest